main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TPM in 3D - Who is Going?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Feb 1, 2012.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    But you CAN blame Lucas for having a character whose EVERY SINGLE LINE is a cabbage line

(Yes, that is every line of his in the video)

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    teehee :D

Funny thing is I'd wholly forgotten about Olie before he turned up on screen. The humour is clearly buried deep within me. :p

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I like that they added in the announcement of the competing racers & also showed the whole second lap of the race. There also seems to be a scene on Coruscant added which I don't remember where Anakin goes with the Queen and Palpatine on a speeder to the Senate building (maybe thatw as always there and I never noticed).

Were those on the Blu-Ray? Because they aren't on the DVD/VHS editions.

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I went to the FDA multimedia screening last week at the Empire in Leicester Square (oooh, fancy).

I hadn't seen Menace for a good few years and it was actually really good seeing it again on the big screen and I really rather enjoyed it but mainly for the wrong reasons (cynical audience). However, the 3D was just awful. Seriously, do you guys think that the 3D was good? I admit I was watching it on the dolby 3D system which I haven't seen before, but I can't imagine Real-D being any better. All it did was darken the image rather badly and make my head hurt.

So in my conclusion; great seeing it again on the big screen but only for old times' sake. 3D utterly pointless.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I thought the extended podrace and taxi ride WERE on the DVD. I may be wrong, not seen the DVD for a long time.

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Me neither, but I thought the extended podrace was a deleted scene on the DVD.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe they are, I'd have to check. Not watched TPM on DVD for a while and I don't own the Blu Ray set.

I know the Coruscant Taxi Scene, Podrace Lap 2 & Full Starting Grid were on the deleted scenes list on the second disc, but I can't remember if they were all in the cut of the film as they were in the 3D re-release.

I think more of the deleted scenes should be included. The one with Anakin fighting Greedo was good as it featured Greedo and showed a darker side to young Anakin which would tie in to later films. Plus the scene where Qui-Goin attacks one of Maul's probe droids could have been useful if it was featured in the film.