main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UK map of members

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Fal_Zon, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fal_Zon

Fal_Zon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I've been asked to let Welsh members know of the UK map that you can post to. (Currently only Welshguy & Sakara - go Cardif!)

Geographic map of FFUK members

So you can now see where everyone is!!

** IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST then add yourself using the link at the bottom of the map **

Only officialy recognised cities are listed. If there is a sufficient call from members for a large town to be added, then it will be. Just let me know.

2. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    I added my nearest city as Newport (unfortunately), but on the map it brought Newport up nowhere near where Newport actually is.

3. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    Edit: Quite right. My mistake. I didn't know there was two Newports. I used this one from multimap link here.

I will move it tonight.

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    lol. So Newport is in West Wales now is it???

That will come as a shock to all those people trying to get across the Severn Bridge.

5. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    It is. Be it a teeny weeny east coast Newport.

[face_blush] Will take a while for me to live this one down [face_blush]

Which came first?
    Shouldn't the younger one be called Newerport? :D

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    lol. Nice try. Newerport, I like it!

I suppose there are hundreds of Newports around the world, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Just be glad you were only 90 miles or so off, and not a couple of thousand.

7. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    saw this last night and added myself!

8. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    lol i have add my self as newport because that is were i live but i was sure newport was south wales or have i been living a lie for the past 12 years of my life :confused:

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    See above ;)

I suppose it's fair enough, I mean how many of us could point out, say Leeds on a map of England?

Let us not berate our poor confused English brothers and sisters, but let us pitty them and call them names behind their back instead! :)

10. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Actually, I could point out Leeds on a map.

This may or may not be because I went through Birmingham, Derby, Sheffield, Leeds and York yesterday.

11. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    i now the is a load of newports i mean there is in a usa

12. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    Newport has now been moved.

Those pesky litty digits are sure fiddly!!

I had to move Cardiff a bit - to give spacing between cities in case the numbers reach double figures!!!

Is that OK?

13. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Looks more or less right ;)

14. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    how do i add my details?

15. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    Geographic map of FFUKers

There's a link at the bottom of the map.
    Click it and your see a list with a text box (for your FFUK name), a drop down list of cities and a 'add to list' button.

Fill that in and it's done! :)

16. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Added myself to the list, looks like i'm all on my own in Carmarthen :(

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Carmarthen eh? I drove through there yesterday. I particularly enjoyed your A roads.

By the way, something i've always wondered. What is that strange looking building with the high walls. You drive up past it on the way into the town. It kind of looks like a cross between a cast;e, boarding school and prison.

18. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Welshguy posted on 7/24/05 4:17pm
    Carmarthen eh? I drove through there yesterday. I particularly enjoyed your A roads.

By the way, something i've always wondered. What is that strange looking building with the high walls. You drive up past it on the way into the town. It kind of looks like a cross between a cast;e, boarding school and prison.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I think you mean the old council building, does it have flags outside it? You should have given me a call, could have hung out for a hour or something, although there isnt anything to [i]do[/i] in carmarthen. :-\

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Plus I don't know your phone number, or knew that you lived in Carmarthen, or really know you for that matter!

You could be an axe weilding psycho for all I know.

Why do people always "weild" an axe? Why not an ace chopping psycho, or an axe swinging psycho?

Anyway, I digress. I'm sure there must be something there to do for an hour. Remember, I live in the Rhondda Valley, so anywhere that has more than one street is big news to me!

20. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Welshguy posted on 7/26/05 4:01pm
    Plus I don't know your phone number, or knew that you lived in Carmarthen, or really know you for that matter!

You could be an axe weilding psycho for all I know.

Why do people always "weild" an axe? Why not an ace chopping psycho, or an axe swinging psycho?

Anyway, I digress. I'm sure there must be something there to do for an hour. Remember, I live in the Rhondda Valley, so anywhere that has more than one street is big news to me!
    [hr][/blockquote]

We have more than one street, we have many streets huzzah! And I dont have a axe, and i'm not a psycho for that matter. And I think 'wielding' sounds more threatening than 'chopping' or 'swining'. Wielding has that 'I'm going to hit you in the face with this ducking axe' feel to it. :D

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Thats a good point. The word "Weild" does sound a lot more threatening than swing or hold.

You "weild" a lightsaber, you don't "swing" one.

I see your point.

More than one street you say! Well i'll be! What a wonderful, modern age we live in.

22. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Welshguy posted on 7/26/05 4:33pm

More than one street you say! Well i'll be! What a wonderful, modern age we live in.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Do you have television where you are? Or are you still on the good 'ol wireless?

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh, you mean the picture box. Yes, we have one of those.

But my mother doesn't let us watch it much as she doesn't like all these strangers coming into her home and seeing all her business, which is fair enough I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.