main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ticket Prices - Questions and Discussions

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DarthNightfire, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Yeah, the same for me, I have became a member as well just for the C4 tickets ;)

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    I never joined HS and i never will. Its a principle never to pay to join something on the net. Plus i never go on the star wars site anyway, i get all i need from here.

Even if we do get an extra day, i cant really go anyway. I have school the week of CE and i may even have exams, so taking one day off is ok, but 2 would be pushing it. The last thing i want is to come back from CE to a cold reception from my school. Especially if i miss an exam.

3. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Well it's going to be 110 US dollars for Celebration 4 in Los Angeles, so it seems logical that it would be around the same cost. :)

As they just announced the celebration 4 tickets, hopefully they'll announce the CE tickets in about two months.

I wonder how many Americans on the east coast will be going to London for this convention instead of Los Angeles... :)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think you will see quite a few in LA. Right now the dollar is around 1.88 to the pound, making it quite expensive for US visitors here. (Makes it great for us ordering stuff in dollars, though!). If the rate stays around the same into next year it might put some US folks off coming here due to the cost.

5. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    oh I hear that. Last time I was in London it was nearly impossible to survive on less than 100 USD per day. And I'm a very inexpensive traveller!

6. DarthNightfire

DarthNightfire Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Yeah, if you compare that to America, you have about $55

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    That's about £75 per day, what were you doing each day? If you consider you'll be in the convention each day (let's exclude spending on merchandise every day) - you may have travel to get to the con, breakfast, lunch, evening meal (all for one person) shouldn't come to that high. Breakfast in some hotels is part of the deal, in most other places goes to about £7 (thinking Premier Travel Inn level), lunch maybe same, and evening meal about £15. Depends what you need to get through the day. There is a travel card you can use on London underground, it's less than £10 and can be used all day unlimited. So travel is sorted. I guess it depends on what you are used to - the level of living you go by, but I don't remember spending anywhere near as that when I was there for LFCC in July. The biggest expenditure will be things you want to buy at the con (signatures, merchandise, etc) but you'll get that if you were anywhere in the world at a con.

8. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Wait, you can buy hand written signatures at the Celebration?

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    As in autographs on photos? Then yeah. That is what I mean ;)

10. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Whoa, how much usually?

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    You never been to a convention before? Or are you pulling my leg lol? I am not so sure.

Just in case, if the former, autographs can be anywhere from £5 to £50+
    Really depends on who is doing the signing, expect the background characters to be in the £10 region, and people like Carrie Fisher to be more in the region of £20+
    Prices may be a little inflated at CE, but I can't compare elsewhere with the big cons since I never got autographs at CIII.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I got Tem Morrison's autograph last year at Collectormania in Milton Keynes. I think it was £20. That got the sig on the picture of my choice (he had a few to choose from, both of him in real life and in costume as Jango. I picked a Jango one). In addition he was quite happy to pose for a friend to take a photo of both of us.
    The year before I got Jeremy Bulloch's autograph at Memorabilia in Birmingham. I think the price was about the same (again, he had a few pics to choose from). I also bought a copy of his book and he autographed that for me. Again, he was happy to pose with me for a pic to be taken.

There isn't always time for the actor to pose - it depends on how busy things are. I was lucky to catch both actors fairly early before any long lines had built up.

13. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    I know it's sad, but no, I haven't ever been to a convention (unless you count 1 small auto-show).

14. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Well then, I'm sure you're gonna have a blast at CE... conventions are fun, and Celebrations are GREAT. :D

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    No worries dude :D And it isn't sad, I held back for quite a while, but being a member of Fan Force meant I got the convention bug, bad too lol.
    My first one was in the US a few years back. They are so much fun, and CE will be a lot more fun than usual ones, and what makes it special is meeting likeminded fans. Just go and enjoy yourself.

16. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I surgest going to one like Collectormaina or LFACC before CE, just to get a feel of what they're like. CE might be a bit OTT for your first.

17. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Over The Top.
    Basically it might be better for you to get your feet wet, so to speak, at a smaller event if you can.

19. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Or I could start off big, since I'm not going to go to a convention, unless it's a coincidence like CE. I was actually going to England at the same time (but I've been there many other times, so it wasn't any biggy), and planned on trying to go to Egypt, but I can wait a year. And I can't fly to a big convention at the time. I have to wait like literally eight years or so untill I'll be able to fly anywhere without getting worried or anything. There's just too much going on, and I can only go somewhere during my break. I live by a major city, so I hope that a Celebration will come there. Do you guys think there will still be Celebrations in eight years?

20. Enji

May 14, 2002
    My first (and only) real con was Celebration 3 (I don't count the little things we have in Sweden...), and it was GREAT... so I say start off big! :D

21. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Can one only buy 3-day passes to this event, or is it also possible to buy a one-day ticket (Saturday or Sunday, for instance)?

22. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    No official details about tickets have been released yet, but I'm certain you will be able to buy 3, 2 or 1 day-passes.

23. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    You can only buy 1 day or 3 day passes for C4 though.

24. Enji

May 14, 2002
    4 day, actually, for that event. ;) But of course, you can always buy two or three one-day passes.

25. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, as Nina said you can get 2 one-day passes if they decide to only sell one-day and three-day passes, lol. But seeming as CE and C4 have different organizers, they could well have different policies so it's still anyones guess. Seeming as CE is only three days and two of them fall on the weekend, it would be more logical to have the two-day pass option as well as the three-day and one-day passes (this is giving me a headache ;p ).

Hopefully they'll put us out of our misery soon and tell us :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.