main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Waiting to see if anyone cares...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Thinking of doing a Top Gun night some time or other...

original message:Okay ArkanSITH, I am planning on hosting a Pool Party/Bar-B-Que/Drive-in Movie Night at my parent's house on Saturday, July 9. The main questions are these--how early would people be interested in coming to swim? How do we want to deal with food? Bring your own meat to BBQ and pot-luck everything else? -->OR we or a few of us take care of everything and everyone brings a nominal donation to cover the costs? OR WHAT? And the BIG QUESTION: WHAT MOVIE DO WE WANT TO WATCH???

Since none of us made it to Memphis for theirs--we could do Star Wars E4, and anyone who wants to get the full effect could go to E3 the night before or that afternoon. Other options include any other SW movie, Spaceballs, Indy movies, HP, LOTR--or other suggestions. One thing I have thought about is a Clone Wars marathon. I should be done editing my season 3 DVD by then, so we could watch all 25 chapters in order. Any other suggestions?

Thinking of doing a Top Gun night some time or other...

2. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
  3. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Bootlegging is bad.......

4. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah, I vote you just erase that post. (He did :D ) This club doesn't want to be part of piracy. If you are going to deal in that crap, keep it in Private Messages...

Signed your friendly local Dark Lord of tactlessness,

Jacob

5. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I will be there, as far as I know. If I feel like it, that is. Looking forward to it.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    What's the big deal? It's from the trailers just like 90% of all the icons on this forum. He can't really use it as an avatar anyway because it has to be uploaded to TFN's servers.

Anyway, back on topic.... Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend because it is my son's birthday and his party will last most of the afternoon and evening. Sorry dudes.

7. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Elan

Davis said he had a bootleg copy of RoTs

and mr blunt said it would be best if he edited his post taking that out

which he did

8. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    yyeeeaaa... i mean umm... who me? lol

9. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I will try, but I too will be celebrating my birthday that day

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So, still waiting for input on movies...

--Jacob

11. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Oops.. guess I caught the edited version. [face_laugh]

Sorry dudes. ;)

12. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Still waiting for input on this: Food options? Movies?

I would also like to know how many people are interested, planning on coming or possibly coming. Are there enough conflicts that we need to consider another weekend? My main reason for choosing the 9th is that it is pretty evenly spaced between Memphis movie events and happens to be a night when my little sister is in town (she has a very busy month with camp and youth conferences).

I was thinking, for lack of input on the subject, that maybe we should do a double feature of clone wars cartoons followed by Star Wars 4, and then in August maybe Empire and Ghostbusters. Any thoughts?

--Jacob

13. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Jacob

I would like to go, but I wont know if I can until the beginning of that week. If I do come, I can bring Extended Edition of any of the LOTR movies or Special Edition of Spiderman.

I have some other cool dvds but I dont think anyone would want to watch the History of the Green Bay Packers with entire footage of the "Ice Bowl"

14. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey Otisdodge I plan on being there. Not sure about my usual crew of Kynstar and Jeepgirl30 though. We'll let you know. Any movie I think will do. I like the idea of the Clone Wars cartoons. Any Star Wars movie works too of course. Catcha later![face_dancing]

15. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey dodge....can I call you dodge? I plan on making it to your event, but I need you to PM me some directions...
    Looking forward to meeting some of you guys
    Bacon[face_pig]

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I like the smilie, Bacon. I will PM you directions.

Glad to hear you are coming, ForceConduit. Hope the others can come, also.

And JMV, I think we'll skip the sports videos. ;)

I think LOTR nights would be fun, but they are so long we would only get to watch one. Maybe we should think about that for fall, when dark comes sooner.

We could watch Harry Potter 3 or 1 and 3, since the book comes out the next week. Speaking of which, I was going to start another thread on going to Barnes & Noble as a group on the night of the release--it is the place to be.

17. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Wish I could, I ordered my book at B&N here in town but found out a little later on that Im gonna be in Memphis when it comes out, so Im just gonna go to the B&N there

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I am thinking at this point that ANH is a must. Denise hasn't seen it since the SE came out in theatres. :eek: I am waffling between Clone Wars Cartoons--then ANH on the one hand and ANH, then HP3 on the other hand. Alternately we could just make it an all HP night in prep for the book and start early inside and watch all three.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    any of those options sound great...*argh* I can't type one handed worth a flip. Anyway,
    looking forward to it.
    [face_pig]

20. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Either one works for me, but how long would all 3 HP be combined?

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    All three HP movies would have to start inside before dark.

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So does anyone know how to get a hold of the people who don't post as much, or who never have? I would like to get as many folks out for this as possible.

For instance, do we have contact information for the other Stormtrooper, Nathan, I think?

I would like to get an idea of about how many are planning on making it and nail down what we are doing for food--so are you coming? And should we do Bring-your-own-meat-to-grill, like I suggested, with a pot-luck on sides and stuff, or should we pass-a-plate as it were and buy the meat and grill it as a group?

23. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Jacob, dont know if we can make it this time. We've had an offer on our house and need to finish moving also I need to go to bed early Sat. I have a sleep study Sun. night and they dont want me overly tired for it. But we may try and make it for alittle while just to visit.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I plan on making it, if I hitch a ride with someone. See you Saturday. Just let me know what to bring.

25. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Honestly I wont know till Thursday about going, new restaurant and we dont have weekly schedules yet, kinda sucks. But if anyone would like for me to bring catfish, BBQ, or even just a bunch of fries, let me know cause I can get them 50% off at work, btw I work at the new Catfish City on HWY 10/Cantrell. Just in case anyone wants to come by sometime and eat some good food

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.