main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Web Site Discussion/Suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Kadue, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    CWEU, I would like to say that I'm really liking the Clone Wars Unofficial Site. I was skeptical at first, but now it's turned into a really nice-looking and informative site. Keep up the good work! :)

2. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I just updated my site with a whole new look and feel. Curious what people think. :)

3. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I like it.

4. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks, Fire, I knew I could count on you. ;) :)

5. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Anytime boss. ;)

6. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow I just browsed through the index and there are a lot of wonderful sites in there (since I was last here)

ColemanTrebor15 - You have a good site there. The lay-out looks wonderful!

7. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm looking through the most recent sites posted in the index, just some quick comments for all of those ones who specifically requested comments. I might be overly critical, but I think by listing more rather than less things I don't like, there's a bigger chance there's something you'll agree with and change for your next revision. :) I haven't looked at forums though and I'm not saying anything about content because that's too subjective. Some sites I couldn't reach.

Sith Kittie: I like the site layout, because the pictures are put in sort of magazine style and each page has a picture. The color theme looks good, except I find some of the text to be a little too dark against the black background. The navigation menu is a little too deep for the costumes section, which could make it hard to find a specific page. I like the buttons though. The design is fixed width, which is something I don't particularly like (because it wastes space at higher resolutions), but that's a design choice.

Macon Clones: The splash screen is kind of confusing because if you click the link "Enter the Cloning Facility", it takes you back to the same page (unless that's what you mean by Cloning Facility! :) ) The design is good but the Geocities ad blocks the menu at the left. Good, readable color theme. The logo is a little blurry looking but not bad at all. The design here is also fixed width.

Skywalker Legacy: Great unique design, but the IFRAMES are sometimes too small (like the Family History one). The font size is also too small, I can barely read it. The individual IFRAMES are laid out well, and I like the gallery section design. As with both of the above sites, the design is fixed width, which I'm not a fan of. The color theme is pretty good for browsing but for heavy reading it might not give enough contrast.

... I got a little sidetracked earlier and I'll have to do this later ...

8. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    thanks for the feedback ardens.

I've been having trouble with the colours cause my monitor shows everything brighter tahn it seems to show up on everybody elses. Trying to fix that.

I really appreciate the review! thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.