main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Third Meeting Part 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Abilene, TX' started by strwrshrln, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strwrshrln

strwrshrln Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    How about this weekend for a third meeting? I have to wrk Saturday bit could make the coffee house after work (around 9:30) if anyone wants to meet. We need to get another meeting in before the Christmas rush hits and we are all swamped with stuff going on.

Harlan

2. Yoda525907

Yoda525907 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    As I've said many times, I'm up for that. Hopefully we can get it together this time. And I also think that we should start planning for the future. Like the opening of the the LOTR: The Two Towers. I'm sure that we'll all want to got to that. And if we all can't make the opening we have plenty of time to adjust. But I'm all for a meeting real soon though. Just need to make sure that the details are posted here and we need to get some definite answers as to who all can make it and who can't. But I'll be there. Can't wait to meet the rest of you. Dave.

3. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    I work Saturday night until 10:30p, so I won't be there till close to 11p.

I'm off at 7p on Sunday, tho...

If you guys want to push back the meeting till closer to 10 on Sat, or maybe Sun evening, I should be able to make those.

4. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Ok people are going to do this Sat. or shall we wait until Sun.? Might want to confirm this now so that we have a little bit of time to get ready for it. I'm free for whichever day so what ever is decided I need to know. Be sure to post on here whatever decision is made. But if anyone wants to talk to me off of the boards you are more than welcome to E-mail me at yoda525907@aol.com or even swfan52@hotmail.com I'll answer to either one. Anyway as I said let me know of any decision that is made. I'd love to become an offical part of this group. See ya'll this weekend (I hope).
    Dave.

5. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, Abilene FanForce! I know it's going to be hard to schedule events during the holiday season, but this meeting needs to be announced (time, place, scheduled events, etc.) at least a week ahead of time so it can get posted on the main FF site and count as a third "official" meeting.

If you want to use this weekend to get together and have an informal planning meeting, that would be great! For those interested in running the "behind the scenes" type stuff, you may want to decide on a division of labor that works well for the group (i.e. one person coordinate events, one person communicate them, one person be the CR "face" of the group, etc.).

How about doing an event for LOTR:TTT next month? That's going to be a big event, and should give everyone plenty of time to circle wagons and agree on a time to meet/activities to do that weekend.

As always, please contact me with any questions.

Have a great weekend!
    Brian

6. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    I guess we need to postpone meeting tonight since most of us cannot make it or have not replied about coming. I will talk to Spector today at the mall and find out when he might be available in the next week or so. For the new folks I work part time at Rick's Collectibles in the mall if you are out that way stop in and say hi.

Harlan

7. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I am ready to go and I think that we should still meet this weekend even if it's not offical, if only to get our ideas together. I know that I wasn't here for the begining. But considering how many meetings ya'll have done so far and the process that I've seen so far of trying to get these things together, I just think that there is more that can be done than just posting on here. I'd be happy to set up another E-mail account just devoted to dealing with Abilene Fan Force. To send out, and recieve applications to join and to set up a kind of newsletter to inform others of the meetings so that we know that they get it and not just post on here. Don't get me wrong these forums are great and I've really enjoyed talking to all of you, but I just think that Abilene deserves it's own Fan Force, and I'm ready to get it kicked off. I know that there are a lot more people in Abilene that would be interested in joining than just the handful that I've seen in this forum. Ok, sorry about that I just got on a rant there for a while but I'm ok now. Anyway I'm offering my services to the Abilene Fan Force cause. Let me know what ya'll think about it. Thanks ,Dave.

8. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    I could still meet tonight after work, around 9:30 or so. We have been meeting at the coffe shop on South 7th and Leggett, Mezzamiz is the name not sure of the spelling. Another guy who has met a few times just got hired at the place in the mall I work and I think he works tonight. I will try and get him to come tonight as well. I will not be wearing aby Star Wars shirts since I will be getting of work but I will be wearing a black Grainger Racing hat.

Harlan

9. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I'll be there. The only Star Wars clothes that I have that I can actaully wear is my Star Wars Celebration hat(black as well). But I'll be there and I'll try to bring a friend from work who is also interested joining up. Dave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.