main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TPM Defense Force

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Strilo , Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Obligatory up.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Actually, I beleived that the Acedemy re-wrote the rules for orginal music as well...I beleive that the movie must have a certian % of original soundrack material. It was a ruling that was supposed to limit guys like John Williams from winning constantly.

I believe that happened in 2001... well after the TPM travesty.

3. Darth_Fless

Darth_Fless Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2003
    Yes, the TPM soundtrack is very good.

After DOTF, I really like the 'Droid Invasion' theme. It's a great tune - but it could be better. It's almost like Williams was holding back on that - I'd love to hear it with the horns really BLASTING the theme tune.

4. Sith Infiltrator

Sith Infiltrator Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 1999
    Once I warmed to the TPM soundtrack I did come to realise it's some of the best SW music out there. Nothing beats ESB, but EPIII has yet to be released so....

"We will see."

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm hoping that Episode III will blow the other soundtracks out of the water, when it comes to creating new music while blending past/future themes. It will be hard however, considering how much it has to bridge both future (OT) and past (PT). Themes such as Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, and the Imperial March must be included. I have high hopes for one new Episode III theme in paticular, General Grievous.

6. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Actually, I believe that John Williams is going to use the original Ewok theme for what you were hoping for... ;)

But I demand,that Episode III contains a hip hop of Jedi Rocks.......!

Oh wait, this is in the past....so it should be swing!

Bluegrass?

Baroque?

*runs away*

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Generally, if you can't post something about E3 without blacking it out, you can't post it in TPM. Having said that, I don't think that name qualifies as a spoiler. I'm checking on that now.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Now now... we ask that the Sanctuary stays away from purely Ep 3 related posts, so we should do the same here in the DF. Try to tie the music discussion into the music for TPM as the very least. :)

9. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I accept responsibility for my actions and are prepared to face the consequences.........

......a ban.

10. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Banned by your own master? [face_devil]

Don't worry, no harm no foul. If I thought it was bad enough I would have edited it out.

11. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I thought it would be ok to mention the character since it was blacked out and had to be willingly highlighted for someone to read. However I will be more careful where I tread in reguards to mentioning Episode III related material in our forum here.

12. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, it's always been the TPM policy to post nothing or everything -- meaning if it's OK to post then it's OK, but if it isn't, it doesn't come into the forum in any forum. This goes back to the original reign of Oakessteve.

To clarify: I did a little digging, the character you referenced to is still Hyperspace exclusive, and as such not appropriate for this forum. However, he has some EU appearances coming up, and once he's appeared there, it's fair game. So it is with all Hyperspace material.

Now, having said that, all E3 topics are inappropriate for this forum unless it's both (a) tied into TPM and (b) spoiler free.

13. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    The Phantom Menace is Glorious in the Fact that it isn't what everybody expected it to be. How many Fan Fiction-EU-Playground Game stories had I had in my head about what Star Wars really was. TPM Redefined that universe for me... and expanded it beyond my meager imagination.

14. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    And at the same time, it's as Star Wars as it could possibly get. Talk about great filmmaking!

15. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Hmm, regarding my above post, I guess since Grievous is on the cover of an Insider, it's safe to say he's no longer Hyperspace material.

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    His NAME and image are no longer spoilers. However, posting IMAGES from the Insider is still not allowed per Lucasfilm. And posts in here still need to relate to TPM. :)

17. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    Someone posted the cover in the Sanctuary, so you may want to have a look over there. It basically went to discussing the flaws of TPM to a General Grievous fest, both good and bad feedback.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I already got it. :)

19. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    The Bashers Love TPM... That is why they still discuss it's flaws five years after its release...

They Just Cant get this beautiful movie out of their minds...

20. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    Neither can I.

I am going to make a documentary called 'The Phantom Menace Is Beautiful', which will not only take a look at the film itself but will encompass the entire pro-TPM/anti-TPM fan following as well.

21. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I will be first in line to see that as well, I can assure you.

We Geeks love to hate, love to nitpick... The Phantom Menace has given certain Geeks just that, an eternity of complaining. George Lucas could not have Given them a better gift.

Bashers: Only truly happy when unsatisfied.

22. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    It might be better if we didn't openly use the terms basher/gusher since doing so may increase the chances of conflict breaking out. I simply see it as some people like TPM and others do not, just a matter of differing opinions and interpretations.

23. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    My fav part about TPM is the big battle near the end. I like how ever one is in danger at the same time. Then Padme get's out of danger first. Then Anakin which also get's Jar Jar and his buddys out od danger then last is Obi-wan.

24. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    "I am going to make a documentary called 'The Phantom Menace Is Beautiful', which will not only take a look at the film itself but will encompass the entire pro-TPM/anti-TPM fan following as well. "

Can I be in it, please !?! I'll be the 'Star War fundamentalist' a basher who advocates love and peace between the factions, while defending the right to dissent !

SHB JR

25. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I want to be Rick McCallum! I would sit in my chair in front of a camera, talking about how great this wonderful, beautiful, extremely well-made, superb documentary is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.