main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Transformers

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 31, 2006.

1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    So, who all has been keeping up with the goings on with the production going on down there? I was there this past holiday weekend, and actually out at White Sands, but naturally, anything they are doing for the movie is a bit more remote, I believe.

A couple of pics have popped up online of a couple of vehicles in the movie - one being Bumblebee, which sadly will NOT be a VW beetle, but rather a Chevy Camaro (the new '08 Camaro is SEXY!) and a Decepticon posing as a Police car (Ford Mustang). Check out the article at Comingsoon.net for links to the pictures.

I'm really curious to see how this will turn out. I loved the cartoons as a kid and have somewhat kept up with the current incarnations (mostly just Beast Wars through Beast Machines)...

2. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I haven't seen anyone filming yet, but I have seen a few helicopers flying around. There aren't that many flying around here usually.

3. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I went out to the set at the old sawmill on Saturday night... this is my post from my Livejournal!

Chris and I went out so he could take photos of the night sky, and while we were up by Plateau Espresso, we noticed GIANT lights that we couldn't remember being part of the skyline here in Alamogordo. I said, "Hmm... maybe they're filming out there..." and Chris suggested we go see. I was a bit hesitant, but since he was driving, I didn't care too much. We got out there by the old sawmill on the other side of town, and guess what! They were filming The Transformers out there, and they were letting people on set to watch.

It was a really interesting set; a big barn and lots of industrial junk lying around, and lots and lots of dust and smoke. Some guy was standing out by this particular heap of junk, and he didn't look that special. Well yeah, that was a wrong first impression. It was Shia LaBeouf! Some guy on a megaphone kept yelling, "Okay, Shia... now this time look up more.." Guess who that was? The director, Michael Bay! Pretty neat stuff. We saw the same shot over and over (we were there for probably half an hour to 45 minutes).

Let me also take this moment to mention how stupid Alamogordoans are. "Who is that guy- it's Shia LaBeouf- he was in what?" "Who's the director?" "Who's running across the traintracks?" "They're coming across?" A lot of the questions were people just repeating what the director said. And I loved how they kept yelling "Quiet!" at the people visiting the set, even though most of the crew was talking. It was obvious that there wouldn't really be any original sound from this set- all music, special effects, and foley- but everyone watching kept going "SShhh! Be quiet! You're talking too loud! It'll be in the shot!"

Hah. Anyway, pictures of the set will be up sometime, but we weren't really supposed to be taking pictures, so we don't have anything juicy.

The big lights have been out there since then, too. If you see them (and they're hard to miss) go check it out!!

4. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Okay I might be the only one but I am glad they leave today. This whole movie thing has made a lot of extra work for me. It was really cool at first meeting people and watching them film stuff. But after a while the cool fact disappeared and it just turned into extra work. Don't get me wrong, I will have to go see it just for the fact that they filmed all over were I work. But now that filming is done and everyone is leaving this afternoon, things at work can settle down just a tad.

5. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I'm looking forward to seeing it. From the still pics I've seen, it looks like it could be pretty good.

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the movie.

I didn't realize they were filming at the sawmill! We were going back to my parent's house (they live on the north side of town) and while we were on the highway from the base to Alamo, my mom spotted some bright lights. We weren't sure where they were coming from. Well, as we got close to the mill, we saw that's where the lights were from. DAMN! If I had known they were filming there, I woulda stopped. I had two dead-to-the-world kids in the van, but it woulda been kinda neat!

7. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I didn't even know they were filming in Alamogordo. That would have been cool to check that out. It would be allot easier for me to get to downtown shooting locations than it would be for base ones.

8. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    They filmed everywhere out here. Now they are up in ABQ doing stuff.

9. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Here is a link to view the Transformer teaser.

http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=3769

10. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    You know I didn't think I would like the poster but I really do. The preview doesn't give you much which is good. But at the same time it makes for a rather boring preview.

11. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    The preview was in front of Pirates of the Caribbean.

12. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I liked it better on the big screen. Everyone seemed to like it.

13. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I thought they picked a rather interesting trailer. I had no idea it would be the trailer for Transformers. It will be interesting to know which scenes were filmed where. I think the movie should do pretty well. It's not my thing, but I think it'll be all right.

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I have to go see it just because it was filmed all over our airfield here. It will be funny to see my everyday job on a big screen.