main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We would be honored if you would join us. New members please click here.

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Even though it's Wednesday as I type this, I would like to welcome any new or prospective members coming here for the first time after seeing us mentioned in the May 5 edition of Jedi Journal (I really hope it got included ;) ). I wish I could be here Sunday, but I'll still be in Indy.

If you want to join just click on the word "register" and follow the directions. It's simple and it's free. These are PG rated forums so no swearing or sexual referances. Also no buying, selling or traded is allowed in the topics, but it can be done by private message. Off topic stuff is generally ok as long as you keep it clean. For more on what you can and can't do check the welcome page of the Jedi Council Forums. Finally, these are spoiler free boards, we have one topic for spoilers, if you want to post spoilers please do it there.

We have a lot of fun here so I hope you'll join us.

Also, could somebody who is going to be here Sunday bump this up so anybody new can see it? Thanks.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I can probably monitor it for you Don. I will be here and not at Celebration. :(

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Thanks Random.

4. Darth_Domin

Darth_Domin Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    New Memebr here. Just wanted to say hi and look forward to talking to everyone in the Cleveland area about a galaxy far, far away. I am new to the Cleveland area and do not know a lot of people here who enjoy this as much as I do. Looking forward to the new movie and discussions to follow it.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Welcome to the JC (And Cleveland) Darth_Domin! :)

I hope that you are able to attend one of our meetings soon! :)

Don, we are going to be in Jedi Journal? Cool! I'll kill my sister if she doesn't get the paper for me... [face_devil]

6. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi every body i plan on eventually getting to come to some of your guys meetings but for now i am kinda far away so i must wait until i get my own car. but i will post with you guys until i can finally meet you. also i am in coloumbus right now waiting for my cousin to get home so we can go to celebration 2 i cant wait.
    The Naked G

PS i dont normall live in columbus i usually am around youngstown

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Welcome n00bs. I am Eric, aka Random, aka Etra-Sco Pilna. As Mace Windu says, "There aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic." Thanks for helping us get our numbers up! I look forward to meeting more fans in our future meetings. May the Force be with you!

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    DonC: "**cough**blowme**cough**"

DonC: "These are PG rated forums so no swearing or sexual referances. Also no buying, selling or traded is allowed in the topics, but it can be done by private message. Off topic stuff is generally ok as long as you keep it clean."

Hypocrisy? You be the judge...

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    OH! OH! I wnat to be the judge! Pick me! OH! OH!PICK ME!

10. 2day4u

2day4u Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Hi!! I was happy to see that there is a cleveland chapter of fanforce. This is my first post. I have been a star wars fan since I first saw Empire when I was 6. I am really looking forward to Ep II. I have read the novel and also picked up the Art of Episode II, which is beautiful. The reviews I have read so far have been very enthusiastic. Only 12 more days!!!

11. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
  12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Random Man, Random Man, he can do what a... Random thing can. He is Ran-dom as can be, and monitors for DonC. Oh yeah, watch out it's Random Man...

13. SWfreak_portmanlover

SWfreak_portmanlover Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I saw the Jedi Journal today and therefore, here i am. Thanks for the welcome Don. Did you call in and tell them about theforce.com or something?.....anyway, i'm a long time star wars fan (ever since i used to come home and watch Episode IV everyday after kindergarten, lol) but i'm obviously new to this site. I'm 17, and as big a stars wars fan as my tiny budget (and my dad) allows me to be. I missed out on Celebration II (my dad wouldn't let me go) but i'm going to Celebration III if I have to walk through the fires of hell!!! lol. I'm hoping to go to a midnight showing of AOTC but have become extremely confused as to when tickets go on sale (i'm going to call cinemark valley view when i'm done typing this). Anyway...I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Mullet-Man, Mullet-Man, He Can Do What A Mullet Can.

Spin a web of his hair....ummm...can't think of the next line that goes there.

LOOK OUT! Here comes the MULLET-MAAAAANNN!!!

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Bump... bump bump

16. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    *smacks forehead*

Yep, leave Random and Mullet to take care of things while we are gone to CII, and the newbies are probably scared away... [face_plain]

Hello to all you new people! :) :D

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I couldn't help it... my Random senses were going CRAZY!!! They were tingling the whole weekend! But I think I just sprayed too much chloraseptic and my mouth fell asleep...

18. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    ((shakes head in amusement))
    I'm glad Random and Mullet were here to monitor things while we were away; I just hope you didn't scare anyone like you scare us :)

Seriously, welcome to all the new people signing in. We'll be getting together sometime in the near future so we can try to meet face to face. Here's the basics of what's going on:

* We just sent in to Fanforce that our nickname is going to be "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland."

* There is no "official" site to go see AOTC, but there are many who are organizing groups to try and meet/tailgate/whatever at their theater of choice (stay tuned)

* Down the line, we were talking about having a "Star Wars Movie night" including my video from Celebration II among other fun things.

Gotta go to work, I'll post more tonight!

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    It was no problem, but it would have been if I had a life, or money, or both...

I want to cry now...

But then I think of Episode II in 10 days, and I smile again.

It's all good in the hood.

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Question, did you see Spider-Man this weekend?

BTW, I thought you had to study for your finals! :p

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, I saw Spidey twice with Mullet, cuz he got us in for free the first time, and I was going to pay to see it once anyway, so I figured what the hay about seeing it a second time. You can read my review of it in the AOTC vs. Spidey thread here, but there are spoilers inside:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6639667&replies=22

And as for finals, see above post^ I have no life.

22. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Figures....

I don't know where I am going to see AOTC, the Regal in Media is sold out for the midnight showing already. :(

23. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Anyone up for another round of Mullet-Man?

Mullet-Man, Mullet-Man...Does what....

**Walks into the dark night singing theme song to himself**

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    No, nobody wants another round of Mullet-Man. So I'm going to do a rendition of Across the Stars instead.

dum dum DUM da-da-da-da-DUH duh duh duh DUH DUH DUH...

Just kidding.

25. Darth_Callous

Darth_Callous Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    Hello. Another newbie here. Looking forward to the chance of meeting you all in person. I also hve an apprentice lingering around somewhere on the net. Will get her in here as soon as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.