main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Unofficial Memphis EU Board.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Wow you guys are giving it pretty hard to Jason. I didn't think it was that bad.

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Have you guys seen the updated Release Schedule?

Mace is getting his own book! A new Pre NJO book is coming out, Tatooine Ghost.

3. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Please Lord no!! Not Jacen!!! :( Maybe if he had a hockey mask and machete! He can't be the chosen one, he's just too dang ....hmmm can't find the right word. But you guys know what I'm talkin' about!!! :p

Wait a minute!!! Maybe the blue Gap dress with the stain will fulfill the prophecy!!! Maybe Jacen will wear the dress like the sissy that he is!!! :)

4. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Yeah I saw about Mace's book should be cool, and there is going to be another one about Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto if I'm not mistaken. Tat Ghost is going to be awesome, its a han leia book in between courtship and the Zahn trilogy. Looking forward to these.

5. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    "Tatooine's Ghost" to be released on February 2, 2003.

Anybody else pumped for a new EU book!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Besides me and Traci??? :)

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I CANNOT wait for Tatooine Ghost it is gonna rock!!!

I want the new NJO book also. When does it come out?

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I thought the new NJO book comes out Feb 1st. I know I saw it listed in Insider somewhere.

8. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    New book all out Wookiees!! (It's about time too!) A Forest Apart comes out next month. Too bad it's in ebook format.

9. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    You guys will have to excuse my ignorance of the whole EU subject, the last EU book I read was the Courtship of Princess Leia and that was when it first came out. Help me out, which book would be a good one to start back into the EU with?

I've read:

The last command
    Courtship of Leia
    Shadows of the Empire
    ...that's all I can remember

10. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Tatooine Ghost is about to come out, it happens right after courtship of princess leia, read the Zahn trilogy, all the x-wing books, read I jedi, the jedi academy trilogy, and then start on the New jedi order series. Of course this is only my suggestion.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Tim is right. Go for the Zahn Trilogy and his "Hand of Thrawn" Duology first. The X-wing series is a must-read. If it's Zahn, Stackpole, or Allston, you can't go wrong.

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant - FEB. 1st BABY!!!!! :D :D

Fess up, Chris....can/do you ever get the books early? ;)

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah Chris!!! ;)

BTW, I heard Tatooine Ghost ahd been pushed back to Mar 3. ???

Yay! Feb 1st!!!!

14. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Tatooine Ghost did get moved back, on Monday!! Dangit!!! March 4 is the new release date.

The NJO Remnant comes out on Feb. 4!!
    (All books, DVD's, Cd's come out on Tuesdays, I don't know why!!!)

Get books early??? What do you mean??? (Well, read them yes, but you can't technically "own" them until the release date!! They're really strict on those dates!!!!!)

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Where'd you dig up that old fossil......er, thread? [face_laugh]

I'm slipping guys - I had no idea that Reunion was out until I saw it by chance in Wal-Mart yesterday, LOL.

Only 2 more books until the end of the NJO? This is starting to feel like waiting for Ep. III.....they've got a LOT of explaining to do!

FYI - book release schedule: http://www.theforce.net/books/bookschedule.shtml

And.....OMG, OMG, OMG.......Timothy Zahn is writing a new Luke & Mara book?!?!? [face_shocked] *swoon* <jumping up and down> *faints* [face_love]

ignore the Zahn/L&M junkie on the floor......

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Reunion is awesome. Troy Denning is writing a post NJO triliogy. Out in Oct of '05.

17. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    I tend to avoid the NJO. They're so... self-destructive. In my mind, the series ended with the Young Jedi Knights series.

I agree with Zahn's superiority. The best are the trilogy and Duo. I found something special by digging back, though, and enjoying Splinters of the Mind's Eye. I managed to procure a vintage copy--first year it came out in 1978. Still in good condition! Great read.

Also, I have something of a weak spot for... Oh, what was that trilogy? Jedi Academy Trilogy. Kyp and Tionne and Dorsk 81 were definately wonderful.
    The most confusing book by far was the one about the singing crystals trapped in machines and a phantom sickness. I never quite understood or liked that one. (Not Truce at Bacura. Anyone got a name?)

*Joy

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, I think I've just hit rock bottom. Somebody talk me down off this ledge.

I just bypassed the last three NJO books for some Prequel fare (Cloak of Deception, Approaching Storm, Darth Maul: Shadowhunter), which I have enjoyed tremendously.

But now I just starting reading The Courtship of Princess Leia. I think I have sunk to a new literary low. Next I'll be reading Children of the Jedi if someone doesn't have an intervention soon.

If I do get that far, and I do read COTJ, and I start liking Callista, and I die.... I'm coming back to haunt all of you. Stop me now....please!

19. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Courtship of Princess Leia wasn't that bad. Don't worry, you're falling towards the darkside. Embrace it.

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Joy: I don't remember reading anything about crystals in a machine....or if I did, I've forgotten it.

And I don't think I read all of the COPL, either. I'm a wimp. If it's boring, I don't waste my time on it. [face_blush]

Anyone else reading the NJO besides Rhonda and me? Anyone have a frickin' clue where this story line is going, LOL?

I finally plowed my way through Reunion and only have one thing to say:

PELLEAON FOR PRESIDENT!!! :D

21. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Pelleaon was pretty cool. I still wish they would have killed Jacen and kept Anakin around. Oh, and have ya'll heard about Fett being in the last NJO book?!?!?!?!? Cool stuff!!! :D

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I can't stand Jacen. They should have wasted his butt a long time ago, like back in Vector Prime. They should have saved Anakin and Chewie and eighty-sixed the little git.

As for The Courtship of Princess Leia, it was the first time I've ever said "BULL$#!%" aloud while reading a book. The book is horribly written. It's so....I dunno... just....BS.

Luke is made out to be almost like an all-powerful Jedi-god. The have him survive a free-fall into atmosphere by ejecting from his X-wing and floating via the Force down to the surface, sans parachute. If I remember correctly, Obi-Wan and Anakin both have mentioned that they couldn't jump from certain heights without killing themselves, even with the aid of the Force. (Granted, Luke is a little more of a bad-@$$ monk in this one, which is kinda cool.)

Han is discovered to be the King of Correllia by Threepio, who uses this fact to try to convince her to choose Solo over the Legolas-wanna-be, Prince Isolder. (Prince Isolder's Diary: Day 43- "I'm still pretty!")

The whole beginning of the thing with Tenenial Djo is remniscent of Sheena- Queen of the Jungle. Even Tanya Roberts would turn this one down, I'm sure.

Tenenial and Luke can understand Artoo....via the Force. That's the most BS I've ever heard.

OK....the only good thing about CoPL.....

The Witches of Dathomir. That's it. The only really interesting point in the book.

So, with less than 100 pages to go, I'm sure I'll be uttering "BS" a few more times.

23. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    CoPL wasn't my fav, but I did enjoy it. The only SW book that I really dislike was Traitor! I suffered through 100 pgs and finally quit reading!! It makes CoPL look like Shakespeare!!! :p

24. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    CoPL wasn't my fav, but I did enjoy it. The only SW book that I really dislike was Traitor! I suffered through 100 pgs and finally quit reading!! It makes CoPL look like Shakespeare!!! :p

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    OMG - I loved Traitor! At first it was just fun seeing Jacen suffer [face_devil], but then I started to like him once he grew up a little. Now they're writing him as a wuss again...too bad...he had potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.