main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Anybody got the word on this "The Day After Tomorrow" movie I've seen posters for? By the makers of ID4?

Looks like a global warming disaster movie, but I've got a soft spot for ID4 and you never know... :D

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    From IMDB

Plot Outline: A climatologist tries to figure out a way to save the world from abrupt global warming. He must get to his young son in New York, which is being taken over by a new ice age.

Nothing to do with ID4, but it looks cool all the same...

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just as long as it doesn't turn in to a greenie flick. :p As much as I agree with the importance of being environmentally friendly, I don't think we need another film ramming it down our throats. Looks like it might spare us that though if we're lucky.

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    From the preview in front of The Butterfly Effect, It looks like (and no offence to any US ppl who read here) another 'Americans save the day' film... Just the way the Ad shows it..

Doesnt mean its going to be bad of course, just how it looked..

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Thanks for the word, Sith. :D

While we're talking about it (okay, really since Stinky_Jawa mentioned it :D ) I actually didn't mind The Butterfly Effect too much. The backstory and the actual how of Ashton's flipping through alternate realities left a bit to be desired, I agree, but I actually was too engrossed in the actual permutations of the lead character's different lives to notice...I don't think it quite deserved the drubbing it got. :?

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I'm going to get a Tshirt printed with the new Batman symbol on it that Katarnym posted on the last page:

[image=http://members.dodo.com.au/~narsil/Batmanbegins.jpg]

Anyone else want one? I'll see if we can get a group deal or something.

And yes, I do know I'm a Batgeek, pointing this out will only result in a huge sarcastic "well duh!" from me :)

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm not much of a batgeek but I like the look of that. If you want some numbers for a group deal, I wouldn't mind grabbing one.

8. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

If there are any Harry Potter fans out there, the trailer for the next movie is out now. It's been on just about every news report on tv so far.

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    That's one movie I'm really looking forward to. I was never interested in Harry Potter until we got the first movie out on DVD for the kids and discovered that we actually liked it ourselves. Since then I've read all the books (including the ones written for comic relief).
    I saw the teaser trailer a few months ago. I'll have to check out the new full trailer.

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Hey, Kart...I notice that the next trailer for S2 is out...heh heh heh :D :D

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    They had to get permission to use my likeness, you know :D

12. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    You know I rib you for this all the time bud, but man if they didnt you could screw them out of hudereds of thousands of $$$$$$, you know that don't you!!! :D

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I know ... I'm still waiting for the cheque from seabiscuit. :D

14. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I didn't realise it until last night (the preview trailer popped up during 24), but Kill Bill Volume 2 is out this month. Can't wait for that one.

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    That's a film we're gonna be waiting to see session number 1 on the release date, I've heard some great things from the test screenings last month.

And if you want to see what the new Batmobile is gonna look like, the official site has a new clickable link on the logo.

Definitely not what I was expecting, but it looks like they're going in a Frank Miller direction with the designs.
    Looking good...

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've always been more partial to sleek looking cars so the Tim Burton one suits my tastes better than a huge chunky version. Should be interesting to see how the whole film turns out. Will this film have any link with the other 4 films or is it a completely new take?

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Completely new, that is, back to what Batman originally was in the comics.

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Hmmm...looks like Bats is driving a used car this time...shades of a Colonial Marines APC, anyone?

(Not that I mind.) :D

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Kinda makes sense, and going with the new level of realism many comic book movies are being treated with nowadays.
    It also fits very closely with the comic designs that resparked Batman's cinema entry in 1989, The Dark Knight Returns.
    I'm liking this film more and more every time I see and hear something about it, it really seems on track with the original Batman character.

20. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Anyone looking forward to Hellboy?

21. tenacious_dee

tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    yeah but we won't get it till september

22. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    anyone else looking 4ward to Alien Vs Predator?

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I am, but I'm really not expecting anything special. Much more interesting I'll bet will be the inevitable merchandise tie-ins and possibly another game, but you know what they say, you can never have too many Gieger Alien models about the house...

24. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Yay!,,, how happy can ya get :)

Episode III Release Dates Announced
    April 05, 2004

The circle will at last be complete when Star Wars: Episode III is released to theaters in the United States and Canada, with a near-simultaneous release around the world, on Thursday, May 19, 2005. In Japan, Episode III will be released in July, the traditional month for Star Wars premieres.
    Exact information for other countries outside of the U.S. and Canada will be coming shortly, so keep checking starwars.com for full details as May 2005 approaches.

In North America, May has been the traditional release date for Star Wars films since the first movie in 1977. The North American release dates for the previous films in the Star Wars saga are:

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope - May 25, 1977
    Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back - May 21, 1980
    Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi - May 25, 1983
    Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace - May 19, 1999
    Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones - May 16, 2002

25. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Meh, I may buy the DVD when it comes out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.