main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI VIP Passes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by sithhunter777, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Bib_Fortuna_

Bib_Fortuna_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2011
    JediJustin and Ksomm,

Did you guys do the presale or the public sale? Neither my email nor the order confirmation page on the CVI website show the Jedi Knight package. All it is showing is the shirts and the $5 charge for shipping.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Bib

2. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Mine was the pre-sale

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I did the Presale at 10am.

4. Bib_Fortuna_

Aug 24, 2011
    Alright, Thanks guys.

I guess if anyone has a public sale email confirmation that they could check vs mine, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bib

5. BigFortuna

BigFortuna Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    Well, i got mine at the public sale, and you can read at the confirmation email:

DESCRIPTION QTY
    Star Wars Celebration VI Jedi Knight VIP Package 2
    Large Jedi Knight VIP T-Shirt 2
    USPS for Shirts 1

Yeah, i got a bad feeling about your email, check your account, is the only way to be sure.

My brother is gonna be so happy, he doesn't know i got the jedi knight VIP for him :)

My name is not in vain :D

6. Bib_Fortuna_

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks Big; Yeah, I checked, my account, it said the same thing . Also said my total charges were $5.00 for the two T-shirts. Arghh!! Looks like I'll be on the phone for a while tomorrow. Anybody have a connection with Reed Exhibitions that can possibly sort this out for me??

Thanks
    Bib

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    That would be pretty hilarious if all they sent you was a stupid VIP Jedi Knight t-shirt, haha, wow talk about epic fail huh?!

8. Bib_Fortuna_

Aug 24, 2011
    Yes it would! Part of me wants to not even call them and just see what happens. But I know I need to get this sorted.

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hope everything works out for you in the end.

10. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Having been to all five Celebrations, I don't think its worth it. My two credits.

11. Bib_Fortuna_

Aug 24, 2011
    Well I called Reed exhibitions today and....

They said that they were sorry but my order somehow didn't complete correctly and that I get no VIP Jedi Knight Passes (and no VIP T-shirts). They said this issue affected about five people (lucky me!). Like to hear from anyone else who may have had the same problem as me.

Asked Reed to at least give me a discount on some of the regular four day passes and they wouldn't even do that. Would it have killed them to give me 10% off??

I'm pretty steamed about this and will be for the rest of the day; then I'm going to just have to let it go.

Bib

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Very sorry to hear that Bib.

And Reed's refusal to toss you a bone from a mistake on their part makes it even worse.

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    If the error was on Reed's end, I'd raise more of a stink about it. Pester them to let you (and the ~5 others affected) buy your VIP passes.

14. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I did the pre-sale at exactly 10:00am EST.

I'll explain this the best way I can.

I tried to purchase as many passes as I was allowed.
    The site kept telling me that there was an error and to change the amount of passes and a new e-mail address.
    After five times, nothing changed. Put in for one pass and everything worked.
    After I was done I was allowed to go back into the system without my "special" code and purchase more passes.
    Well, that didn't work either. But I did notice that only certain sizes of t-shirts were available and all the
    Master passes were gone in minutes.

Case in point: If I purchased only one pass for CV, I could only buy one pass for CVI.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'd definitely pursue it with Reed. If the first contact won't help, ask to speak to a manager. You could also point them here to see the bad publicity they are getting.

16. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Also, last Celebration there were people who had purchased the Master or Knight... who did not make the convention.

These were non-refundable. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was a few Master and over 10 knights.

Word of advice to those who did get badges.

For something like C5's Main Event. When the disclaimer tells you to be on time. It means it. I volunteered and regular people were able to move people into the Master/Knight seating area once the on-time time had passed... So, remember, you have the reserved seating BUT if you're not there on time you may not have a seat.

I hope that you are able to work out your situation.

Did you try their web-site directly? There are some links there to actual staff people? Don't know if it would help you or not...

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm very excited about the Wednesday night Celebration Store Shopping Party event.

It's gonna allow us to hit up the store when inventory is at it's absolute highest and scratch one thing off our Thursday morning "To Do" list.

18. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    I would have loved to have got a VIP pass unfortunatly i was still waiting for my divorce settlement to come through on the Wednesday when the tickets were going on sale,as i didnt have a single bean in my bank account due to 2 swinging expensive bills that my total scumbag ex husband imposed on me,it would have made it so special as C6 is going to be part of my 50th birthday celebrations,when it finally came through on the Friday all of the VIP passes had sold out,i wonder is there going to be more passes going on sale later or is this the lot ?

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    300 is the capped number for the VIP passes, which was the case for CV as well.

20. ksomm814

Mar 17, 2005
    The only thing was last time they had a sweepstakes with the action figures...not sure anyone actually won it though

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    And I still see those CV stickered figures swinging from the store pegs today! :oops:

22. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Anyone receive their refund on original tix purchase?
    I got a reply email on Aug 24 stating my refund would be processed in 3-4 days but have not received it. I'm thinking this issue of having to create a new login when purchasing VIP tix has caused a problem with refunds.

23. ksomm814

Mar 17, 2005
    That could be a problem. You should probably call and explain the situation.

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I received my refund for the general admission badges this morning.

Remember, Reed's main office lost power for several days due to Hurricane Irene, so they are behind schedule with processing refunds.

Start checking your accounts to verify.

25. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Got my refund yesterday finally.