main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Top Three SW characters

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SuperChill, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Post yours and explain why you chose them.

Here's mine.........

1. Voolvif Monn- Survived the battle of Geonosis, and he is a frackin werewolf jedi. Nuff said.

2. Roron Corobb- If you have watched the clone wars cartoons he is the one who looks like hammerhead and makes a noise that rocks all. He has alot of unexplained storyline. I really enjoy the idea of destroying people with vocal sounds though.

3. Asajj Ventress- Tough as nails female sith. The first female sith that I have heard of before the Legacy comics came out and introduced Darth Talon. She is definetly an under rated character in my mind.

2. obanion

obanion Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    I kind of feel like Brodie from Mall Rats answering this question, but here goes. and in no particular order.
    Han Solo- I know he's obvious, however the qualities that make him an obvious choice are also what make him so cool.

Obi Wan- he has that kind of Bill Cosby quality in which everyone wants a dad like Bill Cosby, and everyone wants a kindly wise grandfather type like Obi Wan, except that he's also a lightsaber wielding bad-ass grandfather too, so not only can he tell you stories about before the dark times, before the Empire, when he had to mind-trick several creatures at once, both ways, when he had to go to school, but you also don't have to worry about having to take his keys and put in a retirement home either.

Aayla Secura- who knew that blue girls with tentacles on their heads were so hot? nuff said.

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Qui-Gon Jinn. He's what i thought all Jedi should be. Someone pointed out that in TPM, QGJ touches everyone, while the other Jedi stay disconnected. When I first saw the trailer for MENACE, and there was a bit with someone in a dark robe putting his hands on Annikin's shoulders, I literally felt ill thinking it was Palpatine. i was so very relieved when it was Qui-Gon. I'm glad that Obi-Wan finally started to take after his Master in Episode 3.

R2-D2. The best partner anyone could ask for. Loyal. Brave. And a total smartass to boot. The minute he showed up in LEGACY, my first thought was that there was no way Cade and crew can lose now. I bet Krayt got a chill up his spiny back the instant R2 was reactivated.

Kyle Katarn. The Star Wars avatar of Chuck Norris (or is Chuck Norris the Earths avatar of Kyle Katarn? Hmmm...) Defeated seven (SEVEN!) Dark Jedi SINGLE HANDEDLY with NO FORMAL TRAINING. One of which had absorbed the Force Energy of TWO ARMIES OF JEDI AND SITH and become a freaking GOD (or at least a Super Saiyan...)

He's killed more Stormtroopers with his Bryar Pistol than Luke did when he blew up the Death Star. He can slam blast doors shut. He took a lightsaber THROUGH THE CHEST and was back killing stuff the next day.

4. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Qui Gon because he followed his instincts and had the attitude that just because something's always been done a certain way doesn't mean that you should keep doing it without question.

Yoda because he doesn't take any lip.

Luminara because she's beautiful in a most exotic way.

5. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Damn that's a tough one. So many kick ass characters. I added some other categories. Feel free to add on.

I think I'm gonna have to go with Quinlan Vos, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Kyle Katarn as my top characters.

Though I do have to give honorable mention to all the greats that we know and love.

Underrated: Darth Bane, Ulic Qel-Droma, Wedge (in the books he is supremely funny, esp. as an old fart), Darth Maul is far greater in books, Thrawn is very amusing.

Biggest waste of a character who could have been way more developed and awesome: Jacen Solo

And of all the very many emo whiny characters in the SW universe, I really think Xanatos DeCrion is the most ignored.

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Qui-Gon Jinn rules. :D

7. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Two more.

8. Jedi_Heather27

Jedi_Heather27 Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2008
    I would have to say, in no real order:

Princess Leia: Now this is a woman. Tough, been through alot. She watched her planet blow up before her eyes and still pushed on for a good cause. Not to mention where she has been and went through in the expanded universe after the movies. ( Beats out her mom, Padme, who is a strong female but ended sadly)

Han Solo: Ok, like some others have said, little too easy of a choice. But come on, who doesn't love Han?!? Every guy wants to be him and every girls wants to be with him. ;) He had no real connection to the Rebellion and could have easily left it behind him and went on his way but it gave him a purpose so to speak and a family.

Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader: Some may disagree but in my opinion, and because of the prequels, Star Wars is mostly about him. From good, caring little boy to slightly whiney teen (but hello so is Luke in Episode 4) to good intention/ confused man to bada$$ Sith Lord to redemption and freedom from evil influence. Who didn't feel his and Padme's pain in Episode 3? I still have trouble watching the end of Sith.

Anyway thats my thought. Any thoughts on three worst SW characters?

9. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    From good, caring little boy to slightly whiney teen
    [image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/MICHEDIAN/anakincry.gif]
    (but hello so is Luke in Episode 4)

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/MICHEDIAN/ESB/1414.jpg]
    It's not true!

Any thoughts on three worst SW characters?

OH my, don't get us started....:p

10. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Worst character?

I dont really like Aurra Sing. I mean, she had a 3 second appearance in TPM and they tried to make a new Boba Fett out of her. bah. And then she shows up in Legacy of the Force, hardly aged in 60 years? LAME.

11. Jedi_Heather27

Jan 22, 2008
    HAHA nice photo reference!! [face_laugh] I am curious on who everyone would think of as three worst in the star wars universe. I am going to start a new thread I think! Lets see what comes of this! So many different and great choices for Top three!

12. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    My three favorite: Hmmmm let's see,

1. Yea, Han Solo. He was just an all around good character. Very independant yet caring (even though he would probably deny it). He is very witty and hey, he pilots the best ship of all 6 movies!

2. Boba Fett. He was my favorite character as a kid. A cool bounty hunter with all these cool weapons and gadgets. Even though he was the foe of my first favorite character the story behind the two is pretty cool. I just think it's too bad they killed him off in ROTJ.

3. Darth Vader (Stewie from Family Guy Blue Harvest). Hey, what can I say....lol

I would say Gargan but I'm afraid my comments would get another one of my posts deleted ;)

Some of my other favorites: Ephant Mon, General Grevious and Imperial Gunner (I just like the uniform).

13. PrincessB

PrincessB Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2007
    Princess Leia - she's always been my fave since i was 7, not to mention she pulled off the 'cinnamon-bun' hairstyle..

Yoda - another childhood favorite of mines, plus he's a freakin' jedi master!

14. Jedi_Heather27

Jan 22, 2008
    Who is your third PrincessB?!? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.