main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Up coming events

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jackboot, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    New York Comiccon is cominf up. I think it's the 23-25 of Febuary. Nice list of guests including Stan Lee and Stephen King. I know that Karen would like to meet him.

Who's up for it? I will be going with Charles. Link to site below.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    For those of you going to NY Comic Con who are also Rebel Legion or 501st, make sure to check your respective Base or Garrison sites as there are opportunities for volunteering and getting comped tickets, etc.

~Doc_Bev

3. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    As much as I would LOVE to go to New York City for this event, even if I didn't have to pay for tickets, or had a discounted rate, the hotel and gas costs ALONE for getting down there would break the bank for me. I would LOVE to go as Peter Mayhew is going to be there as well and what better way to get a Star Wars inteview for my podcast again. HMMM, how much are you guys paying for a hotel room? Would you be splitting the cost? I would REALLY have to talk the wife into this one as we are already putting serious money into my Mando costume at this point. But, if it's not going to be more than $100 to $200 total, I may be able to swing it. :)

4. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I'm replying to myself. I can't go now. Our washer just started to crap out and we're going to need to save the money for a washer for the family now. Bummer!!

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    PM me whats wrong with your washer, remember Im married to Tim the tool man ;)

6. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    New York Comiccon is cominf up. I think it's the 23-25 of Febuary. Nice list of guests including Stan Lee and Stephen King. I know that Karen would like to meet him.

Who's up for it? I will be going with Charles. Link to site below.

WAHOO!!!! heeheeh..I just may have to go..just for Stephen!!! Hope I can swing the cash...we can carpool and split costs!!!

7. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Sounds good to me. I will be going.

Ok another event is coming up. The St Paddies day parade in Syracuse. It is on the 17th March. I will not be able to go because I am playing in the NYC parade. Who is up for it? Go to the Syracuse boards to sign up.

Sorry I have been a bit inactive, I have been busy.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    the St pattys parade Ian is right on the 17th.

I was going to organise it if I can actually get an interest LOL ;)

9. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Congratulatiosn & Good luck this weekend to Jackboot!=D= [face_good_luck]

10. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Thank you
    I survived!!

11. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    I don't know if any of you got my email or not. But, I'm proposing that we postpone this Sunday's meetings as Ian can't make it, I won't have a car and can't make it and it just seems logical to postpone it and have it later this month. Also, I sent all of you the "What If..." questions that we would either cover at the next meeting or the next couple of meetings.

Thanks,
    Bob

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Jackboot, I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty to look at the pictures Darren took at your wedding. VERY NICE! The Bride looks beautiful, Congratulations again. So how long did you go beardless? ;) is it back yet?

13. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    T_StarFlyer
    that is fine it was a fairly public event. Mary (my wife) made her dress, the cake, the invitations, and did a lot for the wedding. I just arranged and paid for things. She is a very talented woman.
    Thabk you

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    WOW. that cake looked awesome, i agree very tallented

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Sorry I missed your special day :( Im still under the weather and am just now online to post my congrats ;)
    if you get a chance post some pics :)

Congratulations again!!!! [:D]

16. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    This is for al that missed my wedding

http://www.rochesterfandom.com/phpBB2/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=35960
    http://www.cis.rit.edu/content/view/107/49/

Special thanks to Daren and Nicky and my father for taking so many great pictures!

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow, you both look soo happy and the cake looked amazing!

Im glad you both enjoyed your special day! Congrats!

Now I owe you both dinner over here for missing it :)

18. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    Grins..I wish I had made the wedding too....You and Mary look so happy..so in love. Mary's dress is stunning Charles....you look handsome...Ian too!! It was a great day too by the looks of it.

I wish you both long happy days and long happy nights well into the future:D

19. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Up coming events

From NICKY

Don't have too many details yet, but Excelsior got an invite to a few interconnected upcoming events and I wanted to make sure that Bingo had the chance to participate if they're able.

The main event is Dickson's Halloween Event in Auburn on Oct 27th-28th. It is a community event to raise money for Diabetes. Peter Mayhew is scheduled to attend and Kenny Baker is pending. Several of us participated in her 2005 event (she didn't do one in 2006) which had a couple other SW guests. Here's the photo ablum from that one: http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=17008

In conjunction with the Halloween event, Mrs. Dickson would like to have costumed characters in a few upcoming parades to advertise the fall event.

The first parade is in Cicero this Saturday June 9th. Strawbary has let Mrs. Dickson know that she might be able to provide a couple characters for that one.

The 2nd parade is in Owasco on the 4th of July and the 3rd is Labor Day in Skaneateles, NY (also Dragon*Con weekend)

That's all the details so far...

FROM VICKY. this one is this Saturday and I know I can't make it.

I just got the call this morning regarding a parade appearance if you can post this in your forum and see who can do it at the last minute that wouyld be great!
    We can all hang at my place afterwards if everyone wants

here is what I posted in my forum. you can copy, edit, paste whateveryou need with the info

I recieved a phone call this morning regardign the Cicero Festival Parade.
    Yes I know this is very very short notice however we have been asked to march in the parade.

what I have so far (more info this afternoon)
    Is:
    Parade line up is at 5:45 pm in Cicero. Parade steps off at 6 pm. they have a 12 ft float we will march alongside.
    There is a festival right after the parade that should be alot of fun.

Signed up for this so far we have:
    Yoda
    Vader
    Anakin
    and a Jedi

anyone else interested? If you do not have a costume and would like to walk along side the float in SCJ Tshirts and pass out flyers and candy thats ok too. Just post here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help out! This is great exposure for us and hopefully can get us back on track. Its in our own backyard

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hey I was hoping this parade would have a thread on its own so everyone would see it in time ;
    however I am posting an update in here in case any last minute stragglers want to come. We need non costumed help as well. If anyone wants to make the trek up they are welcome to crash at my place we are having a bon fire and grilling afterwards so, the more the merrier!

I am going to copy and paste what I posted in the Syracuse Forum :

ok, Tomorrow we will need to meet up on the corner of Crabtree road and Route 11 in cicero by 5:15pm.There is a plaza on that corner with a liquor store in it thats now closed. thats the landmark you should be looking for.
    If you need to suit up please adjust your arrival time accordingly. We need to be on the float and ready to go by 5:45 pm. Parade starts at 6 pm.

We are Float # Red 68 so if you get lost ask for that one and people can direct you.

yoda and I are carpooling so we have 4 traveling with us. If there is anyone who need a ride please let me know.
    We still need non costumed help to walk along the float in case any tyhing happens with costumes etc and pass out candy and coloring books. (this is the one parade we can hand out stuff)

So if you want to help out it would be greatly appreciated. There is about 11 people costumed all together for this on the float including the promotors costumes.

I am told the following costumes are:
    Vader
    Yoda
    Anakin
    Ewoks
    Oompa Loompa
    Cousin IT
    Munchkins (3)
    Wicked Witch

She is still currently looking for Harry Potter Costumes if any last minute stragglers can make it.
    Contact me on my cell for those of you who need it pm me I can send that along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.