main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wan-Abi on Tour

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Jealously_Guarded, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    THe first week of August in Boise is Fandemonium.

Fandemonium

It is an anything goes amatuer convention, and will have a fanfilm contest. Now that Wan Abi is no longer the exclusive property of Atom-films, can we shop it around a bit? Show the local boys what we can do? It is likely that I will attend this convention, and could be the movies representative. I will need a copy of it on DVD though. But first things first. Do you guys, meaning Erik and Adam, want to show it around?

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Sure, I would love to show it around. I think it has probably gotten buried at Atom Films and now that we can do whatever we want with it t sounds like fun. I would like to go out to Fandemonium this year, since i missed it last year. What is the exact dates?

3. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    August 5th, 6th, and 7th
    All movies have to be submitted digitally by July 20th. Now Iam going to send him a few things, so if you can get it in my hands in under a week, I can mail it to him myself. Otherwise check out his website.

Other quirks::: If you volunteer to give a panel discussion, you get in for free. A few more Wan-Abi alumni will be at Fandomonium, so we could set up a panel of "Local Boys Done Good," about how we made a movie in our backyard and became rich and famous. We could show the Sci Fi Channel Fan Film Awards (Which I jsut happen to have a few copies of). The deadline for deciding that is, of course, July 20th (with probably a few days to spare as that is the day he takes his programs to the printers).

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    We found the master tape so we will get a DVD made of it and get it over there.

5. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    Goody. Ill submit my stuff as soon as I can. I am going to run a panel on something or other, if you want a Wan-Abi panel give me a yell in the next week.

6. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I looked at the rules of the contest last night and noticed there is a time limit of 15 minutes on the films. This sucks cause Wan-Abi is more than 20 minutes.

7. Jealously_Guarded

Oct 12, 2004
    I have every reason to believe that that rule is fluid, a number pulled out of mid air. The organizer is not watching these movies with a stopwatch. Last year there was a 40 min one and he never blinked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.