main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wedge fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Luke Skywalker, Jun 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Go team Wedge!!! Up with you

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
  3. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Is there a way to post picture on these boards? Or sould I read the FAQs?

Wes: Wish we had Page's commandos, or the Wraiths and a couple of weeks to prepare.
    Wedge: We'll just have to improvise.

Hobbie: You lied to me.
    Wedge: I did, with my brillant achievements in diplomacy I realized that lies can be powerful modivators.
    Hobbie: My faith is shattered.
    Wedge: When I asked for fours sets of women's clothing you knew we'd end up in them. You KNEW. So any hopes you had in the contrary were self delusion.
    Hobbie: I know that. I just rather blame you.

4. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Uppidy!

Wedge fans unite! :D Wahoo!

5. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Uppers for Wedge!!

6. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh no! This thread has dropped off the first page! Well then: uppers!

On another note: yes it is absolutly horrible that we have lost our beloved Wedge icon. On the bright side with what graphics skill I have I will try to come up with a logo for the Wedge Fan Club...I might try to do the Rouge Squadron Crest while I'm at it. Unless someone knows where one is posted on the web?

~*~Caili~*~

7. FenNabon

FenNabon Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2000
    I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Wedge fan! My favorite rogue! I'm currently working on a Wedge Fan Page, but I can't give out the URL until its a little more complete. :)

"What he (Tycho) did, what Wedge did, without being able to use the Force made them far more special than any Jedi. They flew with heart and brains and their entire being."
    -Corran Horn, ( from I, Jedi written by Micheal A. Stackpole)

"Palpatine's Dead; Vote Wedge!"

May the Wedge be with you, always!

--Fen Nabon

8. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Uppers!
    Where are y'all?!?

9. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Uppers! Wedge doesn't belong on the 2nd page!!

Antilles/Celchu '00

10. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Wedge forever!
    Come on everyone, where are you?!?

11. Belvana

Belvana Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2000
    heeeerrrrreeee!!!!!! ahh, back from holiday (guess what were the books i read when i was lying on the sunny beach of cyprus??? yeah, the x-wring books, i somehow missed them totally ... there is no excuse for that, i know. but now i read them untill operation iron fist (the book i'm reading at the moment, am at page 250 now))
    and since i first read this books some days ago i can say i'm a new fan of wedge now!!! i can't explain the reason why i didn't read all the x-wring books some years ago...
    but now, i'm a wedge fan, too. *smile*
    especcially the first book by aaron allston (called wraith squadron??? the german title is 'die Gespensterstaffel') made me laugh a lot. so the people on the beach already had started looking at me... but sometimes there was no way out. and my laughter was to hear again...
    so, that was one reason why i like wedge now...
    you are going to see me post here often, although i won't be able to quote any dialogues, eccept anyone of you is speaking german well... ;)
    he, i really hope this thread is going to survive a long time!!!!
    bye for now, Belvana

12. Belvana

Apr 29, 2000
    heeeerrrrreeee!!!!!! ahh, back from holiday (guess what were the books i read when i was lying on the sunny beach of cyprus??? yeah, the x-wring books, i somehow missed them totally ... there is no excuse for that, i know. but now i read them untill 'operation iron fist' (the book i'm reading at the moment, am at page 250 now))
    and since i first read this books some days ago i can say i'm a new fan of wedge now!!! i can't explain the reason why i didn't read all the x-wring books some years ago...
    but now, i'm a wedge fan, too. *smile*
    especcially the first book by aaron allston (called wraith squadron??? the german title is 'die Gespensterstaffel') made me laugh a lot. so the people on the beach already had started looking at me... but sometimes there was no way out. and my laughter was to hear again...
    so, that was one reason why i like wedge now...
    you are going to see me post here often, although i won't be able to quote any dialogues, eccept anyone of you is speaking german well... ;)
    he, i really hope this thread is going to survive a long time!!!!
    bye for now, Belvana

13. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    Belvana welcome to the world of Wedge Fanism!

And what is this thread doing all the way down here?

Uppers!

14. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Belvana, I know how you feel. As soon as I got back from vacation, I read all my x-wing books from start to finish.

15. Belvana

Apr 29, 2000
    the thread down here??? when i posted my first post, it was at the middle of page 2 of all the topics... oops, or???
    and sorry that i posted the same message 2 times... my computer hates me, so it does all this silly things... ;D
    god, i am at page 350 now, and can't wait to read more... but today i wanted to write the next chapter of my sci-fi utopia... hm... so now i have the choise: writing my own book, or read the one of a.allston... hm. perhaps i read the book now and work in the night... here it is 9 pm, you have to know...
    but, thanks for the nice 'welcome'!!!!! :)
    bye, Belvana (this will push the topic a little bit, it is already in the last lines of the topics-page...)

16. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Uppers! Wedge guides this safely to the top!

Wedge Rules!

17. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Wedge forever!

18. Belvana

Apr 29, 2000
    oops, had the feeling that i should push the thread a little bit...
    one thing:
    how have the boys and girls/men and women of 'mara jade fanclub- reborn' more than 2400 messages, but we have to push the thread with 'go wedge' to save it from page 2 of all topics??? do we something wrong?? is there nothing we can really discuss about?? i thought it is a wedge fan page, and as far as i know on a fan page you`re discussing. or say something else. i don`t know. perhaps i'm wrong. but isn't it worth a thought???
    would like to hear how you think about it... :)
    bye, Belvana (see you in 24 hours, we have to buy a new car tomorrow... that will keep me buisy :) )

19. General-Solo

General-Solo Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2000
    Who doesn't like Wedge? He is the best. Long Live Wedge!!!

20. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    That's something that worries me, Belvana. The Mara thread has a number of dedicated members posting constantly. We need to find something to debate. I've tried starting a couple but they never go far. I dunno....
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Of course, we *do* have the alt.fan.wedge newsgroup, which no other Star Wars character does :) :)

21. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Erm... How about who was better for Wedge, Iella or Qwi Sux? Personally I'd go for Iella.

Actually, maybe this isn't such a good debate - does anyone actually like Qwi?

22. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Well, Gav, everyone here would vote for Iella. I'd be amazed if Q** SUX got a single vote.

23. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Actually, I'll borrow a couple of debate ideas from the Mara thread...

Where do you think Wedge was during the times he's not mentioned in EU? For example, during the Black Fleet crisis, and Children of the Jedi?
    What was he doing in the six years between VotF and VP?
    Who'd make a good older Wedge?
    Should Wedge have had his own theme in the OT?

24. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    What was Wedge doing between VOTF and VP? Hmm, probably going off on vacation alot with Iella, raising the kids, doing some Wraith stuff, etc.

*shudders* Qwi? No way, no how, ewww!!!!!

25. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Iella v. Qwi Sux. This is a joke, right? Iella of course.

Where do you think Wedge was during the times he's not mentioned in EU? For example, during the Black Fleet crisis, and Children of the Jedi?

I dunno, I'm thinking he was retired when the New Republic made peace with the Imperial Remanent. Probably lounging aroung Coruscant and spending time with Iella and his kids.

What was he doing in the six years between VotF and VP?

:shrugs: Retired? and kicking snub jockey's butts?

Who'd make a good older Wedge?

Denis Lawson gets my vote. You can't beat the original.

Should Wedge have had his own theme in the OT?

Hell yeah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.