main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twilight the Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi , Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Have you guys read some of the things the actor that plays Edward has to say about his character and the book?

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTS6LSkL0Y

The German trailer. :p It's so different.

Leia, what did Robert Pattinson have to say?

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    No, can you provide links?

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I am still skeptical about Stewart's ability to portray Bella in the right way. I might not ever get convinced until I see the movie but each time I see a trailer my skepticism mounts.

5. EvilFishy

EvilFishy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    I have a feeling that I may like the movie better than the book. At least this way we won't have to listen to her whine and complain. I'm actually more excited than I thought I was, which is really weird. The fact that my friends and I are making a parody isn't helping either. Anyway, yeah, movie!

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I just now realized that Kellen Lutz plays a stupid jock type dude in "90210".
    Yes, I will admit that I like the new series -- I was hooked on the old and there comes Kellen.
    I don't like him with blond hair. :p

But wow, what a body. =P~

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm so behind 8-} I just learned about the new release from a friend, who promised to go see it with me :D

8. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Has anyone heard if there's going to be a NY premier? I know there's one in LA on Nov. 17...

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I can't wait!! I need to remind everyone about the plans of seeing it.

~PK~

10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Just read it over at bellaandedward.com the final Twilight trailer will release Oct. 9th and in theaters on Oct. 10th.

Link to the article

Or if you don't want to go over there here it is:

Seth has updated Stephenie's site to let everyone know that a new Twilight trailer is expected in theaters on October 10th! There will also be a sneak peek on Entertainment Tonight's website on October 9th!

Summit has let us know that there will be a new, final trailer for TWILIGHT coming soon! It will be debuting in theaters on Friday, October 10th in front of certain movies (it is at the discretion of the individual theaters). There will also be a sneak peak of the new trailer on Entertainment Tonight on Thursday, October 9th. Immediately following the sneak peak, Summit is letting the fans be the first to see the trailer online in its entirety and share it.

He's also stated you can see the trailer first online using the Twilight widget, which you can get here, beginning 8:00 PM PST on October 9th for one hour. It will then be shown on MySpace at 9:00 PM PST in HD.

~PK~

11. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Up, given the new thread. This is apparently not visable enough.

Incidently, saw more clips. Looks good, even if Edward doesn't seem pale enough to me.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Not having read the books, this movie doesn't look very good at all. Covenant looked both similar an slightly more interesting and that movie was terrible (though the telekinetic battle was kinda fun).

13. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Like Harry Potter, it has a built in fan base. The trailer seems designed to show their spins on some of the most important scenes in the book, rather than trying to establish a story in of itself.

This movie, like the boks, will have an easy time generating backlash from people who disdain it out of hand due to subject matter (teen vampire story).

14. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Well that's annoying! This thread wasn't in the Index and didn't come up in the search. The search on this site needs to be improved so it can actually find things!

Anyway, on to the film...

I have seen ALOT of trailers and tv spots and interviews with clips over the last few days (I only last week become a Twilight initiate :p and read the first two books already and am obsessed though I read about the books in the newspaper ages ago.)

I surprise myself when I say, I think it's going to be good. Besides which, the film has the complete endorsement of the AUTHOR, so it can't be too bad. My only thing is that from what I've seen of the trailer, I'm not sure if The film-Bella has alot of passion and emotion. WHen i read the books I felt the love, obsession and loss Bella felt. I hope she does that in the film. IT COULD just be the clips they chose for the trailer.

This movie is CRAZY! I only barely heard of it on a Behind the Scenes Special on SHowcase. All I heard was Vampires that walk around in the day time and I thought "COOL! I Vampire movie". THen I read about the books in the paper and felt bad that I hadn't heard about them. It's like Harry Potter again. The only good thing is I don't have to wait TOO long for the film after reading them.

Anyway...I was under the impression the film was out already, because everyone knew about it, and the actors are famous already, the were on the MTV Movie Awards. WHen I found out it's not even out yet I was surprised. THe solid fan base the film has already is pretty ridiculous. It's nuts!

15. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    I keep squealing everytime I watch the trailer or spot the tv spots on TV... it's so amazing! I wish it was November 21st already. It looks so great and I can't get over how cute Rob and Kirsten are together! [face_love] When they kissed, I was screaming so loud I bet the whole neighborhood could hear it. :p

It looks pretty dark and pretty damn good. I'm probably going to watch the midnight showing and dressing up as a vampire. TEAM EDWARD! [face_love]

16. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Haha Jen!
    I thought of dressing up too (with makeup) but purely for the reason of scaring young teenage girls when they start screeming and I can't hear the film. If they do that I would say "Shut up! Or I will Bite you! And it wont be good..." :p

I don't think so.

By the way I hate you all. We still get the movie on the 12th December :( Too far away!!! Does anyone know why the origianl date for US release was actually made earlier? (That's weird for that to happen).

17. StarWarsFreak444

Mar 28, 2005
    [image=http://www.habitationofjustice.com/wp-content/uploads/simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg]

:p

j/k, Ree [:D]

I bet there will be TONS of screaming in the theater during the movie,especially when Edward's face appears on screen for the first time, I'm prepared for that, hopefully[face_worried]

I love this list that I found on some website that tells you THINGS TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR TWILIGHT. :p

I find it really funny and I might attempt to do some of those things [face_mischief]

___________________________________________________________________________________

1. Bring a cardboard cut-out of Robert with you. Say he's your "date".
    2. Go with several friends. Wear black robes and look sinister. Claim to be the Volturi.
    3. Separate the theater crowd. Team Edward on one side, Team Jacob on the other side, and Team Switzerland in the middle. It can easily be done if you somehow manage to find a big scary dude to get the crowd to cooperate.
    4. Go around the theater and ask everyone questions from the books to see whether they've read them.
    5. Wear plastic fangs. Offer plastic fangs to strangers in the audience.
    6. Throw popcorn at your enemy side from 3.
    7. Shout random spoilers during the movie.
    8. Bring a relatively large dog to the theater and say "its Jacob"
    9. Wait by the door, and when people try to walk in, shove them out and yell "I will not share!!!"
    10. paint yourself in glitter and bring a torch. when the meadow scene comes on, shine it on you and start shouting 'I'M A VAMPIRE I AM I AM!
    11. Sing the 'I am a Vampire' song from Juno when Edward comes on/says he's a vampire.
    12. wear a Robert's mafia badge.
    13. Find the particularly immature fans who are obnoxiously sure of their couples (you know the ones. Those little 12-year-old fans who pitch a fit if you aren't a hardcore Bella/Edward fan) and sit beside them. Loudly voice your opinions on the couple that rivals theirs. i.e., "Jacob is most definitely the more reasonable choice for Bella. Edward is just dangerous." Or "Jacob will imprint on someone and leave Bella. Anyone who thinks they truly have a chance together needs to get their heads out of the clouds."
    14. Get into heated debates with random people on Edward's sexuality.
    15. Shout out "Who's an IMDB Twilighter" in the theater and see how many people yell back.
    16. if your blonde, or have short spikey hair, go really pale and whisper to the person next to you, 'I'm so proud of my brother, its his first movie y'know!'
    17. Bring two podiums and have a random Edward fan and a random Jacob fan debate over the two. Hey, at least it's entertaining!
    18. look at someone as if you're going to eat him or her. start licking your lips and smile evilly.
    19. Wear your fangs and drink cranberry juice out of clear bottles.
    20. play charades and make people guess what book/part they're acting out
    21. go up to the food serving bit and ask for human blood. if they refuse, reply with 'oh fine I'll have animal'
    22. Wear dark black contacts and eye-shadow circles under your eyes. Then stare at people in the theater.
    23. walk up to someone smell him or her and then say "no offense.... but you smell like a DOG!"
    24. Walk up to a stranger and tell you that you have imprinted on them and that they now belong to you, then sit by them the whole time!
    25. Turn to the person next to you and say 'I cant believe she got bit in the end' [only gonna work if the person is a newbie to the series]
    26. Laugh at random moments in the movie especially sad ones exp: movie- "Bella, James is a tracker and he's coming to kill you" you and friends- 'MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ohhhhh that was good'
    27. go to the bathroom
    28. Scream "DOG!" Whenever Jacob appears onscreen
    29. Scream "BLOODSUCKER!" When Edward admits he's a vampire
    30. Scream "Yes! Edward's gonna score!" he and Bella kiss
    31. Where gold eye contacts and say you're Edward's long lost cousin
    32. Use your dog as a space heater when camping outside the theater the night before the movie re

18. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I have a qustion for a twilight expert.

I just downloaded 40 minutes of the audio book because it was free. It seems way to girly for me. Should I, a guy, continue to read the book or will I hate it?

19. StarWarsFreak444

Mar 28, 2005
    Dude, forget being about being a boy,that's just a sterotype...I know tons of guys who loves the book, read the book, you won't regret it, nobody will make fun of you! READ IT!!! You won't be dissapointed! Don't you want to find out why everyone loves it and becomes so crazy when it's even mentioned? Well, you have it in front of you, and I strongly recommend that you continue reading. You can participate in a lot of discussions afterwards and who knows? You'll probably make a few friends. :)

20. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Wow, I was sort of looking for a yes or no. Okay, I'll try and get further and see if it gets my attention more. Thanks StarWarsFreak444. [face_monkey] I like the monkey face, don't judge me.

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I don't think I'll be going opening weekend. My cousin said something about going Thanksgiving weekend. I hope I like it because I have a feeling I'll be dragged by multiple groups of people. But too much fangirlishness drives me crazy, so I'll be avoiding it opening weekend.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Use the Google search field.

23. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, so I finished the exerpt from twilight. I guess it's the first chapter. It ended after Bella's first day of school. Guess what, I'm addicted. I'll head to the library in a day or two and I'll have to go see the movie. I hope you people are happy, I havn't heard the end of it from my brother. [face_plain]

24. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I didn't know Twilight was based on a book series. I've been wanting to see this film, but haven't jumped to it yet. It has that Smallville feel to it, with a mix of Vampire LaStat... Oh, why did I chose Quarantine on a Saturday afternoon instead of this film?

25. StarWarsFreak444

Mar 28, 2005
    [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.