main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC VCE Exams are here! Are you prepared?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Okay, so after accounting for Meso-probability, I must investigate the stereo's in isomers of butane...

Yes, I must do my Chemistry exam on Tuesday!

And as I examine the macrophage's phagocytic effects on pathogen agents, I will be primed for Wednesday, when I sit my Biology Mid-year!

And then of course, the favoured hang-over cure for most VCE students, the infamous GAT!

Anyone else going to take the '40 minute' GAT challenge? ;)

2. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I love humanities. Thanks to them I have no mid-years besides the GAT. To study for that I believe I'll count how many oranges out of six I have after I eat two. Then I'll plan my essay on "if dog's could talk".

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    My study will consist of going to the cricket and getting totally and utterly rinsed.

Remember, you MUST know how to interpret some stupid sketch painting, and be able to say if some small grandma character in the background had 'milk or juice' for breakfast.

Ah....the GAT...written by bong-heads since 1997...

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    My study consisted of studying the physics of electric motors in cars that travel 800km to Canberra, then investigating sound waves from loud fireworks, and finally rediscovering the beauty of electronics in a Nintendo 64.

Physics is all around us, embrace it! ;)

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Welll I did Chemistry today, and it was intense, I failed to account for Meso, but I think apart from that I did alright.

Apart from most other students, a few who I feel sorry for, cos they are probably topping themselves right about now.

So how is everyone else?

6. jedi_Knight_dore

jedi_Knight_dore Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    hell yeah iam ready for my exams i did them all last year.
    good luck to every1 doing it the gat is weak as piss.
    a past vce student

7. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Starting to get just a little nervous about physics...still have to write up my sheet of notes for it. I did a trial exam and got 74/90 for it, but I intend to get at least 80 on the real one, providing they don't throw any tricky questions that aren't on any of the trial exams (though it happens EVERY time with EVERY exam).

8. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    Theres A question on every test that I always get stuck on I Just Don't Get it!

Name:

Whats with that?

9. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I survived my Psychology exam today, and my Drama SAC this afternoon. Did my performance last night. Now all I need is the results. Media SAC tomorrow arvo (Wednesday), then the GAT. Did the GAT last year, so I know what to expect.

Oh yeah, and despite the fact that I missed nearly all of first term due to my back operation, I managed to catch up and get ahead, and won myself an award. :D

10. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I think that's worthy of a beer. ;)

Best of luck to everyone doing exams tomorrow, and if you're worried about the GAT, just remember PoT's advice and take the 40 minute GAT challenge. ;)

11. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    Wow that GAT was damned easy.

The question I did for writing task 2 was the challange and risks question. I think I did pretty well on the Writing sections.

The only question I guessed on was the damn L-Shape to make a Square question. I just guessed 12. Everything else was easy.

How did you guys all go?

12. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    It was 12...quite simple once you think about it:

3 squares in each shape
    12 shapes
    12*3=36

36 is a square number. ;)

I think I did fairly well on it...finished in about 2 hours 15 minutes, then spent a bit of time revising my essays, so about 2.5 hours all up. I chose the advances and risks topic (second last one). Compared to yesterday's Physics exam, this thing was an absolute bloody cakewalk. :D

13. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    Excellent. It's all proceeding as I have forseen. How about that painting? Did you notice that it was the same one from Ferris Bueller's Day Off which Cameron stares at for like 5 minutes?

I noticed that a few of the multiple choice questions depended on your own point of view and would have differed from student to student.

Overall a good GAT. The first Writing task seemed overwhelming at first glance but was very easy once you started to write it.

Which Writing Task 2 question did you do Hawk?

14. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I chose the advances and risks topic (second last one).

:p

I haven't seen FBDO for quite some time, so I hadn't noticed it. A lot of them would have depended on your point of view though, you're right about that. Some were just ridiculously easy...all it required was reading directly from a table.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I also did the advances and risk one...the only other person I know in my year level to of done it, almost churned out an identical essay to me!!

Did you guys make reference to Galieao as well? I think this GAT was one of the most pointless exercises in history, beating the former champion, GAT 2001.

And Reign, the ambiguous questions to which you refer are the ones which the Government and VCAA are using to profile us all, working out who is going to be the next political revolutionary, who the next serial killer...Big Brother is watching!!!

So did anyone else take the challenge like me? I failed, only managed to finish in 68 minutes, quite an extensive loss.... :(

16. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    GAT day 2002

*in an innocent shirley temple voice*

Rogue got out of bed this morning, very tired and looking forward to his big GAT event. The birds were out in force and eye candy was aplenty as he marched to school to sit the big (insignificant and pointless) exam. After studying the apples and oranges questions - the novelty of which will never cease to exist - he sat down to embrace the wonderful writing tasks on water pollution and something to do with public liability insurance.... The fish were strong and forceful... After an hour and 20 minutes of furious (useless) writing, he had finished his exam and drifted for the next hour, pleading with examiners via eye contact to let him go. Eventually, he was released having written the biggest load of crap and taking punts on the "multiple guess" questions. All was once again right in the land of Rogue

17. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    The GAT was easier then last year! I finished it with an hour to spare! Talk about lots of spare time!

18. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    An hour? Not too shabby...finished with 45 minutes to spare, but left only half an hour early. I feel ashamed now, I took so long. :p

19. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Hell yes it was! I had 1/2 an hour to spare (not as good as you guys, but im only yr 11)

20. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    For Year 11, that's not too bad. I stuffed up my GAT last year because I had no bloody clue what I was doing, but I think I did a fair bit better this year. :D

21. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    In the practice GAT a few weeks ago I had about 5 blanks that I had to multiple guess. Todays was just plain easy in comparison.

22. _Holocron_

_Holocron_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2002
    GAT = God Awful Task

It was a joke when I did it years ago and it sounds like it is just as bad now.

EDIT: maybe that should be Generally Amusing task? ;)

23. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    GAT= Gods Avenge Torture

I had to wait until the end to leave. They wouldn't let anyone leave. :_|

24. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    LOL...the official rules are that you can leave 30 minutes after writing time begins. I was sorely tempted to. ;)

25. _Holocron_

_Holocron_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2002
    do they still have the rule that you can't leave in the last 30 mins either?

man, if you didn't finish early, THAT was annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.