main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    1d20=19 for leaving the field.

Just have to navigate this last little bit and we're ready for our jump.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    You blast clear of the asteroid field and leave Navoius VII and Crombach Nebula well behind you. Fortunately, there are no surprises waiting for you at the edge to the asteroid belt.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/Rebellion/Ghtroc.jpg]

(Well, that was rather easy. [face_plain]
    Now to jump, it's a Use Computer Check +5 as you have a navicomputer.
    For the random jumps, just have Use Computer. For the jump to Imperial Centre adds 1d6x2 (x2 is hyperspace multiplier) as well for the ETA.
    After the jump, you'll have a minimum of two days there, it would be a good time to share information, roll Knowledge checks and plan maybe...
    Just remember, every 24 hours you need to eat a few times, sleep for 8 hours and use the refresher (actually don't worry about the last part ;))
    I'll be coming in to end hyperspace when I think it's about right, and for any checks or information.
    Let's hope this does not take too long.)

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Hirry attempts to program the astrogation jump direct to Imperial Center. Chances are with a location that busy, trying to track down a single ship's point of origin should be nearly impossible. Just to be on the safe side, he tries to plot a location several hours out of the main traffic hub so that they can come into IC's sensor radius using sublight. It may take longer, but safer.I rolled 11, +5 for the navicomp, plus whatever my modifiers are.
    Someone doublecheck my math here, just to make sure I haven't run us though a supernova. If it looks good, punch it.
    Hirry gets out of the systems operation chair so someone else can check his work. He moves back to the couches outside the flight deck. "Nothing personal, but looking at starlines and hyperspace clouds gives me a headache."

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Four days to Imperial Center. Anyone bring a deck of Sabaac cards? Holovids? Djerric?

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry stirs, remembering countless missions have gone bad by lack of leadership, or lack of leaders listening to his better judgement. Now he's in that role. Well, sort of.
    "Anyone not doing something vital, I suggest you join me in the lounge to review all of the information in detail from the briefing." He waits 10 minutes before activating the first disc and studying the prison they're supposed to break into and out from. "At least it isn't Lussyanka."

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll set the navi computer to alert me when we're about to jump out then join Hirry in the Lounge. Daj does as she said, stretches and moves out of the cockpit. She grabs a quick snack on the way to the lounge.

8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not sure what I need to do here, but don't we need to turn the transponder on at some point?

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Sharing information and throwing around ideas about how you're going to carry out your mission. If anyone says the word about the datacards, I'll throw in the stuff Leia gave you about Vaynar, Cerulea and the prison.)

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Sorry, I said disk when I meant datacard.

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry loads the datacards sent by princess leia into the holoprojector

12. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Just wondering, doesn't this thread seem to meet the qualifications for the SWRPF?

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    (We're doing an RPF based off of the Saga Edition Star Wars books. I think the RPG forum is looser based and not necessarily book based. Plus I'm the boss and said it was perfectly fine to do an RPG here :p )

14. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
  15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (We're playing a real game, not free-form RPG.
    Sorry, guys, I have had problems with the Net (was not on at all yesterday) and this is the second time I have written this post. You can find me on Twitter under the same name, Katana_Geldar, if you're wondering if I can get on or not.
    So, without any further ado...)

The datacards contain the following information:

Cerulea

There's a picture of the planet Cerulea, it is a blue-green planet with three moons and a green ring surrounding it.

Cerulea is a Mid-Rim world located in the , it is the only planet habitable in the system of the same name. It it home to three sentient species, Humans, Cayr and Qava.
    There are three main cities on Cerulea: the capital Caerleon, Cayrulea and the underwater city Eyah Deva.
    The planet is a significant source of fuel and minerals in the sector, which is mined from the moon and the planet's rings. Yet the operations are controlled by the Cerulean Council, not the Empire, though they have a exclusivity contract that was formed around the same time as a treaty was brokered between Governor Rugar Tancred and the newly elected Queen Varina around the time of the end of the Clone Wars.
    Humans are relatively newcomers to Cerulea, emigrating there around the time of the Civil War and it was them who managed to resolve the peace between the Cayr and Qava species. Cayr did, and still in many rights, saw themselves as the true leaders of Cerulea and saw Qava subservient to them. Qava see their role as to continue to keep the peace with the Cayr and live quite seperately from the Cayr and humans, yet they are much more numerous than both Humans and Cayr on Cerulea.
    Varina, the Queen of Cerulea, was elected to her position by the Cerulean Council, though the real power is in the hands of Governor Tancred whom she is married to. The Cerulean Council is made up of Cayr and humans, yet the Qava very much govern themselves in Eyah Deva.
    Nevertheless, the indentured workers who mine and process the fuel and minerals are laregly made up of Qava.

Cayr
    Cayr have green skin and odly twisted faces, they dwell in the cities as well as the small town in the mountains of Cerulea. They see public service as a way to forward their own benefits.

Qava
    Have blue skin and are semi-amphibious. Live mostly in the city of Eyah Deva, at the bottom of Lake Vaera south east of Caeleon.

Vaynar
    A Qava, Vaynar is the son of Yevanin, the leader of the Qava Council of Elders but has been estranged form the main body of his people for about two decades. He was involved with Varina, a few Jedi and some others in the liberation of Cerulea from the Seperatists in the Clone Wars, a move that was not condoned by his mother who chose to exile him. For many years after, he was involved with a number of other exiled Qava.
    He left Cerulea some months ago, perhaps there was some estrangement with Varina but details are unclear, and was arrested shortly after. He is currently imprisoned on Imperial Centre pending trial.
    Despite thois, Varina feels that Vaynar would be a strong rallying point for Cerulea to join the Rebellion.

Where Vaynar is imprisoned

There is not much here except for a set of coordinates for where the prison is located on Imperial Centre.

(If you want to know more guys, you can make relevant Knowledge check on lore and the like. And there are a few people who have info to bring forward...;))

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Typical Imperial Justice--Imprissoned without a record of the crime he supposedly committed. Getting him out is going to be work. Does anyone know anything about Imperial Center's geography or cartography? Any ideas what these coordiates belong to?"

17. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    *passes Aragorn a note*

18. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    OOC: Also sorry for not as much net time as of late...work's been fairly busy, but I'm doing my best to make this thread a priority. Hopefully I won't be too late on responding.

IC:
    Marcus cleared his throat. "I've been to Imperial Center a few times, but never for more than a week or two. Easy enough to blend in for me...I picked up the Coruscanti accent from contacts and friends in the upper crust there." He stared blankly at the screen with the briefing information for a moment."I think I've heard of the facility. One of my instructors in medical..." he trailed off, frowning, trying to remember details from a few past conversations.

"I don't remember the official name of the place, but Dr. Tarald said the staffers called it the "Rest Haven." Political radicals and dissidents are "retired" there for rehabilitation. The pacification protocols there kept most of the patien...er, prisoners, highly medicated at all times. They're drugged to a point some lose their minds. No physical torture, at least with the warden at the time, but the mental pressures aren't...pleasant."

Gesturing to the information on Vaynar, he said, "For his sake and ours, I hope he hasn't been there long. There's a chance Qavaian physiology might make him resistant to the psychotropics, though..."

Marcus paused again, trying to remember anything he could that might help them tactically. Not much was coming to mind, unfortunately. "Nothing spectacular in size, but it's got teeth. Tarald had a relatively high security clearance for an anesthesiologist, but he said he was surprised at some of the security tech they had in place." He shrugged. "That's all I've got though, but the man who told me's information was a little dated when he told me and that was a few years ago. I'm guessing we'll need to identify and question someone currently working there for better intel," the doctor suggested.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    (Assuming we have the info box in front of us Daj comments on a holo contained in it)

Tapping the holo This was taken at a Tapcafe, the Seventh Star over on Vos Gesal St. I think that might be a good place to start our journey on Courscant. Someone's seeking a meeting with us there. While it could be a trap and we should be cautious, we should still go.

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, that sounds like a good place for us to start when we arrive. We can survey the TapCaf, and then from inside we can look at the institution. Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to trail one of the employees from the TapCaf to a private location to have a little chat about security codes and gain a little leverage. He may have to call in sick for a couple days afterward.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (If that's everything we can move onto the four days you guys are in hyperspace. Just a quick outline of what your character's doing and then the revert.)

23. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry reviews the maps and files of the immediate area around the prison site and the tapcaf that are in the databank. Even if they are years old, some knowledge of the lay of the land is better than none. He checks to see if there are hostels, hotels, and traveler's dives in the area, looking for potential safe houses and places to take people for interrogation.
    "Well, Doc, do you know of anyplace I might have missed? The more options we have, the better chance we have of making this work."
    Pre-arranged safehouses/meeting places are labled 1-6 so that they can be called out in crouded areas if need be.
    Hirry also makes sure everyone has 4 commlink frequencies preset into their commlinks for pretty much the same reason.

Aside from this, Hirry is pretty much ready to go.

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    The four days in hyperspace pass relatively uneventfully, you don't make any unexpected reversions though the ship does seem rather small at the end of the first day.

(I'll revert tomorrow guys, we need to get this party moving and I'll try and drum up an encounter for you guys soon)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.