main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    [image=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3567/btboringnascargallery6ccf7.jpg]

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Prediction time.

Tony Stewart will lead the most laps, but will not win the race.

The winner will be a Richard Childress driver. My guess for this is Jeff Burton.

3. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I have to go with Tony, but I'd love to see Kevin Harvick or Dale Jr. win it.

4. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Tony Stewart seems to be the popular pick. Does he have a decent pole position? I'd like to see Juan Pablo Montoya do well, though it's probably way to early to start expecting wins for him.

5. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Tony won his Duel 150 race, so he's starting in the second row. Better yet for him, Junior is starting right behind him and those two work well together at restrictor plate tracks.

6. Boomer_Athena

Nov 8, 2006
    Scary ending to that race. I hope nobody was seriously hurt.

7. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Yeah, Bowyer slid across the finish line on his roof.

Happy as hell that Harvick won, though I wish it had been anyone but Mark Martin he'd passed at the end like that.

8. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Exciting finish to that race. :D I'm so happy for Kevin. Feel bad for Mark but not at Kevin's expense. I think Nascar did the right thing not stopping the race for the wreck.

9. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Congratulations to Harvick. Nascar and their inconsistency is pretty irritating though. I understand that if the race ended under caution they would have to analyze if Harvick or Martin was ahead at the moment of caution, but they have done that in past races on the last lap. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome finish, but nascar needs to be firm with their rules.

10. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Well the whole field wrecked behind them and the crash didn't interfear with the two guys racing, so I prefer that they let them duke it out. If I was in the stands I wouldn't want to see the race ended on a caution when it was so exciting.

11. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Obviously, "exciting" is a relative word here.

12. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I remember a race last year where there was a spin on the backstretch on the last lap. NASCAR didn't throw the flag in that instance either, but decided to let the race finish.

I think it was a single car spin in that instance, but it has been done before.

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I just read that Sunoco is upset about Harvick's uniform and helmet prominently displaying the Shell logo. Are you kidding me? I don't recall Unocal throwing a fit years back when there was a Sunoco car out there, or Amoco, Texaco, Citgo, etc. These companies spend millions of dollars every year sponsoring these teams, and I think they can put whatever they want on their cars and uniforms.

14. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Oh please. :rolleyes: Shell is his primary sponsor now. He's not supposed to wear the logo because some other company doesn't like it? :rolleyes: What kind of grounds are they using for this argument?

Poor RCR, also had to deal with Nextel complaining about the Cingular car when ATT bought them.

15. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Sounds like Sunoco needs to just cry more.

16. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    I saw an article in my paper this morning about something new coming out.

Apparently, Harlequine Romance novels are going for a Nascar series and will be pairing up their heroine's with fictional Nascar drivers. I think they have about 9 to 15 books scheduled. LOL, talk about a money maker. :p

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    nascar romance novels?

*shakes head*

So who are your picks for tomorrow? I'm thinking Jeff Gordon.

18. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Who does well at this track? *too lazy to look up* :p

Not sure who to pick. Maybe I'll just stick with Kevin since he's a california boy.

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Harvick historically has struggled at Fontana but he's the hottest driver on the circuit right now, so you never know.

20. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Ugh. sucks that he had a good shot at Kenseth and then blows a tire at the end. :(

21. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Sucks for Harvick. He definitley was catching the 17.

I'm really getting tired of Fox's dumb 3D race coverage. Seriously, what's the point? I will admit that I didn't know who dropkicked David Reutimann and the animation said it was Biffle, which didn't suprise me. But other than that, it really has no point. And why do they show it when the cars are riding around under caution? Seriously, i've seen better graphics on Playstation.

And did you guys notice all of the empty seats? Holy cow. Hey nascar, Rockingham is calling...

22. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    The 3D stuff is a new toy and you know how people like to play with their new toys. I'm hoping they will get over it and just use it for situations like that, where we dont' know exactly what happened. Otherwise it looks meh.

I figured the weather had something to do with the empty seats.

23. Boomer_Athena

Nov 8, 2006
    I'd say the Oscars are probably responsible for a lot of the empty seats, as well.

24. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Who do you guys like for the hopefully improved Vegas? My pick is Kenseth for 2 in a row.

25. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    It could be Kenseth. I see Tony isn't happy with the new "improvments" to the Track. Oh btw what do you think about Montoya crashing his teammate to win in the Busch race?