main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wave 2 Figure Spottings

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Count_Saruman, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    allen

Yeah, I know what poster you're talking about, it also has a Darth Maul, Padme (pilot), Ki Adi Mundi, and Teemto.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/sagaposter02.jpg]

Bamm

That's great that you found all those, I still need to get my hands on a Djas Puhr. As for the others you've mentioned, I haven't seen them anywhere, if they've been released, yet.

frio_carr

There is a sort of hard to find Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber out there as well.

2. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    Just asking, but does anyone have an extra one or know where I can get one. I got the last anakin lightsaber at the kbtoys in southtown. They still had quite a few dooku's left.

3. Dark_Lord

Dark_Lord Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey everyone, The Ft.Union walmart had about 10-15 of each Palpatine, Djas Puhr, Endor Soldier, Qui-Gon Jinn, Orn Free Ta. I also found the Obi wan Lightsaber at the Murray TRU. This was last night about 6:00 so I don't know how the selection will be now.

Good Luck

4. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    I scowered 2 toys r us's and 2 walmarts today. Lots of endor Soldiers, but no palpatine. Picked up a Qui-gon. I am semi-dissapointed in the figure. Really want obi pilot. They have a new padme and Anakin figure under toys r us web page.

The anakin comes with a gaffi stick, and a Tusken Rifle. Padme is dressed in pilot uniform comes with deflector dish.

Check um out. They are on page 3 of the action figures page of the toys r us star wars store.

TOAD

5. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    Dark_Lord

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out today.

Toad

I, too, found the Qui-Gon a bit disappointing. The face looks really bad and it doesn't have very good articulation, but it's a nice figure to just sit there... I guess.

frio

I haven't had much luck finding another Obi-Wan lightsaber. I picked mine up about 2 weeks ago at the Murray TRU, they had two there and I snagged one. I haven't seen one since. There are Dooku lightsabers everywhere, and Anakin's is usually pretty easy to find. Good luck, I'll let you know if I spot one.

6. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    TF23
    if you find one pick it up. I will pay you for it I promise.

(It looks like I will be a few weeks from comming up north)

7. Count_Saruman

Count_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Count Saruman found the following:

anakin and geonosian deluxe
    Nexu
    Massiff Wave

@ : Fort union Wally World last night (6/5/02) 11:00 pm.

Happy hunting! NO SCALPERS!

8. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Nice find Count!!! how do they compare with the pictures we have seen?

9. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    These are the first deluxe figs that I have purchased because they are just that cool. In fact I waited to buy Anakin until this very sculpt. It is great and well worth it. Buy the nexu for your Arena scenes!

Unless you keep em the box....bleechhh.

It's all good though.

10. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    Just got back from TRU in Murray, they had the 12 inch Jango Fett, looks pretty cool. The Wal-Mart on Redwood had deluxe Anakin and Nexu.

Still no Palpy, Han, Chewie, Puhr, or Obi-Wan, though.

11. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    Well I opened up the Deluxe Anakin and the Nexu this weekend to play with my son. The Anakin....uh...yeah. I like the sculpt better than the rest of the Justin Timberlake-esque figures, but the articulation is HORRIBLE. He can't even move his arms up. LAME. I needed to fanagle my break apart geonosian warrior in order for him (her? :) ) to stay in one piece, put once I got it to fit perfectly all was well. The nexu on the other hand is just fun and a nice addition to any collection.

Now...if I could only track down Puhr and the gang.

BTW, my friend picked up Han Endor Raid and Obi Wan Starfighter Pilot at KB Toys last week. I talked to the 3 managers of all 3 KBs in SLC and they said, "yessiree we had em. Gone in 2 hours." Hasbro themselves dropped off one case each. If you know the assortments you know that it will be frustrating to find Han and Chewie. As they pack one per case. D'OH! Let's hear it for Hasbro as they continually assist the scalpers around the globe!

Remember, if you make ANY finds and their are some left on the shelf, Post it for us here on this board!

Happy hunting my friends.

12. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    Dude, we gotta keep this thing going.

Latest:

I found Djas Puhr and Palpy at TRU today (friday). Plus Wally World has the whole Vader wave. In fact, it looks like vader and Luke invaded wal mart.

So good luck.

13. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    I'll do my part to "keep this going."

I just got Djas and Han at Wal-Mart today (Friday), and yes, Vader and Luke have landed and invaded ever W-M in the valley.

14. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    see the link i posted

15. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    hey guys. if anyone decides to go down to St. George, there's PLENTY of stuff down there. I went to the target last sunday and got obi's lightsaber. and ani's. they had like 5 obi lightsabers. as for figures, they had lots of them too. just lettin ya know if ya got family or if ya know someone going down there. ;)

16. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    I found Obi Wan and the Acklay today at Wal Mart. I met the famous Allen as well. I even helped another guy score an Acklay. Today was a good collecting day

17. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    But where are the Chewies and Palpatines?

18. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    I found Palpatine at Sugarhouse TRU a week ago. Check on fridays, that is the shipment day. They will even check the pegs for you if you are nice.

I found Chewbacca at Kay Bee in Sandy. They had him at all 3 KB's this morning.

He'll show up soon enough, look at the onslaught of Lukes and Vaders....

19. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah - it was cool to meet the Count! Still looking for the Palpatine, Das, and Chewie. BTW did ya'll see the new Momaw Nadon?!?!?! Looks GREAT!!! Looks like they will do like 3 more aliens from the cantina scene and you will be able to hook them all together, SWEET! Also the new Luke Landspeeder looks pretty good. At $20 for a OT vehicle and a pack in fig I might have to cash in on this one!

20. Dark_Lord

Dark_Lord Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey Everyone, Last night I picked up the Darth Maul and Jango Fett Unleashed figures at the Sandy Walmart, they had about 5 Jango's and 4 Darth Mauls left.
    Also if anyone is looking for orn free taa, Massiff wave try the west jordan Fred Meyer store off of 9000 S Redwood Rd, they have several end caps filled facing the back wall where you can't see them unless you really look. They also had the Bespin Luke with metal peg and flesh colored peg in stock. If you are looking for the play skool stompin wampa and fast through the forest sets, the south towne JC Penny has about 20 of each for
    $7.99. They also had the other 2 but were slightly more money.

Good Luck

21. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    Wahoo!

Just got Palpatine at the 106th Target. They had about 3 or 4 more there for anyone interested.

ONE MORE TO GO

(Chewie)

22. Dark_Lord

Dark_Lord Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey Everyone, The Sandy Super Target has djas puhr, obi wan starfighter pilot, han solo and palpatine. I also found a chewbacca that had fallen behind a slave 1 box. Also picked up the bespin luke blood variation this morning at the West Jordan
    K-mart. They have Yoda, dooku and anakin hangar duel if anyone is interested.

23. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    Just got Chewbacca.

40 out of 40!

24. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]The Jordan Landing WalMart has a BUNCH of stuff. they had chewies out the wazoo. and also had a bunch of the darth maul and jango uhm.... extreme or whatever they are called. ;)no anakins tho[/color]

25. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey the Taylorsville walmart had the unleashed Jango fett last night, but no Darthmaul. Talked to one of the store reps who was stocking the toy aisles, and said the should be receing newer figures twoards the end of the month, the beginning of august.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.