main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Duly noted, Aragorn. And thanks Dajuan. :D

Last time I had one of these I had to win an election.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Least I can do :) Plus it'll make you more visible for the game (even though there are a lot of other "colored" people playing too).

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    For anyone who's interested in collaborating on backstory:

I'd like my character to be fairly new to the Alliance and brand new to the cell. However, if anyone was interested in having their character be a part of the group that liberated him from a prison transport, I could use that as an explanation for him joining this particular cell in an effort to pay you back for helping him. Just a thought.

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Yeah I'm not playing. I'll help Katana with stats or maps or looking up stuff a little bit if she needs.

Tennessee Bar Association isn't a very good name for a SW game, IMO [face_plain]

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I could play that part, Aragorn. I initially had his age at 18, because I was going to play a pretty green character, but I changed it to 25 because I figured an intelligence officer needs some experience. That could be part of his experience. Let me know.

Does anyone have any other books besides the core rule book? I want to get some equipment but I'm not entirely sure if this has the best stuff.

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    My plan was to be from a guardsman from a purged branch of House Pelagia in the Tapani sector. If anyone wants to work into that section...

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    My lil' droid used to be property of a Senator during the waning days of the Galactic Republic. I was thinking he had been with Daj since before she joined the Alliance.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I guess I better let this cat out of the bag now so it can go with in terms of backstory: I am considering giving Dajuan's character a ship. A freighter, not a YT-1300 but Dave knows the name as he suggested it. That's really why I can't start the game until I leave Sydney as I don't have the numbers.

Originally, I was considering you guys rolling for this but it makes the most sense for Dajuan's character to have it.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    By all means.

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Dave, will you be using the new droids book? I don't have access to it so I would rather if you didn't, or at least advised me on the relevant rules if you were.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No, I wasn't planning to, I'm sticking to the core rulebook and the campaign guides you allowed. I'm double-checking some confusing rules.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have access to most of the books if people want me to look something up. Plus I have a couple Excel sheets I can email that list equipment, feats, talents, etc. So if you want me to email that to you, PM me your address.

Back story: My family was a nomadic trading family. Mostly legal stuff, but occasionally we'd smuggle items if the money was right. We had a nice main ship and a couple smaller transports (think Serenity but a little bigger). I was off making a drop when our ship came under attach from the Empire. Apparently the Empire had gotten wind of some of our illegal activities. I came back to find our ship destroyed and a message beacon telling me to run. So I did. Long story short, after that I met up with and joined the Rebellion. I'm a decent pilot, considered going the starfighter route, but my tech skills made me a little more valuable for small cell work. So here I am. Met up with JTS's droid in my adventures along the way and he stuck.

Oh and, woo hoo ship!

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I tend to get stuck, yes.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I support this endeavor.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Can you send me those sheets too, Dajuan? That sounds like prime material for my GM's folder.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    What kind of ship is it?

17. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Ask Dave, I can't remember but I do have the numbers. It's an old WEG ship, but not a YT.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    What's your email address KG?

19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    A sea turtle? Really?

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Let's name her Kemp's Ridley.

23. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    On my profile, Dajuan.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Excel sheets finally sent.

25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Thanks Dajuan, and don't you guys have some backstory work to do? The game is not going start until after I get back to Tasmania, which will not be until after the 4th/5th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.