main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive ToonMan's 'Clone Wars' Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ToonMan, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Hey, any chance I have to find ways to help you guys with success, I'll do it :p
    Sasquatch! *Hugs the fuzzy skunk ape*

2. ToonMan

ToonMan Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    Thanks, I do apprecialte it!!!!!! Now to find the time!!!!

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I love your bigfoot! And your "Still Fighting" clone. Wow! He is going to feel that in the morning. :p

Great job on all your drawings!

AG88

4. ToonMan

ToonMan Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    I haven't had a lot of time to do much lately, but i did manage to finish this drawing. As usual, I am trying to capture the action.
    [image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/RobtheToonMan/CLArtHighKick.jpg]
    This will be my last one for a while. Enjoy!!!!
    My art for the US Marines, Bigfoot and Hot Rods are taking up most of my time. Can't ignore paying customers!!!!!!
    Rob The ToonMan

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice action pic, ToonMan. I am curious as to what you are doing for the Marines. If you can, will you PM some of your military work to me? I would really be interested in seeing your stuff.

AG88

6. ToonMan

ToonMan Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    This is an article that appeared in a Hot Rod Magazine about my art.
    Enjoy!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rob,
    Here is the article I told you I wanted to do on your new art for the Marines. I meant to send it to you sooner, but I got busy with deadlines. If anyone you know wants to post it they have my full permission to do so.
    If you'd like it in a Word format, let me know.
    Hope you like it,
    Brent

Brent Simpson
    Staff Writer
    'Cruising the Avenue' Magazine

Hot Rod Artist Draws For U.S. Military

By Brent Simpson

Many of you know of Automotive Cartoonist Rob ?the ToonMan? Butler. An exceptional artist who?s unique Hot Rod art has graced the pages of this publication for some time. We?ve all enjoyed a good laugh with his cartoon characters ?Chuck & Arbee? with their automotive antics. But did you know that there is much more to Rob?s art than classic American autos?

For years, Rob?s talents have expanded into other realms, far beyond that of the cruise-in. Rob has illustrated many books and designed T-shirts regarding the Northwest legend of Bigfoot.

He created a Bigfoot character named ?Squatch? which was very well received, appearing in more than 7 publications nationwide.

His work became so well known that he was asked to take part in a Discovery Channel documentary on the subject. In the final cut, the massive GMC 4x4 he built almost had more screen time than he did, but he was fine with that.

His fondness for Science Fiction is also apparent. He has created a complex set of characters, in written form, as well as graphic, from both the Star Wars, and Star Trek universes.

With Jedi and Clone Troopers to the elite Starfleet Marines, his full colored drawings show the action and emotion laid down in his complex written works.

His latest endeavor leans more to his patriotic side. Rob has created, and has been
    drawing a set of characters for the United States Marines.

Although he never served in the armed forces, Rob has always been a big follower of the U.S. Military. From his younger days when he collected unit patches and pins, to the present, he has continuously spoke of his support for our men & women in uniform.

Rob?s new characters ?Joe & Bill?, appear monthly in the 3rd Marine Division Association?s newsletter, ?Scuttlebutt?. With

these characters, Rob has tried to encompass the lighter side of the Marine Corps. ?It makes me happy to bring a smile to those who have served out country,? Rob stated.

As you may imagine, with Rob?s extensive background with cars and trucks, a good portion of the cartoons revolve around the Military vehicle. Rob says there is a lot that can be done with them. From Jeeps, to Tanks, to Humvees, the subject is almost endless.

Rob has always had a fondness for the olive drab rides. When he was younger, he would walk from his home in Clackamas, Oregon to Camp Withycomb to see the latest acquisitions of the museum located there. He also attends Military Vehicle Shows whenever he can, and really enjoys seeing the modes of transportation, that helped make this country what it is today. Whenever he is asked his favorite color, Rob often replies with a chuckle, Camouflage.

We wouldn?t be surprised at all to someday see Rob doing custom vehicle portraits of rugged Military rigs, just as he has been doing Hot Rods and custom cars for people, all these years.

It is nice to see the diversity of one of out favorite artists, and to display his works here. The best of luck to you ToonMan!

Cruising the Avenue Magazine March 2006

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.