main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wedge's Surprise Party PART I

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    Title: Wedge?s Surprise Party PART I
    Author(s): Wedge Antilles
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Wedge Antilles, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian, Tycho Celchu
    Genre: Comedy?
    Keywords:
    Summary: For the first time since they met and became friends, Wes misses Wedge?s Life Day
    Notes:

[color=006699]Wedge?s Surprise Party PART I

This was not one of Wes Janson's better days -all the plans he had made for this day were shot to The Seven Hells of Corellia all because the son-of-Sith lambda-class shuttle decided to suffer a system?s failure on their way back from Coruscant to the ship where the Rogues were currently stationed ? The Echoes of Endor. So here they sat, just him and Hobbie, on some backwater dirt ball, the communications on the shuttle out, his comlink not being able to pick up any bands, either military or civilian, and missing one of the most important days of the year. This was the first time in years he was going to miss this special day and it really had him upset: he buried his face in his hands and that is how Hobbie found him, sitting in the pilot's seat of the shuttle while waiting for the repair facility to open recalling Hobbie's words as they inspected the shuttle hoping that they could fix the problem - all Hobbs kept muttering, over and over was "It's worse than that."

"Hey Wes, look what I found in the refrigeration unit in the galley," Hobbie said as he sauntered out of the aft compartment holding out a couple of pieces of stale pizza with the works to his buddy, "I think it must be left over from the last party Tycho had on board here not too far back and it?s not spoiled ? hey it doesn't taste too bad either," he exclaimed gnawing at his piece to emphasize his point.

"Thanks, Hobbs," Wes said dejectedly, taking the offered slices and setting them down on the command console: he looked at the incredibly large box wrapped in dark blue paper and tied with a bright orange ribbon that sat in the navigator?s seat behind his pilot?s chair and let out a heavy sigh, "I hope you didn't touch the cake in the refrigeration unit."

"Give me some credit, Wes,? Hobbie moaned, ?I'm not a pig ya know - I know what it's for and I wouldn't dream of touching it; besides, it cost us far too much to have a ryshcate that size custom made and decorated," Hobbie sighed as he sat down heavily in the co-pilot's chair and followed Wes' gaze, "We'll get back in time to give that to him, Wes - even if we're late, it's the thought that counts."

Wes turned his eyes that were threatening to overflow with tears back towards the Ralltiirian pilot, "I know that Hobbie, but this is the first time since I've known Wedge that I haven't been there for his birthday - to throw him a surprise Life Day Party - you know how much he hates that and me making him wear a silly party hat with that elastic sting that drives him to distraction because it makes his neck itch," he said, his voice dejected as he looked back at the box, "Do you think he'll like this addition to his stuffed Ewok collection?"[/color]

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I remember this one! Will we actually get an update to this wonderful story this time? :p

3. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Yep!!! :D I am just going through Part II - which is the last part as well - and editing it as I type.

Wedge :>o<:
    Cross into the Blue[/color]

4. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Wedge?s Surprise Party ? PART II

On board the Mon Cal MC80 Star Cruiser The Echoes of Endor, the commanding officer of Rogue Squadron sat with his back to the bulkhead in his quarters reviewing the day?s reports and duty roster; he looked across his desk to the blonde aristocratic Alderaanian pilot sitting opposite of him, ?Tych, you don?t suppose Wes and Hobbie?s being late could be one of Wes? practical jokes, do you,? he ask, a hint of the buried worry he felt coming through in his voice as he spoke softly.

?I honestly don?t think so Wedge, it?s not quite Wes? style ? plus Hobbie would not never let them be late on purpose; I?m worried that something has happened to either them personally, their shuttle, or both,? Tycho Celchu told his CO ? trying to be realistic while at the same time attempting to reassure Wedge that he thought everything would be fine.

?Yes, that is true - that is also what my gut is telling me as well ? I was just hoping?? the dark-haired Corellian said, his soft voice trailing off as he spoke.

?I know Wedge, and I understand ? I also know as much as you protest and pretend to hate it, you really do look forward to Wes? surprise parties for your Life Day as well as the odd-ball, off-the-wall gifts he always gets you every year and you know it as well as he does ? no use trying to deny it to me Wedge, those of us who have known you and Wes since almost the beginning, know it too,? Tycho stated matter-of-factly.

Wedge Antilles blushed a bright crimson, ?I know you guys know but I still have to maintain a good facade in front of the entire squadron and let them think that it irritates me to no end,? he said quietly as he switched off his computer and his datapad, gathering up pieces of flimsy on his desk, ?Tych, go pull up their flight plan and course; I am going to check out a shuttle for you and my X-Wing ? we are going to back track, tracing their route and find them,? the Corellian pilot said as he stood and walked towards the door of his office.

An hour later Tycho ? dressed in his customary black flightsuit - met Wedge in the hanger assigned to the Rogues; ?Wedge, I have what you asked for ? a copy for me and one for you,? the blonde pilot said as he held out a datapad in the Corellian?s direction, ?It looks fairly straight forward on the trip out to Coruscant but on their way back they were to take a ?side trip? to ? are you ready for this Wedge ? Corellia ? before returning to The Echoes.?

Wedge shook his head as he accepted the offered datapad, ? he knew Wes well enough to know that a stop over at the Corellian pilot?s home planet could only mean trouble for him ? all sorts of horrible visions flashed through his mind of what Wes could pick up on Corellia to torment him with ? would a thak or a nerf, or worse both, fit into the shuttle Wes and Hobbie had checked out he wondered before coming to the realization that even if there was not Wes would find a way to get them on board, ?Let?s go Tych, for some reason I have a bad feeling about this.? Minutes later, they were cleared from The Echoes and given their exit vectors off the massive ship: Wedge called to Tycho over their private comm channel, ?See you at Coruscant,? as he took up his position under the shuttle hiding in its shadow where he could not be seen if they were pulled out of hyperspace early in an attack or pirate attempt ? both ships entered hyperspace for the eight hour trip to Coruscant.

Shortly after entering hyperspace, Wedge popped in enough music disks into his command console to last the long trip to Coruscant; he dialed down the polarization of both his goggles and the transparisteel of his cockpit?s canopy so that the cockpit?s interior was dimmed ? adjusting his pilot?s couch so that he was in a semi-reclining position he set the alarm that would notify him five minutes before his reentry into realspace: Wedge closed his eyes thinking about how lucky Tycho was that he had assigned him the shuttle ? the Alderaanian could move about or even lie down if he wanted but Wedge wa

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Wonderful! Ewok collection! And another great buddy fic for the Fab Four. :D

6. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    That was hilarious!!!! Are there more of these?

7. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Yes there are some more of these on this board - Bamfa and Me, Wal-Mart. Why'd it have to be Wal-Mart?, Wedge vinettes, Nightmares and a couple or so others.

I am glad you are enjoying my writing.

Wedge :>o<:
    Cross into the Blue[/color]

8. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I enjoy them too! I especially loved the Walmart one. This one was great too.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.