main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Watchmen movie

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    So, we going? If so, when and where?

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I should be able to make it. From what I have read people seem to really like it. I don't really care if it's at Loews, Tumbleweed Mills, or the Southside Works. Whatever works for everyone else. Keep in mind that the run time is 2:45, so that is 3 hours with previews.

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    3 hours long, we should splurge for the awesome seats at Loew's.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Who can make it to Loews on Saturday night for the 7:45 showing?

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm in.

Meet at the box office at Loews Waterfront at 7:20? (yeah, its early, but we want to get good seats)

6. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I'd just like to make an announcement: I just watched this 3 hour movie without leaving for a potty break!!

If you've read the graphic novels, watched the movies, whatever...

Up for discussion:

Adrian=Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus? lol

Did NightOwl not get the memo about hooking up with friend's ex's, sisters, etc? Would you be willing to hook up with the ex of your friend? What if that friend had the power to make you explode into little bits, habitually walked around with his glowing blue self just all kinds of exposed, and randomly showed up at your house?

would you be as offended as Silk Spectre that all your man's attention was not on you? I for one am a big fan of multitasking abilities and would encourage other work getting done simultaneously to sexytime.

Now I'm going to make Dr. Manhattan and ad on match.com under an alias and see what turns up.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I thought it was very good, in part for the same reason why I like Unbreakable and The Dark Knight so much. If fact, I may see it again in the theater. I saw one review complaining that the characters weren't fleshed out enough, but for the amount of people in the movie I though they were pretty detailed. I also like that they each have their own flaws, sometimes pretty big flaws at that. The soundtrack was pretty good too.

8. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    I was highly impressed by the movie and also with Tradmics non peeing stamina.=D= How long do you think I could walk around as Dr. Manhatten @ Dragon Con before being kicked out or arrested?

9. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000

*its also possible that i'm totally projecting my own problems here. As much as I like the character of Rorshach, and envy his bad-assitude, of the characters in the movie i think most (normal) people would be more like Nite Owl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.