main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Trivial Pursuit

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DRK_HLMT, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Game one is already in progress so we are hoping to get into game 2 with two teams if we have enough people to participate. If you are interested in participating, please post here or PM me or Luke_Starkiller. If we can get two teams to participate, that would be great. We can come up with some cool names for the teams and whichever team wins the game, they get VIP status for three days. With VIP status you get to change your name color, be able to post more than one message a minute and other privileges of a demigod. Hehehe. Well just let me know and I and Luke_Starkiller can get the teams submitted for the next round.

2. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Dagnabbit, Hlmt, you beat me to it :p

That's right ladies and germs, step right up and match withs agains the best the JC has to offer. You'ver always wanted the colors and the powers! Here's your chance for three days! There are 2 slots open on each team, plus another team of three if there is enough interest (we'll need someone to head that one up).

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I will head up the third team, just call me General Solo! My strike team is ready but I don't have a command crew yet.

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Sure, sign me up for a team, don't care which one.

5. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Me too. What the hell. It's only our souls we forfeit if we lose right?

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I wanna play, can I be on Isbeths team?

7. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Dude, you don't wanna be on my team. I am stupid when it comes to this stuff. I just wanna be an alternate. Go on DRK_HLT or MuttandSolo's team or Luke's team, they are far better than I, and heck they can use your EU knowledge.

8. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    How does this work? do you play online or something? im confused!?!

9. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Here are the rules so far:

Official Rules:(that can change at any time)

- Teams will be made of three users, if your chapter has enough people, multiple teams can compete.
    - The cut off time for sign ups is at 9pm board time on each Thursday before the game starts. You can submit your team in this thread.
    - A maximum of ten teams will be taken per game.
    - Each team will nominate a leader and that person would submit the answer each day.
    - A 24-hour time limit to answer each question.
    - Answers must be submitted to the appropriate Mod by PM.
    - Teams may discuss answers via PM but no discussion in the thread or your team gets disqualified.
    - The team with the most points after each game gets an automatic bid into the next game.
    - There will be 6 games. The team with the most points after the 6th game wins the tournament.
    - If there are any ties after games, a run-off question will be delivered until a winner is selected.

Point Allotment:
    Question #1: 5 points
    Question #2: 10 points
    Question #3: 15 points
    =======================
    30 Points Max Per Game

Game Progression as follows:
    Sunday Night 5PM board time: 1st Question
    Monday Night 5PM board time: Deadline #1

Tuesday Night 5PM board time: 2nd Question
    Wednesday Night 5PM board time: Deadline #2

Thursday Night 5PM board time: 3rd Question
    Friday Night 5PM board time: Deadline #3

Saturday Night 5PM board time: Announcement of winners and awards of VIP status

Winners: VIP-ship for the whole team for 3 days. Winning team posted on FanForce.Net and TFN.

10. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey, have we missed the second round sign up?

11. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    The sign-up for the next game should be by 9PM Board time on Thursday.

12. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I have only one thing to say to the people who are hiding there and haven't joined one of the teams (I don't think we even have a full team yet):

"You will join us. It is your destiny."

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey we have five folks, that's more than enough for a team. Why don't captains devise a strategy and pick from the folks signed up, if you can't be a captain this time you can be next time.

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I need someone strong in the EU side and someone that has other/miscellaneous knowledge, I'll comprise most of the OT and TPM knowledge.

15. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I am about the same as Mutt. I do know some of the "adult" EU novels, but none of the comics, RPG, CCG, or teen books.

16. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I believe Chissdude is "The Man" when it comes to EU stuff. I know some, but mostly the Thrawn Trilogy, SotP, VotF, and the NJO series. Almost anything OT as well.

17. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I'm good with the OT, TPM, and the EU novels/books, and misc inane trivia realted to SW.

18. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I am strong on EU, but I am no where near as good as Chissdude. I know some movies, but that's about it.

19. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay, I just PM'd Rox and he said that the sign-ups start tomorrow and that we can have as many teams as we want as long as we have enough people and make the deadline.

So we need to get the ball rolling and get some teams started. So far it's myself(DRK_HLMT), Luke_Starkiller and MuttandSolo heading up teams. The teams consist of the captain and two other people. And we need to think up some names for the teams. Here are the names of the teams that entered the first round:

Team 1: Satellite of Love 5pts
    Captain: Fanboy_solo
    Woofer
    JadePadawan

Team 2: St. Louis I
    Captain: Princess_Robin
    Jedi_Tabee
    jedigal

Team 3: St. Louis II 5pts
    Captain: yodaboy
    jobo
    Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Team 4: Wuher's Habitués 5pts
    Captain: Morgaine
    ChimealHeltei
    TwiLekJedi

Team 5: Canada 5pts
    Captain: Admiral_Thrawn60
    Entil'Zha
    Ian_Ball

Team 6: The French Holocron 5pts
    Captain: akhun
    Eid3r
    Oryx-I

Team 7: Rochester 5pts
    Captain: Mara-Jade-Skywalker
    Padawan_adri
    TheEmperorsHand

Team 8: Conquerors of Canada 5pts
    Captain: JediLynx
    emilsson
    _SithSpawn_

Team 9: The Sandcrawlers from Phoenix, AZ 5pts
    Captain: Idiots Array
    EmprsHandMick
    sideshow212

Team 10: Waco's Bounty Hunters 5pts
    Captain: Amidala Starkiller
    BroodMcEto
    jango-joe1

I was thinking sort of along the lines of
    CCFF Spork Team 1
    CCFF Spork team 2
    CCFF Whipped Cream Siths
    CCFF Victoria's Secret Rogues

Or whatever you guys can think of. Throw out some good ones for us!!

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll head up CCFF Victoria's Squadron

One question: What exactly do I need to do (Where to go?) to post my team?

If he's willing I'd like to have Chissdude on my team and I'll need a volunteer for the third slot. First one to PM me a request gets the third slot. Chissdude, PM me if you'd like to be on Victoria's Squadron (VS for short)

Join me and together we will rule the Net!

21. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm all over CCFF Spork Team [face_devil]

I'd like to call on Sapient and Motter, i'f they'll join me. PM me and let me know, guys.

22. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Maybe DRK_HLMT would wanna be on your team Mutt. Mutt, read the information thread for how this works. I don't mind if you need someone and I can keep Chissdude in line, but you need someone better rounded in stuff than me. Try PMing Big Broadcastah, Mogook or Eva, but if you need me, I'm your gal. I'll even don VS stuff while we play. ;) I sent Chissdude a PM to get his buns over here or PM you. He usually signs on after school.

Luke, will Sapient still be eligible since he is a mod?

23. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I think they will only ask one question per game and it will be generalized from any of the sources, i.e. OT, PT, EU, and such. Here was question one that they asked for the first round:

Question #1

Who sat next to Luke Skywalker in briefing scene before the Death Star battle in Star Wars?

In that same scene, what is the technical inaccuracy in the computerized plans retrieved from R2-D2?

So I'm assuming it will just be the one question and all teams will get a chance to answer it within the 24 hour time period.

The game seems to be played on the JC community board hereand the answer is supposed to be PM'd to the MOD of the question being asked (I'm assuming it will be Rox) by the captains.

24. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Not sure if Sapient would be ineligible because of his modnessness, but I'll check with him...

25. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Rox says there are only 9 teams since the winner automatically gets a slot and there are just 10 slots total, so you guys better be ready to sign up tomorrow. If we can get two slots for CCFF, we'd have a better chance of winning. Will they let us have 2 slots?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.