main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Viewing of AotC, Maybe...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by abkjedi, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abkjedi

abkjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    Hey guys, I'm new here so how's this for an intro? One of my many jobs is as a doorman at the Visulite Theatre on Elizabeth Ave. We have a HUGE screen that drops out of the ceiling and a DIGITAL projecter. We watch Monday Night Football every Monday and sometimes we have the UNC alumni to watch the Duke vs. UNC basketball game. Anyway, it's awesome! The screen is like 40x40. The players are 3x's the size of real people. I will ask (beg,plead) with him to see if we can have a viewing there after Wed when it comes out on DVD. We've watched 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon', 'Phantom Menance' and it is like having a freakin movie screen in your fav bar. There is no gaurante he will say yes, but I will go out of my way to sway him. Who's in...? In case you can't tell, I failed spelling every year I took it.

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    *raises hand* Me! Me!

:D

3. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    I'm leaving for the game now and I'll talk with him when I get there. I'll check back to see if anymore people have posted.

4. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    [battle droid]Roger, Roger[/battle droid]

;)

I'm all up for it and I can think of some others who would be, too (Chris and Adam).

5. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    Game On!!! Bronco's got rocked, but it's all good. Boss man said this Wed or next will be cool cause we have no shows. I'm buying it as soon as I can so we should be alright. Let me know as soon as you can which night works for you. There will be no charge and beers will be served ice cold.(there is a charge for them) So PLEASE let me know which Wed you can work. We have a 550 capacity so I don't think seating will be a problem. If you need directions, PM me or go to visulite.com, we are just off 77. I can e-mail you a map. Even if it's just a couple of us, it would be cool to meet some of you before IMAX date. mLet me know. I'm stoked!

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm game for either Wednesday :)

I think Scythe could be too... Let me ask him.

7. Death_Scythe

Death_Scythe Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm in! just tell me when to be there...

8. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    I could try to get there tomorrow night if that's when you decide to have it. Warning though--I've had bronchitis for a week and a half, and tomorrow is going to be my first day back at work. (I've had it before, but this time it really kicked me in the ass for some reason. :p )

I'm game for next week. Just let me know.

9. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    It looks like it will be next Wed- 11/20. This wed is just too short of notice. One of the owners has to be there to open up and get it going etc... so it will be much easier to plan. We are on, for sure next Wed which is 11-20. I'd say around 7:30-8:00. I gotta work in the am so i don't wanna be up too late.

And before I forget, it's NOT a digital projector. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about there. But the screen is HUGE and Phantom Menance was awesom on it. So hope to see you all there.

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Sounds great to me :)

I'll be there ;)

11. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Ahhh brilliant!

I love the Visulite Theatre! It's a very neat place, and seeing how I live just round the bend from it, you've got one movie-watcher in me! Can't wait!!

12. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I guess that's 4 of us, plus abk :)

13. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    Sorry guys, due to scheduleing problems, we will have to try for next Wed which is 11/27. I'm really sorry. There is a freakin' poetry reading tommrow night if any of you are into that! I hope this is not a huge problem for anyone and that all of you will try and come next wed. Sorry again, I'm bummed.

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    It's all good. No worries, mate :)

15. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Tonight was no good for me anyway--I've got a major assignment for National Boards due tomorrow. I should be able to make it next week though.

16. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    Gosh, I was just sitting here thinking we'd be into the thick of the movie by now and bumming about getting shutdown for another week, and here it may have worked out for the best. Sorry again guys, but really, I hope you all will try to make it next wed. Your posts have made me feel a little better. Am I too sensitve?? ;)

17. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Nah.. you're as sensitive as me.
    And I rock.
    So yeah ;) :D

18. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    Quick update, we are now planning on 12/4 as the show date. I forgot it was Thanksgiving the following week, so the Wed after TG will be when we are shooting for the Visulite showing. :)

19. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Just give us a heads up if anything changes :)

20. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Could you give directions to this place you're talking about?

I might be able to come, as long as it's not too far away from my house.

?Eaglet

21. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    Sure, go to www.visulite.com and click directions in the upper corner. They have a map and directions. We are just up the street from CPCC on Elizabeth Ave. Accross the street from Burger King. You can't miss it!

22. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Are we still on for next week? (It is next week, right..?)

23. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Hmm...

Do I have to be 21 to get into the showing?

?Eaglet

24. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    No.. as abkjedi told me, since this is after hours, there is no age limit. :)

25. abkjedi

Sep 13, 2000
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boss has interfeared with our plans for the last time! We are on for this Wed which is 12/4. Movie starts at 8pm. It will be seen from start to finish. None of this IMAX editing crap. Although we can FWD past the "Field of love" scene. AHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!!
    Hope to see you all there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.