main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "If You Seek His Monument, Look Around You" - The Man of Steel and Announced Sequel Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    I think the big "S" desorves to have a son, or 500 if he wants(over exaserating). Lets face it earned it more then anyone and he also deserves a legacy. Granted the kid/s have alot expected of them. Also Louis isn't a super hero and she also desserves a family.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
  3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    More than likely Bloom was just having lunch with Bosworth, Peters and Singer. If he were to have a role, I don't see it as a new love interest. Either Metallo or Brainiac. Or someone else all together.

4. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Better to have Orlando Bloom than Paris Hilton. [face_plain]

5. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Actually, in that picture, he kind of looks like Zod in the face. With a little make-up and graying of some hair to make him look older, then, who knows?

6. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Eliminating Richard White from the picture would damage the upcoming films. Lois doesn't need a new love interest, especially with Richard sticking around and Superman being present. If Bloom has a role, then it's as a villain.

7. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
  8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Bumping this thread up, so that we talk about this film and not occupy Returns.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5954

Castro Street to Hold Up Superman Sequel?
    Source: Rotten Tomatoes July 2, 2007

Rotten Tomatoes reports that Bryan Singer will likely direct The Mayor of Castro Street after Valkyrie, which would push back the Superman Returns sequel:

"Bryan Singer had previously told us that the "Superman Returns" sequel "Superman: The Man of Steel" would be his next film after "Valkyrie." His producers tell another story. Neil Meron and Craig Zadan have Singer lined up to direct "The Mayor of Castro Street," a story of gay rights activist Harvey Milk, within a year.

"The next Superman, that's a ways off," claimed Meron, with Zadan adding. "Don't worry about it. Trust me. We may even start preproduction on Harvey Milk while he's on post production on the Tom Cruise movie."

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks for bumping it, sinister, though I wish you hadn't posted that article with the bump :p

I'll repeat... I'm waiting for someone who's actually involved in the sequel to comment rather than wishful thinkers who are involved in a competing film ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    IESB.net is now reporting here that the rumours about the Mayor of Castro Street film coming before MOS for Singer was false. Or, as their insider put it, horse **** :p

Doesn't surprise me. As I've been saying, of course the producers of other films *want* their films to be first and to drum up interest. But the latest word from Singer is still that he wants production to start in 2008. We'll see.

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Singer took "Valkyire" because there was ample space between now and when he's slated to start shooting "Man Of Steel". There wouldn't be time to do "Mayor Of Castro Street" unless the script for MOS was delayed.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, and the fact that a lot of the producers and such involved in MOS are with him is good. They can do both.

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Spacey set for 'Superman' sequel.

Variety reports that Kevin Spacey will indeed return in the role of Lex Luthor for the next Superman movie, which Bryan Singer is about to pitch to Warner Bros., with Michael Dougherty (and presumably Dan Harris) currently sitting down to write the screenplay...

"Superman" director Bryan Singer met with Spacey in New York while the latter was appearing on Broadway in Eugene O'Neill's recently wrapped "Moon for the Misbegotten." Singer was about to pitch his "Man of Steel" sequel to Warner Bros.; "Superman Returns" scripter Michael Dougherty is now writing the screenplay. Spacey hopes to shoot his Luthor role in a six-week block, as he did on "Superman Returns," after he completes his run in David Mamet's "Speed the Plow" in April.

14. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I wonder should Lex Luthor even be in the next movie? I know hes like the main Superman villain, but isn't it time to use other characters. They should keep him out of this one, then bring him back for the third, have him go underground while he works out another scheme. I just hope Parker Posey isn't returning as well.

15. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I think Lex should be in every film. Even if he's not the main villain I like having him lurking in the background pulling strings.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yep. Lex has been a regular in the Superman books since the 1986 relaunch. With only three times he's been absent and generally not for a long stretch. The longest was the one year from May 1994 to June 1995, when Roger Stern left Action Comics. DC had decided that save him for Stern's return, since he had done the most with him. And when Stern launched The Man Of Tomorrow, Lex was back. So having Lex in the next film is a no brainer and I think even Donner, had he done the third film, would've had Lex in it.

17. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    I think Luthor ought 2 B a supporting character, to make room 4 Brainiac, and include Supergirl in the line-up. As for the rest,who really cares?

18. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    If they were using the interesting genius Lex Luthor from the comics and cartoons or Smallville I'd have him in every movie too, but this version with his glorified real estate schemes, hes had his chance, time to put someone else in the spotlight or at least revamp Luthor to make him more menacing.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Superman: "Is that how a warped brain like yours gets its kicks? By planning the death of innocent people?"

Lex Luthor: "No, by causing the death of innocent people."

Lois Lane: "But millions of people will die!"

Lex Luthor: "Billions! Once again, the press underestimates me."

You cannot tell me that isn't menacing. That's cold blooded.

20. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    He has his moments, but compared to other versions he comes off as second rate. I just don't think they are using him to his full potential. Getting some half decent henchmen wouldn't hurt to make him look more competent.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    He had four ex-convicts, one of whom was an expert in the studying and handling of crystals, which worked for using the Sunstone crystals. Lex's goon squad here was far more impressive than Otis and Lenny. They may not be Mercy Graves and Hope or Sydney Harpersen, but they got the job done.

22. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    At the very least he's got a guy who knows where to get some good burgers:p

23. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    They may have got the job done, but they're not exactly the coolest henchmen to put on screen, just a generic criminal gang who could be from any movie. A bunch of guys he hung around with in prison don't make for interesting villains. There wasn't one there who was cool or interesting. If you're going to use excons make them mercenaries or exsoldiers something cool, the sort of guys Luthor would want watching his back.
    And the real Lex Luthor wouldn't have needed anyones help with the crystals he could have done that himself. :)

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Henchmen are common thugs. Hence the term henchmen. Lex's goon squad was never meant to be impressive or interesting. They were there to serve Lex and get their cut of the profits. That is the definition of henchmen.

Which Lex Luthor? From 1986 through 2003, the Lex Luthor there needed scientific help in the form of Dr. Teng and Syndey Harpersen. As well as Cark Packard and Dabny Donovan. Plus the entire Lexcorp staff. The early Golden Age Luthor had others to do his dirty work, despite his scientific genius. The Silver Age Lex often had to rely on Brainiac, despite being a child genius. Same with the post "Birthright" Lex. Hell, he had to rely on someone else to figure out how to start the Everyman Project.

There is no real Lex, there is only the one in use at the moment.

25. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    You've got to be kidding me. Parker Posey as Kitty was fantastic.