main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx To the Fair... 2004

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    If you're in character, how will we know its you? The royals shouldn't have yet heard of Star Wars in the Renaissance, so what other topic could be brought up to compensate?

2. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Marty is not available.

But, I am working on my Renn costume and will be attending on the 15th.
    Costume hopefully finished.

3. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    As a royal, there are many things that we can discuss. Like, how fabulous I look or how fantastic my dress is or really, how WONDERFUL I am. Also, as an absentee royal I get to hang out more with friends and therefore reveal my far sight power that let me see StarWars hundreds of years before it came out. Than Han Solo, what a rogue he is.

4. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    SO, to those going on Sunday, what time are we meeting?

5. mrbunny666

Jul 23, 2002
    and where are we meeting too.

...and if I have to be up all night for the next 2 nights, I WILL finish my costume.

6. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I think we can meet out front, not far from the ticket boxoffice.

7. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Mick, Just make sure to send someone in to get your tix. Also, the Royal Pavillion had been moved because of the @*$%&?! feast hall. We are now in a BIG FRAGGIN' TENT by the Falconer's Heath. You should be able to find it on your maps. grumble grumble, I'll teach them to put us by the pipers. poop.

8. Tigrrl

Tigrrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2003
    Back to that earlier question, what time are we meeting? I'm not sure if I and the little Jawa will make it or not, depending on what time everyone's meeting.

And how long does it take to drive out there from say, NE Phoenix? Where is it located? (I've never been to a Renn Faire in Arizona, except back in high school, and that was different).

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    We're gathering at around 0945-1000. You have my cell if you get there later, I'll try to hear it.

I'd plan over an hour at least. It's close to 45 minutes away form my place.

10. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Well, I hear that next year the royals will have a really cool new location. I guess the feast hall took more money than planned and they didn't get a chance to do anything else for the royals than place them in the old flea circus tent. At least now they have a place for weddings and their receptions. Isn't that the coolest (short of Skywalker Ranch, of course)?

I'll be sure to stop by the royal tent and say, "Hi," tomorrow. Maybe I'll even bump into some other 2-4-1 fan forcers...

11. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    kay, since I missed most of you when we had PFF at the Faire Day, I decided to post pics of my newly revamped costume.

Dunno if any of you remember my costume from two years ago (and I wore Gabby's dress last year), but I used the original burgundy skirt from that costume, and re-did the rest. So, new shirt, new overskirt, new bodice. YAY!

Oh, and for those that *did* see it (Void, Mick, IA and MJEH), I've added more grommets to the bodice, and replaced the nasty plastic boning with spring steel boning (remember how bad I was fighting with that during D&D?).

So, without further adieu, pics...

[image=http://www.kreleia.com/costumes/images/renn_kre1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.kreleia.com/costumes/images/renn_kre2.jpg]

:D :D

I need to go back to the Faire. ;)

12. mrbunny666

Jul 23, 2002
    That looks great!

As for mine...
    well, the sewing machine seemed to lock up at 90% done on the top.

I finished it anyway to discover, I should have vut it at size 7 in stead of 10.
    Maybe smaller.

I have 1,000 projects at once.
    But I'll finish it soon.
    After a bit of creative fixing that is...

13. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    OMG that is beautiful.... Great stuff!

Sorry we are going to miss the Faire out by you all this year...plans are in the works for the CA fair already...thread pending...

14. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Very, Very Nice! ;)

...I need to hold on to something, all of a sudden I feel...light-headed. [face_devil] ;)

15. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Very nice costume.

16. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Kre that dress is awesome! :D

17. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    That dress is absolutely wicked, Kreleia! way to go!

18. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Looks better with the spring steel boning. No pin no gain sistah! If you aren't bruised by your corset by the end of the day then you aren't wearing it right! I once had a rib cracked by a corset out at faire, now that's die hard. Must say though, cute, very very cute. Wish I could sew. Guess that's what a Queenie is for?

19. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Nylon boning sucks.

Steel boning is the best.

Just a note on historical accuracy... Off the shoulder chemises were NOT used. But I love the gorgeous dress, Kre. Good job!

20. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks all!! It was a blast to make - I love projects that are quick-n-easy. :)

MJ, thanks for the historical tip. The chemise can actually be worn on-shoulder. I just prefer the off-shoulder look. [face_blush] Silly me, always a glutton for a raging sunburn, I guess. ;) Glad you like!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.