main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 5/Day Task 1: Make Way for the Geek

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Katya Jade, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, there are a lot of things I could post about for my favorite pasttime. I love films but I don't watch them enough for it to be a pasttime. Theater is my passion, but again, it's not something that I do unless I'm actively involved with a production.

Which brings me to what I am at heart. I'm a gamer. I was around to kick some serious Pong butt. Mastered Pac Man and became obsessed with Centipede. When the original - original - Castle Wolfenstein came out I played it constantly. The challenge of finding the secret passages and defeating the evil Nazi's was awesome.

[image=http://www.freedos.org/news/wolf3d/title.png]

And Doom? Do I even have to go into detail about why Doom kicked butt?

Okay, just to set the record straight - I do ocassionally use cheat codes. Most of the time, I use them after I've gone all the way through the game so I can replay it on the maximum carnage level and totally kick some butt.

Since I've gotten my XBox (talk to the hand PS2ers) Halo has been my husband's and my obsession.

[image=http://www.metacritic.com/media/games/platforms/xbox/halo/picture.jpg]

We play Coop and have friends over and I always win at free-for-alls. I mean, always. The only way they can beat me is two on one capture the flag with tanks. Even then, I still get two out of three flags placed. Pansies.

My favorite individual player game right now is Splinter Cell.

[image=http://www.metacritic.com/media/games/platforms/xbox/tomclancyssplintercell/picture.jpg]

Normally, I go for the games where I can blast the crud out of things, but Splinter Cell takes stealth to a new level. The missions are awesome and each time you play, something different happens.

So, all in all, I'm a certified geek. I love Star Wars and I'll spend an entire weekend completely happy to play XBox, eat pizza and drink....soda. :p

When I get my XBox live, I'll be happy to play against any of you guys or gals anytime. Look out. I've got my sniper rifle ready and I'm a crack shot. :cool:

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    You took my pasttime! :mad:

:_|

Dang it. Now to decide if I should keep with what I was going to do, or think of something else I do. :(

Oh, and PS2 > XBox. :p But you would 0wn me at any XBox game.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Game Cube > X Box > PS2

:p

I'm a gamer, too :D Awesome, Kate :D

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah, Rachel's right. Gamecube is better than Xbox. At least to me. I bought an Xbox on launch day, and my favorite games for it are Halo, Munch's Oddyssy, and Project Gotham, which all came out on launch day. I'm not a big fan of combat simulations or first person shooters, so the Xbox isn't my cup of tea.

Give me space traveling foxes, plumbers with super soakers, and crazy assed onion monsters anyday.

5. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    The hatred exuded towards the PS2 in this thread is just sickening... [face_plain]

:p

Great work, Kate! :)

6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    You guys play your PS2's and Gamecubes. I'll continue to OWN on XBox. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.