main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Wedge Antilles, TV Star?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    how much is it a month?

2. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I think it's something like $15 per month. It gets slightly cheaper if you pay for more than one month at a time.

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Well, in a way, it really is a whole new game, so starting over from scratch might be the way to go, especially if you're not having to pay for it! I'm just not sure I could get past remembering what SWG used to be and had the potential to become, if they'd fixed the broken parts and left other things well enough alone.

:~)

Wow, new topic by page 2. Not bad...

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I was attempting to get these boards flowing again.

I do my best to not think about the glory days of SWG, it makes playing it now a lot easier. The NGE really did damage the game though, at least Naritus, there aren't nearly as much people in game now as there was before that. I was in Coronet the other night and there were only 2 other people in the whole city, there used to be 50 people just standing in front of the Starport. It's a little depressing but at the same time it's kind of nice. Less people = less jerks. :)

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    The less = less statement is kinda' like the "No brain, no headaches" equality. :~)

I think it was Sulsa who posted recently that they're revamping a whole lot of things in SWG in the next year. I'll be curious to see what they do, but I w/o the crafting aspect, it's kinda' not for me. Oh yeah, and not having any time any more to myself...

Nice work, marma. Got us talking, did ya?

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Crafting is still in the game, actually it's probably a lot more interesting now since it's the trader profession that allows you to craft everything rather than having to focus on a specific product. I haven't tried it though so I really don't know much about it.

By the way, Jonathan or anyone else who wants to try SWG they have a 14 day trial thing for download on starwarsgalaxies.com. I'm on the Naritus server but I'm not on very often (probably even less starting next week).

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Did they bring back med crafting?

8. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I don't think so. I don't think medics need to craft at all anymore. I think traders do all the crafting for clothes, buildings, weapons, armor and everything else.

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Bleah. :~)

Figures.

Oh, well...

Any updates on your moving date? How're things going?

10. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm leaving tomorrow. We're staying in a hotel with a monthly rate for a bit, that way we can be more picky about the place we choose and don't just have to move into the first place that's available.

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Wow! That's...soon. :~) Best wishes to you guys!

Hmmm...don't get too spoiled up there in hotel life. Maid service, bedding gets washed...hmmm...sounds good.

Are you two going to be online from up there?

12. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah we're online. I have to be in order to work actually. We get free internet in the hotel so it's cool. Though from what I can see there are so many wireless sites available in this city where we are you could probably get free internet most anywhere. I hope we have the same luck when we find a place to live.

By the way, Kelsey already sort of got me a job for Lucasfilm. It's freelance so it's not quite as cool but it's better than nothing!

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Cool!

What sort of work?

14. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Graphics stuff for StarWarsShop. Nothing too interesting but still very cool.

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Sounds nice. :~)

Been reading your blog-stuff and it's neat to see where you two are at!

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm glad someone is reading it! It makes it feel less like a diary knowing that there is at least one other person looking at it. :)

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

It's fun to keep up with you guys.

Any luck with a costume, yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.