main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Truncated Posts

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    IIRC, people were working on backing up the whole JC independently before we Moved. Does anyone know if they were successful and if they were, who they were and who backed up what?

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I really hope this does get fixed. I have just discovered that, by pure stupidity, I apparently no longer have a document with all of my posts from my Recollections thread. That means that, barring me finding a copy somewhere (which seems unlikely at this point) the return of those posts is the only thing that will get that stuff back for me. I particularly hate that my epic post about Wisegate might be gone. I can't figure out how I managed to lose that document; I painstakingly saved all my posts specifically so this wouldn't happen. Ah well . . . is the prevailing opinion still that they will be back eventually?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We haven't heard anything to indicate that they won't be back.

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    After I posted that, I remembered that, since I'm a mod, I could actually check for myself in the MS. I'm a real moron sometimes. :p

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Being a mod does have its perks...

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Is there any news on this?
    Also, I'd like to volunteer to help fix this problem. I have a degree in Software Engineering and lots of free time. Oh, and I have a vested interest in making this happen as I'm really into my fanfic, so I'll keep trying until I succeed. ;)

benknobi1, PHGSWeyr and Mirax Terrik like this.
  7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm sorry, but we can't have someone who's actually invested in the outcome working on the project. :p

NYCitygurl, DarthBoba and benknobi1 like this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Does anyone know how this is

Saintheart and Marmot Man like this.
  9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    How what is? The uncated osts ssue? ere orking on it. Abo ixed.

10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I'm not sure this person knows quite what he's actually supposed to be doing and perhaps as a solution we ought to have this person replaced and then hit the big red button clearly labeled "fix truncated posts" and see if that fixe—

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Hey guys good news I think they fi#ed the truncation problem! There's just these OTHER minor issues that

12. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere, but once the truncation is fixed, will that also fix the formatting issue ?

example

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I can positively tell you the answer is

JackG likes this.
  14. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    Okay, that joke stopped being funny approxim

15. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The hell is this? Did Candlejack jump into the thread>

16. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    You mean her name isn't actually Padmé?

17. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Yes silly. :p It's Padmé or Padme.

18. RebelJoseWales

Sep 10, 2008
    For some reason, I've had a recent urge to get back to the fanfic I haven't touched for the last four years. Since I've lost the Microsoft Works document that contained the whole thing, I wonder if there've been any updates on this issue?

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    There are some periodic updates on the situation. Last I recall we're waiting on... something or other on the IGN end.

20. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That would be it. The truncation problem happened in the data conversion process from IGN's format to Xenforo's format.

22. RebelJoseWales

Sep 10, 2008
    So, any updates?

23. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I have a question about the truncation of an old post. Is it possible to request a post to be fixed? I don't have a backup for it would would like to get that back if possible. Or am I just up **** creek without a paddle and will just need to wait until this is fixed?

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    What's the date on the post? Can you link to it?

25. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005