main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Walmart & Tunick... finito!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I would suggest applying to the Rancho Bass Pro Shops.

Unfortunately it's an hours drive away...

Bass Pro is a nice place to work....but not one-hour commute nice :p

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree with those that find this a good thing. Things can only get better for you away from Walmart! Good luck Armen. We are totally rooting for you!!

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Free at last, free at last, thank the Force, he's free at last.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000

Spotlighdts, Kyle. Spotlighdts.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    A one hour commute is pretty standard, especially if you like your job.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000

harpuah likes this.
  8. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    yes, tunick. congratulations. and retake that damn algebra class. nows the time for positive change!

MrZAP, Healer_Leona and harpuah like this.
  9. MariahJSkywalker

Mar 11, 2005
  10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Arlol is dead. All hail Ardlon!

Darth_Invidious and jp-30 like this.
  11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Ardon.

12. MariahJSkywalker

Mar 11, 2005
    Arlol is the gift that keeps on giving.

jp-30 likes this.
  13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Like herpes.

MariahJSkywalker likes this.
  14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    herdpes

MariahJSkywalker likes this.
  15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That spot on Gorbadchev's head? HERDPES!

[​IMG]

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's funny cause it's true.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well Tunes, I honestly don't know whether to congratulate you or offer my sympathies. If it's because you're no longer part of the Evil Empire, then, yes, congratulations. In a kind of messed up way you fullfilled your mission for 2012.

But being the gloomy & doomy kinda person that I am, I guess I have to offer a bit of hard reality as one that has been unemployed against his will: the road ahead of you will be a hard one. Being unemployed sucks. Being unemployed because you were fired from a crappy job sucks even harder. Prospective future employers will always ask why you were let go from your previous job and you have to be creative on downplaying the reasons behind the termination. Even your local unemployement benefits office might give you a hard time if they determine you were fired due to your own actions.

It doesn't matter, now you'll have to work harder than you ever had before in order to get a job. Perhaps as others have said this is fate kicking you in the ass so that you'll improve your standing in life. So, move your butt and don't become a depressed couch potato. Try pulling all the strings and favors you may have on your favor in order to join the employed masses. Go back to school even so that you can study something that ill give you options other than retail. And yeah, for frak's sake, trim or lose that thing you have on your face. The hell if you like it or worked hard to get it, being fired will hinder you, but that neckbeard will definitely stop you in your tracks. And if you want to get a job in such a competetiive job market said against such an apocalyptic economy, you'll have to make sacrifices and give up things you like.

There, doom and gloom over. Regardless of what happened to you, I wish you the best of luck man. Change is hard, but this kind of change can only be good for you. So make the best of it and you'll be fine.

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    You're mistaken, Kristy: I certainly do not wanna be anywhere near his ass. :p

20. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    It's a shame you didn't get an opportunity to resign instead of being fired, but all the same an opportunity to move on to better things!

21. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I think all of the JCC will agree that this is ultimately a good thing - but I'm still sorry it had to end with you getting fired instead of you leaving of your own volition. But no matter, look on the bright side of things - you're no longer in the job you hated, so take this opportunity to make a positive change in your life. :) Enjoy Christmas and then find a better job. I wish you all the best! :)

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Exactly. And he didn't get fired for stealing or something like that. He made some mistakes. There's nothing that would get him eliminated off the bat from another job.

Tunick, good luck in the search. I'm sure that, ultimately, it will be a good change for you. Sucks that it's before Christmas but good that they paid you out the bonus and such.

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Somehow this reason from that site sounds appropriate: I wanted my career to move in a different direction, and I guess my mental separation set up the conditions that led to my departure. But by contrast, the opportunity we're discussing seems to be made for me and I hope to eventually grow into a position of responsibility.

Best of luck in your job hunt, Tunick. If your resume isn't up-to-date, try to get that done over the holidays while things are quiet job hunt-wise. It's fine to post one up on sites like Monster and LinkedIn (if you are on the latter) but try tailoring it for actual applications. See what the job requires and emphasize that in your skills list. And make sure your resume format is what employers are looking for. The site linked to above looks like a good place to start for resume and cover letter formats.

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sorry and congrats! But I'm more happy for you if anything. I'm certain you'll find a job that'll satisfy you in every way! If you can, I would go along with what everyone else is saying and go back to school. What are your strengths/interests if I may ask?

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.