main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

times you've been shocked by what came out of the pack.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Padawan716, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    once I pulled an Obi-wan Kenobi YJ foil from a BoN booster pack. my first ultra rare foil and my first pack of BoN. :D I sense something...

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    When I first started playing the CCG I had money for one pack of BB Premiere. I bought one and pulled Obi-Wan. I went back the next day and bought two more...pulled Darth Vader. A few weeks later I bought four more and pulled Han and the Falcon. I haven't had a string of luck like that since.

3. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    What packs I do but I've been very lucky with.

I pulled a WB Vader from my 1st anthology, I was flabbergasted. Yes, flabbergasted.

4. Sci Michaels

Sci Michaels Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2000
    On the other end of things, I pulled a pack of Reflections II that didn't have a single rare in it, and I already had the Literature card and a non-foil version of the foil....

Erik

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I just about had a heart attack when I pulled a Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight foil out of Reflections 2. Same thing when I pulled Emperor Palpatine out of Death Star II.

6. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    How much is the Luke foil?

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    $30-35 auction value.

8. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Cool, not bad atol.

9. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    First time I bought, I bought two packs. I pulled a Red 5 out of one, and the Death Star out the other one. My cousin, who was getting me into it at the time, nearly decked me. :)

10. JefferyJedi

JefferyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2000
    I'm shcoked by the times I'd buy a Jabba's Palace pack (or get one in a box of something) and ALWAYS get a bib fortuna in one. :D Along with a passenger deck.

I wonder if I'll ever get Ree-Yees, the single card I'm missing from that set and also the only bounty hunter I don't have.

11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    About a month after Dagobah came out, I bought 4 packs from different boxes and had Yoda in every single pack.

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    back in the merry days before cloud city, during lunch one weekday at at school, went to the shop, saw they had some limited premiere in stock, though great, got two boosters, pulled luke and the falcon, came back on the friday and saw that they only had starters, got the last in the box and pulled a BB Vader,

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I once bought exactly two packs of Dagobah. In those packs, I got Yoda and the Executor. :)

14. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    When reflections first came out, me and my friend both bought a single pack from the same box at our local store. Each had a non-foil Cap'n han and a foil Epic Duel.

--Mr. P :cool:

15. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    I had a small string of luck a few times, and bad luck.

Bad Luck:
    1. Bought 4 boxes of DS2 and got no URs
    2. Bought a box of Reflections and no URFs
    3. Bought a box of Reflections 2 and no URFs

Good Luck:
    1. Bought 6 packs of Dagobah BB, and got SOS and Yoda
    2. Received 4 packs of CC and got Fett and Leia
    3. Received 2 ANH packs and 1 Endor and got General Solo FOIL, R2-D2, and Chewbacca

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the best pulls i ever had had a huge build-up: ever since SW:CCG came out, I've been looking foirward to getting a Death Star 2 card, I just love how the DS2 looks and just wanted a card of it. Flash-forward to DS2's release, I buy a box and a half of it but didn't get the card (did get Palpatine though which was cool), nor was it in the other half of the box (friend split that one with me). So, moving on, one day in January/February as i was checking to see if a Reflections 1 box I had ordered had come in yet at my local comic shop, I saw that it hadn't and went and pulled two packs of DS2 and two packs of Reflections 2. Got home, opened the R2 packs, and the first one I opened had the freaking DEATH STAR 2 FOIL CARD. I was like "yes! what a way to get it!". So then I go to open the DS2 packs, and whats in the first one I open? the non-foil Death Star 2 card. I was just floored, absoultely amazing, and I was just so damned happy that day, my friend couldn't believe my luck (he, too, quests for a DS2 card).
    The downside is I think the non-foil card is flawed- a slight white/grey smudge is on it in the lower left area of the image. But, oh well, nothings perfect, at least I got the sucker.

17. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Your DS2 card could have an ink smudge on it. Mine doesn't have the grey spot you mention.

18. sith_darksaber

sith_darksaber Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2001
    I bought 4 packs of R2 the other day. In 1 pack I got Foil Emperor, R2 The Emperor, BB Premier Luke and Obi Wan Kenobi.
    Second pack I got Luke Skywlaker, Rebel Scout, Luke's Lightsaber, and Anakin's lightsaber.
    Those were my best pulls of all the packs I have bought.

19. Padawan716

Feb 7, 2001
    most damaged cards seem to have those "ink smudges" except theyre whiter than grey. it happens when the cards rub against each other I think. lots of my YJ cards get smudged, especially foils. :mad:

20. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Anyone pulled a Hoth blank??? I got one and someone once offered me $30 for it.

Of course, I refused. ;)

21. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Yeah, one of my friends pulled one from Hoth and like an idiot I told him to send it to Decipher. He got a new pack from them that included something stupid like Yaggle Gakkle. Then we found out that people were paying big money for them and he wanted to kill me ;-) Oops.

I recently inherited a collection that included a blank card from SE. I traded it for a Ben Kenobi, so I think I've redeemed myself.

22. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    I have four blanks but did not pull them though. 1 LS hoth, 1 DS hoth, 1 LS special edition, 1 DS DS2.

23. Padawan716

Feb 7, 2001
    sorry, but what are blanks? cards without pics or text on them?

24. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Blanks have a light or dark side back on them but the front is devoid of anything and is all black. It looks kinda like someone took a black magic marker to them and covered everything up.

I could scan mine for you if you'd like so you can see one.

25. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh, I bought a pack of ANH I think it was, and I got the Limited Death Star! It was going for 50 bucks at the time. I also have an unlimited one too... so guess which one I play with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.