main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanna see the OT on the big screen again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Sache8, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I have one question is this going to be one after another of ALL the movies at the same time. That is like 6+ hours! Not that I don't like you guys or anything but...!

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    you all don't know me from Nom Anor Well, that's part of the reason we do stuff like this...to get to know more SW fans! Looking forward to meeting you there.

thought this thing went until June or something That's the "Art of the Starfighter" exhibit over at Western Reserve Historical Society. Cindy had mentioned this Akron Civic Theater thing a while ago.

Random, glad to hear your bringing your "youngling" (like to know kids gets to see the movies the way we did...on the BIG SCREEN) Just one thing...he's not going to cry through the whole thing? (like kids seem to always do at movies and church) ;)

3. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hi again everyone! :) Thought I'd check in again and say how psyched I'm getting for next week!

I think I'm bringing two other people with me. A friend of mine actually works at the theater, so she'll be selling tickets.

She told me today that the first show starts at two PM and the doors open at one PM

Also, she said these seats are the best:

Balcony, front and center. It puts the film at perfect eye-level, plus you can appreciate the beautiful ceiling better from up there.

I can't get there very early because of church, anyone wanna save seats? ;)

If anyone's dressing up, please let me know so I can know who's who. I won't be in costume cause I'm coming straight from church, but I will let you know what I'll be wearing.

And the Bucks game was freakin' awesome! I usually don't get into football, but... dang! That had to have been one of the most exciting games I've ever seen in any sport.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Geoff usually gets to places six or seven hours early (hell, he's probably at the theater already), just give him a shout out on how many seats need saving.

5. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think we will be THAT early. We want good seats though!

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If the doors open at 1:00pm...should we try to meet around 12:00? (so we can save seats as a group). Just so we know who to expect, copy this list and add your name to it if you're planning on coming.

JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JarJarJedi
    ?
    ?

I've still got 2 seats open for anyone in the Parma area who needs a ride. And should we meet in the front lobby of the theater? I'm not very familiar with this place, so a location would make things simple. Shall I post this on the Fanforce Midwest News/Events page?

7. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Bucks game was freakin' awesome!

I totally agree, Sache! :cool:

I will probably dress up (I love dressing as Mara Jade). I hope others will, too.

Krash,
    Add me to the list:

JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JarJarJedi
    Jade-Walker

Children's Hospital is right around the corner from the theater. We could possibly meet there. And there's a parking deck there, too. There also is some parking by meters which should be free on Sunday.
    I will PM you directions to Children's and the theater.

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    ...I was going to have my mom park at the Polsky parking deck, so I wouldn't have to pay. (Plus I can use the excuse that I'm getting my books. ;))

I'll be down at the Civic around noon then. I'll get in line hopefully so we can get farther up in line.

I'll be dressed in my Jedi costume.

(picture seen here.) (If that doesn't work, you can find the link in my bio)

9. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    To answer your question Geoff, I don't anticipate my brother will grump through all 3 movies. He definitely won't cry though... he's really into SW, I got him onto it very young in life. But then again, kids are unpredictable. Now to decide if we should dress up... hmm.

JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JarJarJedi
    Jade-Walker
    Random
    Random's youngling

Can someone PM me with directions to this theater and the hospital if that is where we will be parking/meeting? Any help here would be hot.

10. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Oh, Em, there will be a short break in between them.

11. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That's cool! :D :D

I can't wait!!!!

12. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Save me a seat! I'll be there. If I purchase my tickets through ticketmaster can I pick them up at any ticketmaster location or do I go to the theatre to pick them up?

13. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I believe over here in the Pittsburgh FF we are planning to come up there to you guys the 12th, and hang out I am coming and I believe that my...... mentor Greencat336 are coming this isn't offical but, I missed you guys at our IMAX and I wanted to meet everyone so, If so are you guys all costuming up, lay out the details if you would Krash

14. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I'll ask my dad if I can go this weekend and I'll let you know soon if I need a ride, Geoff. Thanks for the offer. But sorry, there's no way that I'll wear a costume, since I don't own one. I might wear a Star Wars shirt and bring my lightsaber, though. If I am able to go, how would I be able to get tickets? Should I just go to www.ticketmaster.com or something?

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Glad to hear you guys (might) be joining us. Have Greencat336 post for sure whether you guys are making the trip down.

Again, I recommed "Mapquest" for directions to the Akron Civic Theater (or ask JarJar Jedi since she's familiar with both Pittsburgh and Akron). As far as costumes go...dress up if you want (I'm 85% sure I'll wear my jedi outfit from our soccer game) JarJarJedi (Cindy) mentioned the idea of dressing up for this one...are you and "Mom" still up for it? Is anyone else is dressing? Stay tuned for more details on that one.

16. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    ***CINDY! THIS IS DIRECTED AT YOU!***
    I already bought tickets for my brother and I from Ticketmaster, so you don't have to go purchasing them for us. But thank you for considering doing that.

I am debating about whether or not to dress up... I'll strongly consider it if I can gank my RoP costume back... and I'll see if my brother can still fit in his child size TPM Obi-Wan costume.

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay Eric, good, then I'll wait to get my books until next Monday.

or ask JarJarJedi since she's familiar with both Pittsburgh and Akron.

Okay, where did that come from? ?[face_plain] Seriously, guys, contact Jade-Walker, I'm not that familiar with downtown Akron, just the part where the University is. (And Pittsburgh is just because I went through it (on a charter bus) so many times going to and from Band Competitions...)

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I might dress up in my "Siri" costume if others dress up too! :D :D :D :D :D

19. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, these are the directions that I sent to Krash:

From the North:

Take 77 South to Route 59 East exit (21C). Follow the Cascade Parking/West Market St. exit.

At the top of the off ramp, there is a light.
    Turn right at the light. This is State St.

The stop sign is Locust St. Go straight.
    Children's Hospital is on your right.

The next light is Bowery.
    If you wish to park in the parking deck at Children's, turn right. The entrance to the deck is on the left. (Children's Hospital is on the right.)

[Going directly to the theater:
    If you were to go straight through the light, the next light would be Main St.
    (Aeros Stadium is on your right).
    Turn left at the light.
    The theater is on the left, about 1-1/2 blocks north. The address is 182.]

It's not a far walk from the hospital parking deck.

The best place to meet, rather than going all the way into the hospital, would be to wait in the stair/elevator area of the parking deck. It is a relatively big room (not a little stairwell) and heated. We could meet on the street level. I think if we go into the actual hospital we would be in the way and there are too many places to get lost.

Plus, I asked today at the parking deck, and there is no charge for parking on Sundays :D

I will leave final decisions/recommendations to Krash, including if we should PM cell numbers/pager numbers in case anyone gets lost. :confused:

I will be dressed as Mara Jade.

20. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I've passed the invite to everyone else in TBX, trouble is getting babysitters at the last minute. As for myself, I've got plans this weekend. :(

21. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I can definately go, as long as I can still get a ticket. I'll check out my local Giant Eagle (thanks for the tip, Cindy). And I suppose that means I'll need a ride with you, Krash. Rachael and Megan really want to go, but Megan's in out talent show, and Rachael wants to be there for moral support.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm working on a costume I may wear.

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll meet you guys at the Civic Theatre, because the Polsky building's parking deck is closer. (But it really doesn't show on too many maps, where as the hospital does.)

I'm going to bug my mom to have us get there earlier than noon.

Candii, no problem. I just knew that mine had a ticketmaster, so others should have it. (Oh, and sorry about not saying bye to you the other day. ;))

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Got my ticket and my costume [face_laugh].

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    What is your costume Don?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.