main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trilogy DVD Madness

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Set your blasters on stun and fire up those lightsabers! We're going trooping!

Who could troop at BEST BUY in Raleigh on Glenwood Avenue during the day of the OT DVD release, Tuesday 9/21/04? They would have a room for us to change and keep our stuff locked in. The store opens at 10 am, but we could get there and suit up a little before. There are quite a few restaurant options for lunch or supper. If you can be there for part of the day, please chime in for what part and what costume. If we do this, they would like to post something at the store anouncing we will be there. Jim Epps will be working on make-a-wish option as well.

[on the side, I've tried to get Cary's Toys R Us to go with us but they are not intersted]

Kevin Hill and the Greenville, NC gang are having another trooping scheduled for Saturday September 25th noon - 6PM, at Toys r Us.

Who can be there for these?

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    If I didn't have to work, you'd know I'd be up there at BestBuy.

I can't wait to see ya'll at the Greenville Toys R' Us event on the 25th. We need Rebels and Empire alike.

This will be the debu of my Vader costume. So, if you ever wanted to see a guy sweat like a pig (trust me, it's hot as heck), then come on out to G'ville.

I am going to try to have my Royal Guard helmet fixed by then also, so if you don't have a costume and are around 5'9" - 6', I have a costume you can go trooping in. I have also aquired Stormtrooper armor and although it still needs to be perfected, our very own Robbie (who has a suit of his own, but needs a helmet) will be wearing my TK helmet.

We will also have several 501st there, but need Rebels also.

Don, who is the contact for the local Rebel Legion?

If you need directions to this event, just PM me.

Kevin
    Jedi Master Kel

3. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm there!

If someone can pick me up from school for a few hours between 10:00 and 1:00 I can troop as Sidious.

I've already asked for the 26th off from work so I'm there in Greenville.

I can tote a few totes of Armor in my truck just be sure to have it locked down tightly in a case.

-UD

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Saturday September 25th. The 26th is Sunday. Just wanted to be sure you asked off for the right day. We can really use you.

Kevin

5. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Ah oops. Royal Guard Blind Moment.
    You know Royal Guards, we can't see three feet in our helmet!

Hehe

I'll go back and ask for the 25th off. Sorry Kevin.

I want to start getting ideas for turning my RG to Cranor Jax at the Prop Party if not, I'm shining up my helmet and repainting areas of my force pike, I need to also reglue some of the Spikes on it due to the fact that they are a little loose for comfort.

-UD

6. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    what prop party?

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Yeah! What prop party?

Inquiring minds want to know.

JMK

8. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Gah ok I'm getting my dates times and things mixed up. Note to Self switch to the Rebellion.

It's been a crazy week!

Sorry :(

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Be at Kevin's at 11AM Saturday in Greenville for the biggest bash ever!

10. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    How'd it go yesterday?

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yesterday at Best Buy went ok. We had 3 stormtroopers, 3 Imperial Officers, a TIE pilot, an ewok, Jane as the Emperor, me as Royal Guard / Imp Scanning crew dude.
    Channel 22 covered us for the 10PM news.

OT - On the SW message board it says that the blooper reel is in the video game still galleries...just press 1138 there and you're off. I'm gonna have to go upstairs and check it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.