main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ALL READ THIS!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    If you have all read the thread detailing Mistress' resignation you'll know what I am talking about. However there are some other issues I'd like to discuss.

For the election you all have one week to think and discuss nominee's. Then a meeting has to be called and the new CR voted on. And you can't vote over the internet about this either. It has to be at an actual meeting.

If you fail to do this I have to take over temporary CRship and reconsider if this area should be an official chapter. You need to have a meeting at least once a month to continue to be an official chapter when stuff like this comes up.

On that note, I'd like to ask when you last official meeting was???

That is all.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Both Rachel and I will second and third the nomination for Mac. Joo go boy.

Talked to Mistress about this a couple days ago before she resigned, and everything's cool -- RL and other priorities take precedence. Such is life, no?

As for last official meeting? I'd say...February? Most of us were meeting on an almost weekly basis during the crazy C3 costume rush, so we figured a real meeting wasn't required.

My thoughts on keeping the chapter -- I think we should. With people in Ordway and La Junta, and us not always being able to make it to a Denver meeting, keeping the chapter would still give us all a place to meet -- we just need to get more regular on having official meetings down here, rather than everyone hanging out and whatnot. I know it's a little weird with us quasi-members that move between the RMFF and SCFF, but there are a handful of people that can only make it to SCFF meetings.

In the future, I'd like to see the chapter become more than what it has been. It's suffered from extreme turnover for the last couple of years, with only a few regulars, and a couple new people that have really helped the group move along.

3. DarthDallas182

DarthDallas182 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    I'm a little concerned that by the time i get my drivers license and am able to get out of my house on a regular basis to go to meetings and what not, this chapter may be non-existant... i would like to see it stick around for a while longer so i/other newcomers could take advantage of it and what not.

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I would also like to see this chapter continue and flourish. I thought I had the time to help it happen, but I dont.

Mac, if you want to take over on an interim basis until we can have an election, joo go boy. :D

I think I can say that C3 and the prep for the movie have really taken a toll on me, heck on a lot of us. Just dont have any more to give. Sorry.

Not like I'm dropping off the face of the earth or anything. Just off the net, lol.

Later this Summer, Lord Zoom and I would like to take another look at MissTiny...We'll need help with that, I'm sure...costuming will go wild, blah blah blah.

So anyway, take the reins LordBirrer. Dont crash the bus. :p

5. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    As for Thom and I...we would like to see the Southern Colorado group stay. We are new and haven't actually been to any official meetings but we have enjoyed being a part of this board.

Zoom and RDT - we really enjoyed our costuming night at your place - I don't know if that could be a Meeting or not but the time and place worked great for us. It would be hard for us to commit to a set weekend each month because we are frequently out of town. But we will come to what we can! :)

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Our place will always be open. No worries about that. :)

Maybe we should just have a floating weekend? Each month we can just decide when to meet -- be it any day of the week for that matter -- doesn't have to be a weekend, ya know?

7. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    We'd be willing to host a "meeting" from time to time in Ordway (for these brave enough to travel to the outer rim...).

8. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    By the way... What constitutes a meeting?

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Three or more people getting together. That's a meeting. I'll challenge anyone who says differently.

Two people doesn't cut it. Three is the minimum for a vote.

10. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Jyro's right, three peeps min.

I, for one, want you guys to stick around. You guys are always visiting us on our boards, and I know some of us have been up here. But I also know you guys do a ton of stuff with the RMFF.

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    If this group doesn't stick around that means everyone has to go to Denver for ANYTHING. That would be a bummer.

12. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I'm Sorry I must have missed something, What exactly happened?? I haven't been off the boards that long. All of the sudden we might lose our chapter, NOT on my watch. Let me know what needs to get done, And I will see to it. Later Days...

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Rav...We're not in danger of losing the chapter -- just discussing reasons to keep it.

I agree with JK -- granted, most stuff happens in Denver anyway just because we can have a greater show of force. Not bashing the boys up north, but it takes a lot of arm twisting to get people to drive farther south than mile marker 192 for events, so in the past we've only had a couple. LOL.

If we want *anything* to happen down here in the future, we need to keep the tiny little half-poured foundation we already have, so I really doubt the SCFF is in any danger of getting gobbled up.

14. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    I agree with ravloc I think that we need to do anything to keep this chapter open even if we have to make some changes. As far as I can remember when we had to be somewhere we always went be it denver or springs. We have shown dedication to the cause. I think that other should to

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

Also I am not tring to make people angry just tring to tell how I feel. PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, Alestor, maybe you could give a list of ideas you have and let us know why you should be elected??

Personally I don't want to see this chapter dissapear. (remeber I'm a Southern Colorado person too) But there haven't been any official meeting in a long while. Granted, getting ready for CIII was a big job, but you all need to know that official meetings is what keeps a chapter running. Getting together to costume once a week doesn't count because no official details are discussed.

So when is the next meeting??? Where we can vote?

16. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    I don't remember throwing my hat in the mix of things.
    I never said that i wanted to be cr. I was just agreeing with Ravloc, but if you didn't read that maybe you should read my post again!
    I also third the nomination for Zac

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

17. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    I think that we should be more worried about people posting!!!! no one cares where we have the meeting besides Ravloc, Zoom and I of course. I am a little mifed about this. People want this chapter to be open and no one posts about where the meeting should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XI

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    it will be ok alestor. no need to panic ;)

and sarah said the interim CR thing was ok at the chairty premiere. so your stuck with me for a few more weeks at least.

19. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    thanks birr (takes a deep breath)

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

20. deathlikescats

deathlikescats Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    *pokes head in*

I LIIIIVE!!!!

*coughs* well, now that that's been said, I'm interested in staying with the separation. Makes more sense to have the division, since we're SO far from Denver. So yea.

stuff...
    and things...

Keep me posted for when the next meeting is and where (via here of course) and i'm good for Mac (or Zachariah ;>) being C.O.

... Just so long as we DO stuff.

Kim H.

21. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Well as far as I know Mac iss the standing cr till we vote for a new one. I heard this from Jedi Girl of Corellia. So untill we vote we are under the conrtol of Mac. All hale Mac.(LOL)

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I LIIIIVE!!!!

Yay you live.

Now...what kind stuff should we do? Renfest? State Fair (I think I'm going to Bubonicon during the Fair, though...if Defcon doesn't tap me out)? More costume stuff?

I'm still taking a break from all my stuff -- kinda nice having a clean house. LOL.

But in a week or two I might be up for making things again.

23. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I've never been to the CO Ren Fest but I just looked at their site and I think June 18th or 19th looks pretty cool...or July 23rd or 24th...hmmm....

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Either of those weekends are good. We can be pirates!!!

YAAARRRGH!

25. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Well Shiver me timbers. Yarrgh. AAAAAAAAHHHHH I am not too sure about the Pirate idea but sounds kool.
    What are we going to do for the Fair this year?
    any ideas?

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.