main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tionne Solusar

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Padme18, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme18

Padme18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    I want to make this costume of hers, seen in The Essential Guide to the Force:

[image=http://www.jedipedia.de/wiki/images/thumb/Tionne_Solusar.jpg/431px-Tionne_Solusar.jpg]

Any suggestions on the fabric? I was thiking Muslin or something similar. And since we do not see what she is wearing on the bottm, do you think it would be a skirt like Jocasta's?

I am studying to be a librarian so this costume is perfect for me.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't think muslin would be thick enough. Since it looks like that's all she's wearing, I would guess using a sturdier material might be better. I personally would use a moleskin/suede cloth.

And I could see either pants or a skirt. Whichever you want.

3. Padme18

Oct 10, 2005
    Good point, I forgot how thin muslin really is. But suede cloth might be too hot since I live in Florida year round. Moleskin might be good. Thank you for the advice.

4. Padme18

Oct 10, 2005
    So, here is the finished costume that I wore to CV:
    [image=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Padme18/2010-08-15_588_s2.jpg]

The vest, obi, and tabbards are made from a gold crepe satin. We used Butterick pattern B4815. The embriodary was the hardest. We blew up images of Jocasta's obi and traced the visable design. For the vest and tabbards we also blew up the images, but used them as a reference to make the designs. It took between 3 1/2 to four hours to one tabbard this way. The Obi took four and the vest at least six. What wasn't visible in the pitures I had, we improvised (for instance under the Obi). The skirt was purchased at Goodwill and is chamios fabric. My mother did all the sewing, but I made the necklace and choker matching the beads the best I could to the ones in the picture. I came pretty close and only had to improvise on a couple of them. I'm going to keep my eye for beads that match better and redoo the necklace if I find them.

I realize that satin probably wasn't the right fabric, but there was no arguing with my mother. She insisted that the costume was shiny in the picture of Tionne. I tried to tell her that the light of the shinning Holocron made it look that way, but she was doing the sewing so I didn't press the issue.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That is beautiful. Wow! :cool:

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That looks so awesome, and is very pretty! Great job!! :D

7. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Hey, that picture looks familiar! Glad to see it's getting around.

That was a great costume, too.

8. Padme18

Oct 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone. We still have the back tabbards to do as soon as we get the time, but I think we need more embroidary thread since we almost used the whole spool.

9. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    That turned out nicely.:) =D= Now you need a holocron.;)

Are you going to go "hard core" and get contacts and a wig?
    [face_whistling]

10. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Aloha, Padme18!

I met you at CV (but never got your name) & you were nice enough to let me take your picture.

When I have it up on my website, I will let you know!

Great costume!

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com <<<<<<<<< Please check out our GALLERY section!

11. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Your costume is absolutely beautiful! I think the satin looks great! I much preferred this version of Tionne, than what we've seen in illustrated in the past.

Again, looks fantastic. Congrats!

12. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    That looks awesome! I know what you can use for the holocron- lighted ice cubes. I had this blue drink at Disneyland that came with a lit cube that you could pick the color. I think blue and clear would work. Maybe stick four or more together with different colors?
    Look at the cubes here.

Good luck. : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.