main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Toyfair 2008

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hey if people didn't know the 2008 Toyfair is going on right now in New York City and make sure to checkout all the collecting sites for updates and pics of all the new goodies. Yodasnews.com has the new Gentle Giant product up and all I can say is DARTH MAUL ANIMATED MAQUETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So I'll try and update with other news as it comes out.

* Also a Obi-Wan Kenobi Animated Maquett from a New Hope and and Anakin mini bust which he's holding the 2 sabers before killing Count Dooku. Both look awsome and will be welcome additions to anyones collection.*

2. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I might have to save up for that Maul maquette. Any idea where I'll be able to get one?

3. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    and there's Lt. Renz mini bust

Is that Force lightning in Maul's hand? I don't know about that...

4. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
  5. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Yes that is force lightning in Maul's hand but it looks awesome I know your gonna need one :). So just looked at the hasbro stuff and it is all awesome as they have really out done themselves. Looking forward to both the Clone Wars and Legacy Collection lines, the droid factory figures are a nice idea, Comic Packs are one line I'm really looking to get into this year, and Mighty Muggs are awesome love the General Grievous one.

Also there will be 2 SDCC exclusives this year a Mighty Mugg Commander Gree and a Vader with Holo Palpatine figure set (Palpatine lights up). One thing that sucks is that the ROTS Anakin mini bust is going to be an exclusive but not sure if it's a convention one or website.

Other then that it is going to be another great year for Star Wars collecting so start saving now.

6. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Holy CRAP!!! Animated Darth Maul, old Obi Wan. I thought they were done making the animated statues? Well they are deadly. I love the Darth Talon toy aswell. Man 2008 is gonna be a good year for star wars.

7. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah Darth Talon won't be out until the spring/summer as there are 15 comic packs planned for this year. As for the animated maquettes the line will continue with maybe not so many releases like last year. Due to the fact that Gentle Giant will be doing Clone Wars maquettes and other product for the new movie and tv show.

Diamond select's new line should be really interesting as from what I've heard they look great. Now I've only seen the Luke Jedi Knight and Obi-Wan (Ep.4) and like the Obi better then the Luke but there is a Darth Maul but it was not allowed to be photographed. But from what I heard it was the best out of all of them so this line should be interesting to watch in 2008.

Also found out that the Anakin ROTS mini bust will be an exclusive to both the New York City comic con and the San Diego comic con. So this bust should be in good numbers unlike last year's Clone Commanders.

Sideshow also showed there newest 1:6 scale figure and it's Obi-Wan Kenobi in clone armor which will be the first armored sideshow 1:6 scale figure. Looks pretty bad a$$ in my opinion and should fair better then the upcoming Illum Padme.

8. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Dooks, do you have the Mighty Muggs? I just picked up Boba Fett and Vader in Vancouver and they're great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.