main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

USA vs. IRAQ: part III (Official Iraq thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Cheveyo, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    But I'd appreciate if those nations going after him would just state their reasons plain and simple.

They have, repeatedly.

Iraq is to cooperate and disarm immediately and completely.

If they don't, war is the only plausible course of action left.

If we have to go to war, Saddam and his people are gone.

If he abides by the cease-fire treaty and the resolutions against him, we will not invade.

It's all up to Saddam.

2. darthkevin954

darthkevin954 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    I object to your superiority complex over middle easterners. They are just as cultured and advanced as we are. They need a dictator no more than Germany did 60 years ago.

3. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    "You know, in every other English-speaking country, french fries are called chips."

Hahaahahhaha! Rock! I'm all for it, Che.

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    but then what do you call chips? soccer?

5. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    "Soccer" is Football to me.

"Football" is a sport played by wusses who wear too much padding, and have to stop after each play. Try running on a field almost non-stop for 45 minutes at a time. And the myth that soccer is wussy? Well, I don't know about you, but big sweaty guys bumping into each other then slapping each other's butts doesn't seem to manly.

6. SnorreSturluson

SnorreSturluson Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    still think of fries as pommes fritz, thanks to living in Germany for 3 years. Confuses the hell out of the cashier at McDonalds.

It´s not "pommes fritz" (although it´s spelled like this) it´s "pommes frittes" ;).

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Soccer is real football - a tough sport to play too, very hard on endurance. You should watch Australian Rules - I personally can't stand it but these guys hit each other at twice the speed of your NFL guys WITHOUT padding! :eek:

E_S

8. TOUCHPUMP

TOUCHPUMP Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    Yeah soccer is a real tough sport. Like we have never seen a Euro mullet fake an injury ;)

I had to get that in before this thread is closed.

9. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Chips, now that has a good ring to it. I think it would go over here in the U.S. if people could get past the fact that potato chips here are the ones you get out of the bag. :)

I've eaten fish and chips in England, and I have to say they're pretty darned good.

10. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Does anybody find it funny that our version of 'football' has very little to do with feet? I think we should rename it and call 'soccer', 'football'. I think it'd make a lot more sense that way. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.