main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vintage Collectibles

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Dec 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My loose vintage collection:

Unfortunately 99.9% of these guys have no accessories but I still love 'em.

Figures:
    Darth Vader
    Stormtrooper (2)
    Snowtrooper
    The Emperor
    Royal Guard
    Luke Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker in Hoth gear
    Luke Skywalker Bespin Fatigues
    Luke Skywalker X-Wing pilot
    Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (Carded)
    Han Solo Bespin Outfit
    Han Solo Hoth Gear
    Princess Leia Bespin Outfit
    Princess Leia
    Princess Leia in Hoth Outfit.
    Admiral Ackbar
    Endor Rebel Soldier
    Biker Scout
    IG-88
    Boba Fett
    Dengar
    Lando Calrissian (The one with the big ol' smile on his face)
    Lobot
    Bespin Security Guard
    Chewbacca
    C-3P0
    R2-D2
    AT-AT Commander
    AT-AT Driver
    Greedo
    Pruneface (Who came up with that name, anyway?)
    Klaatu
    Klaatu Skiff Guard
    Bib Fortuna
    Walrusman
    Hammerhead
    Snaggletooth
    Hoth rebel soldier
    2 Tauntauns
    Squidhead or Squidface, I forget what he's called
    Death Star Droid
    Power Droid
    R5-D4
    Tusken Raider
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Imperial Officer
    FX-7
    General Madine
    Wampa
    Ugnaught
    2 Jawas
    Chief Chirpa
    Logray
    Some other Ewok that's gray. I forget his name.

Vehicles:
    Twin Pod Cloud Car
    Millenium Falcon
    Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
    Hoth Imperial Attack Base
    Land of the Jawas
    Speeder Bike
    Tri-Pod Laser Cannon (Boxed)

Thanks again to my brother for hooking me up with all this great stuff! :)

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Allie reminded me of the one thing I HATE about some of the newer figures. A lot of the Hasbro figures made the characters look like they were on steroids... all of them looked like they were wrestlers in the WWF, even "monkey-faced Leia." Hasbro has gotten better lately and the figures have gone back to being more realistic looking.

3. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    MJF:
    Are you referring to that HULKED-UP Luke Skywalker that Hasbro put out on the Orange Card? lol. I was expecting that thing to bust out of the packaging and put all my other figures in headlocks! The Hoth Chewbacca is slightly larger than other Chewbaccas and there is a Vader that is pretty big too.

4. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    The only vintage I have is a Vader Speakerphone and a Yoda blanket

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Very cool Kam! Does the Vader speakerphone still work?

Tobbi- Yeah, that Luke figure where he looks like the Incredible Hulk is sooooooo bad. Come on... Luke Skywalker didn't look anything like that. They also bulked up a lot of the characters that way.... soooooo bad.

I much prefer the old Kenner toys to the Hasbro toys.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Yes it still work, and it's pulse dial. it was funny cause I didn't think about it when I plugged it in I just started dialing and then realized.

7. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Sheesh, MJF, give Hasbro a break!! The only buffed-up figures they issued were in late 1995 and a couple in early 1996. By the time the Special Editions came out in Jan. 1997, just about all of the figures issued had much more realistic body sculpts. I guess slimming down was in Hasbro's 1997 New Year's Resolution list 8-}

8. Rogue_Kreg

Rogue_Kreg Jedi Master star 1

May 20, 2002
    Nice thread folks. I have a pretty good balance of both modern and vintage collectibles.

But I have'nt seen anyone mention my particular favorite (and my most prized piece), and that is the Death Star Space Station playset from 1977.

If you don't remember it or have never seen one, you need to check it out. It's about 2 1/2 feet tall with three levels for setting up figures for great diaramas.

9. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    anyone that doesnt have any vintage, start collecting it, it has more history thatn the newer line. the new line is ok, but the vintage had so much more. Cant beat those iron-ons.

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I don't own one, but the death star is a cool peice Kreg. It's to bad that the foam on a lot of the playsets is deteriorating, but it isnt going as fast on the death star, as it is on Yodas Hut. There is a discussion going on over on the rebelscum forums about how the foam on the Chewbacca Bandolier Straps are disintegrating too.

-saber holder

11. Rogue_Kreg

Rogue_Kreg Jedi Master star 1

May 20, 2002
    You're right about the foam, SH. Fortunately I still have several decent pieces left. I rarley open the trash compacter anymore, for fear of ruining anymore of the foam.
    I have heard of people cutting small pieces off of sponges to replace their deterierating foam, but I think that kind of takes away from the character of the playsets

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I totally agree. I can't see myself mixing repo peices with my vintage collection.

-saber holder

13. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

And another one...

MOC Nikto

The only problem with this one is that I dont have enough money left to pay for it! I'm going to have to go get a money order from the bank for this one... I also just made a trade for a MOC ROTJ Vader and AT-ST Driver. I traded my combat poncho Leia, and some loose figs.

-saber holder

14. JediApprentice21676

JediApprentice21676 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Great to see a vintage collectors thread! I used to collect the new stuff. Darn near had all of it! All of the 3" figs on cards anyway. I guess I was only buying the new line because it was all I could afford. I sold all my action figures I had when I was kid in a garage sale when I was about 12 (ouch!). So, fairly recently I've started collecting loose 3" vintage figures and some of the vehicles and playsets I remember having as a kid. To me, the vintage stuff just has WAY more nostalgic value. Altough the new line is awesome, sculpting and packaging wise (except maybe the mid-90's muscle-man sculpts), you just cant beat the late 70's/early 80's figures. Anybody want to buy some POTF2, EpI, AOTC, POTJ figures MOC?

15. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Hmmmm....
    I still have my vintage Death Star in a box somewhere....
    haven't looked in that trash compactor in years...
    hmmm...
    *visions of a puddle of disintegrated foam goo forming in head!*
    EWWWWWWWW!

16. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I was 10 when Star Wars "A new hope" came out. At that time I had a big collection. I made the mistake of packing them up in my parents garage when I went to college. I have a brother that is ten years younger and he got into my collection and ruined most of it. I had most of the smaller figures including hammerhead and greedo. I also had the 12" figures and some of the ships. I stopped collecting until Episode II
    came out. I am now in the process of restoring my old collection. Thank God for ebay! I do have autographed pictures from Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford that were sent from the official Star Wars fan club.
    I also have most of the bubblegum cards and
    comics.

17. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003

I just customized one of my vintage Leia dolls. The Leia Hoth doll is very ugly. I switched the clothes and I will change the hairstyle. Now it is beautiful!!

18. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    It is really sad to see the death star playset pieces disentagrate. I told my vintage vader to tell the set "No disentigrations" but the set refuses to listen.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.