main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Video Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I picked up the LOTR Return of the King game for the X-Box the other day and man is it sweet. This is the kind of game I just love...Straight ahead Butt-Kicking action! It is better than the Two Towers game because you have 3 different paths to take and alot more characters to play. You are Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Sam and Frodo. The sound is fantastic and so are the cut scenes. I highly recomend this game to everyone. On a scale of 10 I give it a 9 1/2.

Another cute game is available on the Matrix website and it's called the Matrix Arcade game. The best way to describe it is Pacman with a Kick! It is a highly addictive game and I play it alot at work, It's just like an old Atari game. :)

EDIT by Krash: reset button pushed

2. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Playing at work eh? Dock that man a days pay for nappin' on the job! I bought the GTA/Vice City for Xbox and love it, nothing like blowing up a line of cars with a bazooka or chasing after bikini clad women with a chainsaw! Also got True Crime which is a GTA knockoff with better graphics. I am really disappointed with Rebel Strike for GC, the levels are either too easy or too repetitive and difficult. I am hoping that Kim picks up Jedi Academy for my Xmas present, it's killing me not to go pick it up right now, I am not a man who can wait when it comes to getting movies, music, games or Star Wars stuff!

3. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Being the 33yr. old brat that I am , I just could not wait anymore and told Kim to scratch Jedi Academy off her Xmas list for me. I picked it up,(after trading in Counter-Strike...BORRRINNNNG!),and so far I love it. You create your Padawan from a list of creatures, make your sabre and head to Yavin 4 to begin. The multiplayer has bots,(YAYYY!), so those not fortunate enough for a DSL connection can get a game going with very cool solo,dual,and double bladed sabre action. The missions so far have been great, tough but not impossible, which is perfect for me. If a mission takes more than 4 or 5 times to complete I start getting very annoyed. It has an almost identical control layout to Jedi Outcast 2 so if you liked that game you should love this one. I read in the Xbox Mag. that their are plans for at least 4 new Star Wars games in 2004, which means a whole new year of "Come on just hurry up and release the damn thing already!".

4. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Aamie is getting me Knights of the Old Republic for the PC that looks like a good game.

5. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I beat ROTK the other day. It was a awesome game! But the adventure is not yet done, After you beat the game you unlock 3 more characters that you can play as...Faramir, Merry and Pippin. Not to mention the secret levels. :)

6. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Did anyone catch the Video Game Awards last night on SpikeTV? I thought it was a total trainwreck! The sound was awful,you couldn't undestant what people were saying. There was no review of finalists, just the announcement of the winner, some so-so musical performances and a awful wrestling match hosted by uberslut Jenna Jameson. If they do this again next year I hope mass improvements are made.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Snoop Dog hosting the 04 Spike TV awards show, improvment...not so much

Battlefront should come with a surgeon general warning abotu how addicting it can be

8. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    For Christmas this year I/we got my Mom/me an XBox, and I got KoToR with it.. That game... is so... awesome!

9. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I have been playing the LOTR game called The Third Age. It's pretty cool, Just very long and very repetative when it comes to fighting. You have to watch the same cut scene every time you do anything. I can only play it for so long then I have to switch to my true passion...My Franchise on Madden :).

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Heh!! I've never really gotten into traditional sports games. I prefer Xtreme sports games. Do you have the Star Wars Battlefield game yet?

11. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I borrowed it from my Brother in law for a week and I really wasn't impressed. I think it would be fun playing against friends but the game itself didn't really keep my interest.

12. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    What was the premise of the game? I haven't gotten a clear idea of what it's really supposed to be. :\

I can't wait for KoToR: II to come down in price. :D

13. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    It's all the different battles from all the movies and you get to decide if you want to fight for the empire of the rebellion, The republic or the Seperatists. You will basically run around shooting as many of the enemy as you can until your army outlasts your enemy's army. If you get shot and killed it's no big deal because you are just reborn as another soldier, basically you have endless lives. That about sums it up.

14. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    So it's kinda like Galactic Battlegrounds, but from soldier POV?

15. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
  16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Battlefront is amazing, you pick a character (either Imperial or Rebel) and are free to roam around and do almost anything you want. Fly a ship...go for it, steal one...take it, charge into a fire-fight...good luck!

17. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi havnt been on the boards here in a while. This is the reson why I play or live on Star Wars Galaxies im not a jedi yet but in about a couple of weeks Ill be Jedi Initiate this 30 to 1 ratio in ex points is a bit much but hey im a Star Wars fan Sean i wish we could play a bit in it have you tried it?

18. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Sounds cool, I'll probably get it once the price drops. ^_^

And welcome back to the boards, Demon. :)

Has anyone here partaken in the addiction that is Fable?

19. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I haven't played Galaxies, Way to expensive for me. :)

20. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I've just started KOTOR II... Really cool, but a bit darker.... :)

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    [face_praying] Please let them make another Jedi Knight game. I yearn for Kyle Katarn! [face_praying]

22. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Now I'd definitely play another JK game....

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    When the hell is Republic Commando actually going to be in stores?! I am so tired of these games getting pushed back and pushed back! :mad:

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Was it supposed to come out mid-march?

25. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I hope that March is the final push back. I need a new Star Wars game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.