main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC We Got the ***********!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Saddam has been caught! I say we fry him.

What are your thoughts on what should be done with him?

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    It's a relief they've caught him. but I don't think it really matters what we think the government should do to him because they'll do whatever they want. I'm sure they'll kill him.

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I say we fry him

Somehow I dont believe it should be up to the Americans to carry out the sentence or anything to do with it. Suddam hasn't really done all that much to the Americans directly. Leave it to the people that actually suffered because of him.

4. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    you have a good point, Shadow. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Somehow I don't believe the Americans will be deciding his future...Seams to me as though the Iraqis have the power to claim 'ownership' of Saddam

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    As a Service member and someone with friends over there right now. I think he should pay for every american that has died over there because he refused to surrender. He will be tried in Iraq by Irais for those that don't know

7. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I think he should pay for every american that has died over there because he refused to surrender

Then who should pay for all the civilians killed by American soldiers in Iraq? You can't look at this in such an American bias view

8. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Saddam should pay for ALL the lives lost, not just American soldiers.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    sorry but it''s just not possible for anyone who's killed someone to pay for what they did.

Aaaaah... Saddam....what a fool

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Shadow, you know this from all your years of experience????

11. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    He is allowed his opinion, Tim, just like you are.

12. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I didn't say he couldn't have his opinion Lizzie. I ask him a question

13. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    OK, Timothy. I know these debates about Iraq can get out of hand sometimes. Just trying to keep the peace, so to speak.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Although I am happy to see that he has been captured, as a symbolic show of absolute defeat, I don't believe in all this "eye for an eye" stuff... A great man once said, that with that kind of justice the world would surely go blind.

15. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Ummmm, this would be one of those instances where Dark_Jedi_Kam and I agree fully heartedly. Maybe its because we are military and have known several people that will miss Christmas with their families this year because of him. And even worse, all the kids that will be spending their first Christmas with their father or mother NEVER coming home. We'll not bother with the controversial topics of deathj penalties because all you'll do is piss me off...

Yes, indeed he should pay,. It is both a shame and a surprise that we have taken him alive, its not too late to change that though.

16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I don't think military experience has anything to do with it. I've spent my life amidst the military in one way or another, and were it not for a fateful event in my life, would probably be serving over there right now. I've lost friends in this action, I have others who have served or are serving at this very moment. Istill do not believe that you can iradicate violence with more violence. You kill someone and what does that do (besides give work to the undertakers)? But to hold him up as a living example of what will happen when you go too far and push the wrong people around for too long? To make him endure a life w/o all the things that he took from his own people? To deny him the basic freedoms that he once claimed to have absolute authority over for the Iraqi people? To make him bear witness to the desecration of all that he built with the blood of many Iraqi's, Iranians, Kuwaiti's and Allied Forces'? When they are dead, they get off easy. IMO

17. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Originally posted by PZoo:

I don't think military experience has anything to do with it. I've spent my life amidst the military in one way or another, and were it not for a fateful event in my life, would probably be serving over there right now. I've lost friends in this action, I have others who have served or are serving at this very moment. Istill do not believe that you can iradicate violence with more violence. You kill someone and what does that do (besides give work to the undertakers)? But to hold him up as a living example of what will happen when you go too far and push the wrong people around for too long? To make him endure a life w/o all the things that he took from his own people? To deny him the basic freedoms that he once claimed to have absolute authority over for the Iraqi people? To make him bear witness to the desecration of all that he built with the blood of many Iraqi's, Iranians, Kuwaiti's and Allied Forces'? When they are dead, they get off easy. IMO

Yeah, all that sounds good for a couple of months... and then kill him. He doesn't necessarily have to be alive to serve as an example to others.

Again this topic has always caused heated tempers on this board so I will try to refrain from making any further comments.

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Shadow, you know this from all your years of experience????

No...More like I know from my common sense. But then again, I am no wise Jedi like you in your profile photo.

[face_laugh]

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Shadow_of_Evil, I realize you are new to our boards and I'd like to welcome you. But as with heated political debates, flaming and personal attacks have alsoworn out their welcome on our board. If you both want to flame and make personal attacks on each other then I encourage you to visit the other site in my signature line and look for the "Fight Club" board. It is the appropriate place for two willing people to bash each other at will. But on this board several people have been banned for attacks just like this.

20. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I aint new...Just to this particular forum...Im only here to debate THIS topic and defend myself....I'm outta here

21. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Shadow,Roger, you are entitled to your opinion but please let's not get angry or bash people. move along, please.

22. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    What the hell are you talking about Liz? The problem is resolved.

23. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    good. you don't need to curse on this board, ok? It seemed like Shadow was getting mad.

24. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well when you mentioned my name it seemed to imply that I was flaming someone which I clearly was not and was trying to avoid.

And hell is a geograhic location (in a way), mentioned numerous times in the Bible and NOT AGAINST THE TOS :D

25. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    nope, I wasn't implying that you were flaming. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.