main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: This Time Around
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Timeframes: 32 ABY (post-NJO), 18.85 BBY (RotS)
    Genre: Action/Adventure, supernatural, drama, humour, angst, Sith philosophy
    Keywords: Time travel
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Darth Sidious/Palpatine, Darth Krayt, Bail Organa, Tallisibeth ?Scout? Enwandung-Esterhazy, Whie Malreaux, OCs and many more

Summary: After a disastrous investigation to Mustafar ends in tragedy, Jaina Solo becomes the only hope of saving the Galaxy from the hands of evil. She and Kyp Durron must travel back in time to prevent Anakin Skywalker from falling to the Dark side. If they fail, the Galaxy will suffer terribly. But how can Jaina save a man she doesn't know? How can Anakin trust a woman whose past is shrouded in mystery? To make matters worse, there?s something else stirring in the dark, waiting for the right moment to strike...

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars ? it belongs to George Lucas. This is merely a piece of fanfiction, nothing more. Also, certain scenes and dialogue recall scenes from the novelization of Revenge of the Sith ? so credit to the wonderful Matthew Stover.

Notes: Many thanks to DarthIshtar and NYCitygurl for their excellent betaing skills and encouragement. Thank you so much! [:D]

As This Time Around is becoming a very large, very long fic, I thought it might be useful to have all the chapters in one place without comments between them in case anyone wants to attempt a marathon read without digging through all the comments. :p The story is posted here, completely up-to-date with the story in the thread.

Because it's fun to keep track of where I am and how much time I have wasted being a crazy Star Wars fan with an out-of-control Muse...

4/20 2008: With Chapter 26, this story went past the 100,000 word mark. I made the following icon, because I was really bored and found it amusing. :p

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/SW100000.jpg]

9/26 2008: With Chapter 43, this story has passed the 200,000 word mark and is still growing. I'm not sure if I should be scared or not, because this is only around half-way. [face_plain] :p

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/SW200000.jpg]

Celebrate? :confused:

[face_dancing]

2008 Saga Fanfic Awards
    Winner -- Best Non-Human (Grevious) and Best Ensemble Cast

[b]PM List[/b]

Anduli_Vader, blurt, canadianjedimama, Darth-Semians, Darth_Drachonus, Darth_Intangable, Darth_Nellie, DarthVaderette, Diamond_Revelation, EGKenobi, Force_Chick, G__Anakin, GeneralKenobi7, Golden_Jedi, Icecruncher_Amidala, Iverna, Jaina_Solo_Goddess, Jainasolo101, Jaira, Jedi_QueenBee, jedikatie26, JediMasterRev, JediNat, JediXManSerenaKenobi, Lady_Misty, Lanta, LittleMissNightsaber, LordPullus, MarasFire, NYCitygurl, ratna, RK_Striker_JK_5, sdhfs, star_writer24, Talon_Kenobi, The_Slilent_One, tjdavis1138, Ultima_1

If you would like to be taken off the PM list at any time, PM me to let me know! :)

[hr]

[i]And without further ado...[/i]

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    PREFACE

In a long-forgotten glade, a single flower blooms. From afar, it looks to be a small, delicate thing, its petals easily crushed by a mislaid footstep. Yet, it is far from unprotected. Guarded by a sea of thorns, it grows steadily upwards, searching for the sunlight that will sustain its deep red beauty. But the forest around it is so dense, so thick that it will never feel its soft, healing power.

Worlds away, a Star Dragon sleeps, his deep red scales shimmering in the moonlight. The Galaxy has been brutally shaken by a power far beyond the understanding of any sentient being. Sacred knowledge has been desecrated. The Duinuogwuin waits in eternal slumber for the universe to heal itself.

Another place. Another time.

A woman waits.

She had never known that it would come to this. She would never have guessed that her life would have taken this course. After all, who would have believed that the concept of time travel was a reality? She certainly had not, until it had been forced upon her.

She had never chosen to travel through time. That was the truth of it. She had been ordered, and she had obeyed. For the good of the Galaxy, she had obeyed. Her love for her duty, her love for the Force and her love for her family had inspired her to take her chosen course. At the time, it had seemed as though she had made a conscious decision.

Upon reflection, she realizes she never had any choice to begin with. Every action she took, every decision she made had been contrived, and she never knew it.

Until now.

She stands alone, facing the dark abyss before her. She cannot change the past. Time may be altered, events erased, but there must always be an eliminator. She had been an eliminator once. And she had paid the price.

As they all had. Every last one of them, from her friends and comrades, to their enemies and rivals.

Where did they go from here?

A long, long time ago.

A man waits, but there is nothing to wait for. He knows this, but still he cannot stop waiting. For every decision made in life, there is a consequence. He has paid dearly for his.

Had it been a mistake, his journey? He had gained so much, but he had lost more than he could ever possibly imagine.

If anything, one lesson had been taught. One rule had been made.

Never play with the power of time.

The dragon slumbers, undisturbed. The flower searches for the sunlight, but the shadows cast by the trees are too strong. And so, the flower wilts. The dragon waits.

Such is the passage of time.

I'm restarting the PM list as well, so just let me know if you want to be on it! :)

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I would like to be on it!

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks for the PM, Idrelle. :D I love the trailer and prologue. Sends shivers down my spine! Cab't wait for more, either.

5. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Looks great. I can't wait for more. Sign me up!

6. Beta-Commando

Beta-Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    Ooh, I like it very much! =D= Put me on the list, please!

7. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    if we are on the orignal pm list than are on the list for the second versin of the fic.

if not can you put me on the pm list.

8. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Permission to remain on board!:D

9. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Hey! I was very surprised to see that you are re-doing your story. I had to redue mine because I was cringing at the contents of some of the post as well. Put me on board with the PM's whenever you are able, thanks.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

10. WiseOldYoda

WiseOldYoda Jedi Master

Feb 13, 2006
    Please add me to the PM list. I just found this fic the other day...I'll be interested in reading the rewrite!

11. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    No one should ever have been allowed to play with time.

What an opener!! Please PM me when you update.

And, is the teaser coming out on YouTube? If so, please send me a link!!

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Author Replies

G__Anakin: You?re on! :p Glad you?re still reading!

RK_Striker_JK_5: I love the trailer and prologue. Sends shivers down my spine!

Is that a good thing or bad thing? [face_worried]

[face_batting]

Cab't wait for more, either.

Yay! :D

TigerofRobare: Looks great. I can't wait for more. Sign me up!

Thanks! :)

Beta-Commando: Ooh, I like it very much!

Thanks! :D Hope you stick around!

Put me on the list, please!

Sure thing!

jedikatie26: if we are on the orignal pm list than are on the list for the second versin of the fic.

I decided that it would be better to clean up my PM list a bit and start fresh. :) But don?t worry ? as long as you ask to be on it, you?re on. :D

if not can you put me on the pm list.

Sure thing!

AP4EVER: Permission to remain on board!

Permission granted! ;)

Darth-Semians: Hey! I was very surprised to see that you are re-doing your story. I had to redue mine because I was cringing at the contents of some of the post as well.

Glad that I?m not the only one. :p Another reason was that I had to change a character a bit because of information I recently uncovered/ recently was released. If I didn?t change it, then you would all be really confused when we get to the end of this fic. 8-} And also, as I?ve mentioned before, it?s really the narrative that I?m fixing up a bit. The plot remains the same.

Put me on board with the PM's whenever you are able, thanks.

Of course! :)

WiseOldYoda: Please add me to the PM list. I just found this fic the other day...I'll be interested in reading the rewrite!

Thanks for reading! :D

ratna: What an opener!! Please PM me when you update.

Thanks! :) Glad you liked it; I love that preface! I had fun with it.

And, is the teaser coming out on YouTube? If so, please send me a link!!

LOL ? no, I?m not that talented with video cameras and video clips. I just have fun writing scripts. I leave it up to the readers to imagine what?s going on on the screen. ;)

Because the preface was so short, I?ll be updating this with Chapter One today. :)

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER I
    Mustafar

Jaina Solo?s X-Wing rocked viciously as it exited hyperspace. She glanced around the cockpit?s window, and saw her fellow ships follow. Nearby, the Millennium Falcon circled. Jaina gritted her teeth. Never before had she had a mission like this. Someone with a strong Force-signature inhabited the planet below and she had a strong sense of apprehension about the place. There was someone down there that should probably be left alone, but they ? being typical Jedi ? were going to confront it anyway.

It had been two years since the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war. For two years there had been relative peace in the Galaxy; relative peace because more often than not it was marred by warring factions disputing over what remained on planets destroyed or maimed by the Vong invasion. Up until now, Jaina?s missions had been concentrating on sorting out various incidents and stopping various greedy warlords from decimating entire regions.

Now, something of interest had arrived; it was new and different. She had joined the mission to confront the person partially out of curiosity and partially out of disgust and fear. Already several of her uncle?s students had been sent to fiery Mustafar and none of them had returned from their assignments. No one knew what happened to them as they had disappeared without a trace.

Uncle Luke wasn?t fond of mysterious disappearances. He was determined to find out what was happening on the small, volcano-covered planet. Unfortunately, there hadn?t been many Jedi available for the task force as many were already on assignments. Jaina and her brother had volunteered at once and their parents had joined them as well. Before the Skywalker-Solo family had left, they had also received two more volunteers ? Kyp Durron and Corran Horn, who both obviously missed the ?good old days? before the Vong war that had been filled with missions like this one.

Jaina couldn?t help but feel slightly edgy about the mission; there was a sense at the back of her mind that was flashing ?alert?. She decided that it had good reason ? Jedi, especially experienced ones, generally did not disappear off the face of any planet.

Perfectly in time with her fellows, Jaina steered her craft towards Mustafar?s smoky atmosphere. All the while, the presence was throbbing through the Force like a rescue signal. It wouldn?t be hard to find this person.

Jaina frowned when she saw the surface of the planet. Bubbling lava flowed down the sides of the volcanoes, consuming everything in its path. How anyone could live here, she didn?t know. Finding somewhere safe to land would be nearly impossible.

She reached out with the Force and connected with her twin. Though Jacen wasn?t fond of the idea of this particular mission, he had agreed to go with her merely because he ? like Jaina ? was curious to see who this person was. His reassurance flowed through the Force and embraced her, making her feel more confident as they swooped towards the planet.

?Everyone, I think I?ve found a landing platform!? Kyp Durron?s voice crackled through the intercom.

Jaina veered to the left, swinging by a volcano that chose to erupt as soon as she had passed it, nearly spraying her X-Wing with flying fragments of lava and rock. She leaned forwards and saw the metal platform sitting on a rocky island that hadn?t yet been swallowed by molten lava. A large, sturdily built metal fortress towered over the island. She frowned as she swooped towards the cracked platform.

?Durron, that thing is tiny, how are we going to get six X-Wings plus the Falcon on a piece of junk like that?? she demanded.

?She has a point, Kyp,? Jacen commented.

?There might be another platform around the other side of the fortress,? Leia Organa Solo suggested through the comm. ?We can check for you.?

The Falcon swerved around the island and out of sight.

?I?m going to follow,? Corran Horn?s voice said as Jaina flew slowly towards the platform. ?There definitel

14. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Woohoo! Bring on Papa Palpatine!

15. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    palpatine? or anakin?

just have to wait for your next post!!

thanks for the PM!

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love it!! Your beloved preface is wonderful and spooky, and the first chapter was set up wonderfully.

Please put me on the PM list!!!

17. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Add me to the new Pm list! I will warn you though, I would like to get some J/K action here![face_laugh]

18. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Can you add me to the new PM list. I can't wait to see the rest of the repost!

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Author Replies

TigerofRobare: Woohoo! Bring on Papa Palpatine!

[face_laugh]

Who says it?s Palpatine this time? o_O [face_mischief]

ratna: palpatine? or anakin?

And no peeking at the old thread! :p

just have to wait for your next post!!

Which I?m barely containing myself from posting? must wait a little while longer? or I could just update 19 chapters all at once. 8-}

thanks for the PM!

You?re welcome! :)

NYCitygurl: I love it!!

Thanks, Nat! [:D]

Your beloved preface is wonderful and spooky, and the first chapter was set up wonderfully.

Thank you! :D

I like spooky. ;)

Please put me on the PM list!!!

Sure thing!

obsessedwithSW: Add me to the new Pm list!

Absolutely! :)

I will warn you though, I would like to get some J/K action here!

Oh? o_O

But that doesn?t tell you what the circustances are! Or how Jaina is going to react! [face_mischief]

Diamond_Revelation: Can you add me to the new PM list.

Absolutely! :)

I can't wait to see the rest of the repost!

I hope you enjoy it! :D

20. piratedreamer

piratedreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2006
    This looks interesting. I'm in!
    Add me to the PM list?[face_batting]

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Very suspenseful here, Idrelle. Mustafar... Luke, you've technically been here. ;)

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wait, Pm for me as well, please!

KYP: Shh? it?s all right. Anakin?s going to get him in the end; then we can go home. Everything will be all right. I promise.

He leans over and kisses her.

Wohooo! [face_dancing] :* Thanks so much! I love K/J! :D

ANAKIN: What?!

PADMÉ: Anakin, how many times are you going to say the word ?what? in one conversation?

[face_laugh] Rofl! This line is hilarious! :D

And wow, the Preface is awesome!!! :eek: [face_love] I love it! =D=

More soon? [face_batting]

23. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hi Idrelle! Love the revised version. :) The prologue was so spooky and wonderful, and the first chapter ended with quite a cliffie.

Could you add me to the PM list? Thanks in advance!

CrazyAni

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Author Replies

piratedreamer: This looks interesting. I'm in!
    Add me to the PM list?

Thanks! :D And, of course I'll add you!

RK_Striker_JK_5: Very suspenseful here, Idrelle. Mustafar... Luke, you've technically been here.

[face_laugh]

LOL... true, true. And Leia too. ;)

Chilla: Wait, Pm for me as well, please!

Of course! :)

Wohooo! dancing kiss Thanks so much! I love K/J! grin

[face_laugh]

You just have to wait. ;)

laugh Rofl! This line is hilarious! grin

Glad you're enjoying the trailer. :p

And wow, the Preface is awesome!!! shock love I love it! applause

Thanks! I'm quite proud of that preface. :p

More soon?

Yep, actually. :D

CrazyAni: Love the revised version.

Thanks! :)

The prologue was so spooky and wonderful, and the first chapter ended with quite a cliffie.

Well, you know me. I like spooky and I like cliffhangers. ;)

Could you add me to the PM list? Thanks in advance!

Of course! :D

Little treat for you all. Last night, out of sheer boredom and the wish to experiment with Windows Movie Maker, I made a trailer. You can laugh at it's terribleness if you want. ;)

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjShSKn4nQ8]Trailer[/link]

[face_batting]

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER II
    Darth Sidious

Mara stepped back and gripped Luke?s wrist. Her face was contorted with disgust.

?I know your voice,? Mara hissed, her eyes flashing. ?It?s changed a little, but it?s the same voice that invaded my mind and haunted my dreams for years after the destruction of the Death Star. Emperor Palpatine.?

Jaina opened her mouth in shock. It couldn?t be? it was impossible! But Mara couldn?t possibly be mistaken; she had known Palpatine for years, far too many years to be able to mistake someone else for him.

But how could he be here? He had died, everyone knew that. Uncle Luke had witnessed Darth Vader throwing the Emperor down the elevator shaft on the second Death Star. Jaina glanced wildly around at her companions, searching for an answer from them.

The rest of the team seemed to be in shock. Kyp was looking from Mara to the cloaked man and back again, stunned. Jacen was staring incredulously at him. Han had blinked in surprise at the name, but kept his blaster steady. Leia glared coldly at the man.

?A clone, perhaps?? she murmured.

Luke glanced at her. ?Maybe. It is possible.?

?No,? Mara muttered. Her eyes had hardened and her face was flushed with anger. ?There would be the slightest of differences between a clone and the real man, but still I would know. This has to be him. I know this is him.?

Jaina bit her lip, horror rushing through her. But? even if what Mara said was true, it was impossible for Palpatine ? Emperor Palpatine ? to be here. No matter how convinced Mara was, there had to be some kind of trick. She stood up from her spot by the table and took a step towards Palpatine, gripping her lightsaber tightly in one hand.

?You can?t be Palpatine,? she growled, her eyes burning. ?He?s dead, he died on the Death Star.?

The cloaked man laughed. ?You silly girl,? he growled. ?I am indestructible. I can never die.?

?How did you survive?? Mara snarled. ?Vader killed you. I felt your presence die.?

Palpatine laughed icily. ?What you felt, Mara Jade, was me merely slipping into time. You see, unlike anyone else, I know how to manipulate time.?

?And you expect us to believe you?? Leia interrupted coldly. ?You?ve cloned yourself before ? how do we know that this is not another trick??

Palpatine laughed softly. ?Always so quick to dismiss what you think is impossible,? he hissed.

?Leia,? Luke murmured quietly, ?Mara?s right. Something tells me that this is not a clone. Remember that I met the Emperor?? His voice trailed away and he fixed Palpatine with a hard stare. ?So when my father threw you down the shaft, you merely slipped into either the past or the future and escaped death?? Luke asked, raising his voice.

?Exactly, young Skywalker,? Palpatine hissed.

?But your own Force-lightning should have killed you,? Mara interjected as Luke shot a deadly glare at his old arch-nemesis.

Palpatine laughed ? a hard, cruel laugh. ?Hardly. It killed your? husband?s father.?

Mara froze. ?How did you know?? she gasped.

?I know everything, Jade,? Palpatine told her in a low hiss. ?Past, present and future.?

There was a long silence.

?You?re insane,? Jaina muttered, her eyes flashing. ?Sithspit, you?re insane! Time travel, indeed. It doesn?t exist, no one can manipulate the Force that way, no one. You?re just some? some bloody stupid idiot who?s gone and puffed him up so much that he thinks he?s Palpatine!?

The Sith Lord hissed and raised a hand. ?You think you?re smart, Jaina Solo,? he murmured, ?but, of course, once again your little mind has manipulated the facts into lies.?

Jaina glared, her hands clenched into fists.

Blue waves of Force-lightning shot out from Palpatine?s hand, streaking towards her.

?JAINA!? Jacen yelled.

But Luke was already there, his lightsaber activated, shoving the glowing emerald blade between his niece and the deadly currents of electricity. The lightsaber caught the blue waves and sent them flying back t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.