main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 7, Day Task 1 - "Missy"

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Mrs_Kitty, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
    Missy

I have had many pets in my years: 6 dogs and about 21 cats. But my favorite would have to be the one I kept for 11 years...

My parents were getting me a new kitten because my first cat had gotten killed. I got her from a shelter in Georgetown. She had just been winged. Her mother was a Persian and her father was a Siamese. She was a pretty Russian blue kitty. My mom and I put her in a box and put her in the backseat of our car. While driving back home my mom asked me what we should name her. My mom said, "How about we name her Mist." I said, "No, I think we should name her Missy." And so she was named Missy.

She was my baby. We decided she would be an inside cat. We got her fixed and de-clawed her front paws. She grew up to be a very pretty Russian blue Persian. She loved her family and thought that no other pet should come in the house because it was her place now. :) If you weren?t part of the family then she showed you how she felt, and it wasn?t pretty.

This is the sad part of the story. After my mom left my dad and my dad kicked out me brother, my dad didn?t care about Missy anymore. I was the one that had to take care of her. Once I started College I met Salty. Missy loved Salty, but I knew that if I married Salty that I couldn?t take Missy with me because Salty already had about 3 cats. Missy wouldn?t be use to that and probably wouldn?t get along with the others. Plus, I knew that if I took her away from the place that she had been living in for about 11 years, she wouldn?t be the same and probably wouldn?t survive for long. :( I tried my best not to think about it.

Then the day came where I had to leave her. :( Two months before I was supposed to get married, my dad kicked me out. I moved in with Salty, but had to leave Missy behind. After I had got all my stuff together, I picked her up and kissed her and hugged her. I tried my best not to cry. :_| Missy knew something was going on, but didn?t know what.

About a year later, my mom told me that my dad gave Missy away to a woman that had a lot of cats outside. I knew then that Missy was dead. :_| Missy had never been outside in her life and could probably not take the experience of being outside and being around a lot of different cats, which she also wasn?t used to.

To this day, I still think about her. At least I still have a picture of her. And now I have a kitten that is about two years old that looks just like her, but isn?t a Persian, that I named Missy :)

[image=http://mrskitty12.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/missy.gif]

(You may have to drag and drop to see the picture)

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Aw! :_| Poor little Missy. It's so sad when you have to leave your pets. Especially ones you love. :( Sorry you couldn't take her with you, she's a beauty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.