main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waukesha's Westown Ultrascreen

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mortimer_Snerd, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Who's gonna be there on May 19th in the big line? I will be, and as we've done in the past, we'll be tailgating. Fresh sushi, hot sake, and other good stuff. If you see us, and chances are you will, please drop by and say Hi.

2. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    I will be at South Shore with a my costume group working with the theatre on line control/entertainment and ticket checking for the midnight showings.

3. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    For me, the Ultrascreen it too big for the first viewing.... (too much information to appreciate the first time around) so I'll be seeing the midnight showing elsewhere. But I do plan on seeing the Ultrascreen very soon afterwords.

4. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    I also go see it on the Ultrascreen some point after release day. Hopefully a bunch of us can agree upon a day and time to see EpIII on the big screen as a group.

5. Mortimer_Snerd

Mar 14, 2004
    Opening night is so much fun though! I agree it can be a lot to take in, but who among us isn't going to see it more than once? Or ten times?

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Those of us without steady jobs, that's who.

I agree with Catie. The Ultrascreen is just too much. Too big and way too damned loud. Seriously, who's in charge of the sound at that place? Nigel Tufnel? I'll see it at least once on that screen, but I'll be bringing my earplugs.

7. Sith_Lord_Yoda

Sith_Lord_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    Hey everyone,

I'm kinda new to the whole Midnight showing thing. This is the first time I've been allowed to go to one (cause I'm only 17). I want to go to the Ultra Screen showing. I hear tickets go on sale on Friday. Does this mean I can get them at midnight, or right when the theater opens on Friday, or do they not sell tickets for the midnight showing ahead of time?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

8. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    They do indeed sell the tickets ahead of time, and they are to begin selling them on the 22nd of April (when many of us will be in Indianapolis at CIII, darn it!). As to the times, you will have to find that out from the theaters themselves, although I do believe that last time they started selling the tickets a bit before the theater opened (I've heard it was 9 am). Good luck, and welcome.

9. Mortimer_Snerd

Mar 14, 2004
    I imagine I'll be driving down to C3 right after I get my tickets. This is the insufferable length I go to for my love of SW. Eh, what can I say? My hopes for the quality this film are high.

10. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, no matter what some think, I like the Ultrascreen. Yeah, sometimes the sound is too much but that happens in other theaters as well and, yeah, it's crowded but so was C3.

I saw both Episode I and II there each time for my first viewing. I have tickets for the midnight premiere at the Ultrascreen and will be arriving probably around 7PM only because that is when I get back to Milwaukee from having been in France for 2-1/2 weeks!!! I must be crazy...no, strike that, I'm a SW fan. ;) Jet lag and all, I'll be there regardless! I have about 6 friends who will be in line around 6PM holding a spot for me.

So, whoever is going to the midnight showing at the Ultrascreen, I'll see you there!!!

11. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    By some bizarre freak of nature, I'll now be going to the midnight screening at the Ultrascreen. My preference would still have been seeing it on a normal sized screen first, but I guess I'll just suffer this time. And the time after that. ;)

12. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    Have a good time with the crowd. As I said earlier, I will be with a group at South Shore at midnight and now I will also be costuming at the 8pm show on the 19th also. We are also thinking of costuming for a matinee on that Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.