main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Back Ft. Lauderdale "Visitors" to Dragon Con!

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Hope everyone had a safe and great time... more of us are looking forward to joining you next year! :)

-Axe

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I hope many more of us can go to Dragoncon next year. I had a great time. I met alot of people from around the country and alot of the Hothlanta Rebels. Every person I met welcomed me and made me feel like I had been with them forever. They are a fun group to hang out with. The con itself had so much to do that it really does take 3 or 4 days to see everything you want to see. They had a huge dealers room with an additional exhibit hall with alot of dealers there also. There were many stars signing autographs and they were all so gracious and sweet answering questions or chatting with you even if you didn't buy an autographed photo. Many of them even posed for pictures if you asked.The lines for autographs were short for the most part except for Tracy Lords and Nichelle Nichols. I have to warn you all, there is ALOT of walking involved so bring comfy shoes. If we all start to put away a couple of dollars weekly, we can afford to have a large contingent go to Atlanta next year.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Dragon*Con was a blast! It was great to finally meet Stacey in person. She hung out with myself and the rest of the Hothlanta Rebels most of the time, and we were glad to have her join us. :)

The FanForce dinner itself was a huge success. The food, company, and conversation were all terrific! :D

I do hope that I will be able to meet more of you at next year's Dragon*Con. :)

4. TK-1010

TK-1010 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002

<A Stormtrooper Sergeant walks in with a small detachment of Stormtroopers>

I have orders from the 501st Legion to personally deliver the following message:

As a Florida Garrison member, I had the honor and pleasure of meeting some of the fandomenace members again at DragonCon 2002. I ran into some of the guys in the dealers room and spent some time chatting with Stacey Hacker and Jessica Tran at their table. I just loved the TIE fighter origami thingies. I needed to make a fleet of them to shoot down those pesky rebel x-wings. Hehe. I will have to save the "instructions" in my Legion scrapbook. But more importantly, I was succesfully able to "re-establish" contact through Stacey, she is such a sweetheart, but soon will be more Sith like after I spend some time personally showing her the "true nature" of the dark side.

It has been a while since I last saw the fandomenace members, at the MuviCo 24 in Davie, and I was wondering what had happened to them. I would hope that in the future, a more organized and planned meeting could take place between our two groups and we could once again make appearances at local events.

Long live the Empire.....<end message>

<TK-1010 motions his arm and orders the small detachment to depart>
    <TK-1010 watches carefully as he departs.....>

Jay Harris
    Sergeant, 501st Legion, Florida Garrison
    tk1010@fl501st.com
    http://www.501st.com
    http://www.fl501st.com

5. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Hi, Jay! Good to see you again. Yes, the opening was a disaster from an organizational standpoint....But Not From Our End! We weren't even told that you folks were even going to be there! That guy Jared from Muvico was pulling the whole thing out of his Sarlaac pit, if you know what I mean! We had a schedule and provisions that were supposedly promised to US never happened. It even took someone an hour to find a person with the "authority" to open that One Room Chrome Detention Center they called a "green room". We were promised a second room but we got bumped to make way, I presume, for Jabba's entourage. Those tags you made for performers ended up being collectors' items for the cinema staff! And Nepotism reared its ugly head at the premiere when all the Manager's friends and family got to see the midnight showing that our group almost missed! We would have been better off not telling anyone what we were doing and just show up in costume!....Which is probably what we'll end up doing in the future.
    Well, I'm off my soap box now...but I was so ticked I left fandom to cool off for awhile...Good to see you, man...looking forward to seeing you soon.

-axe

6. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Beenca is unsure of why she is fascinated by the stormtrooper sergeant. She usually stays away from imperials. There is something drawing her to this trooper. Beenca is trying to fight this pull, but the dark side of the force is strong. Will she be able to stay on the good side of the force or will she be seduced to the dark side? [face_devil]

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    The Dark Side is fun. Come on over. It'll be a hoot! ;) :p

8. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Easy...Seductive,the Dark Side is...But forever will it RULE Your Destiny!...Be sure you get a contract for a future trilogy!..lol :)

-Axe

9. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Well...at least get a full shipment of sprinkles and.... bacon! :)

-Axe

10. TK-1010

TK-1010 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    Give yourself to the Dark side.........it is your destiny........you are beaten, it is useless to resist.

Jay Harris (TK-1010)
    Sergeant, 501st Legion, Florida Garrison

11. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    HEY STACEY
    it was great meeting u but ultimatly
    putting a name with a real face
    if anyone else was there i didn't meet sorry maybe next year i was only able to stay two days friday-sat.
    but next year we will be there all weekend
    so stacey was i what u exspected and what did u think of my first impression
    noom:eek:ut

12. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Noom, it was great to finally meet the bounty hunter who invaded the Fandomenace sector. I loved your costume and you are avery sweet guy out of character. I look forward to next year.

13. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    My lady Brightstar, I think I was already starting to turn to the dark side when I joined you in the Sprinkle Empire as your apprentice. This trooper is powerful in the force. He is the baddest. I fear I cannot resist him. ;) [face_devil] :cool:

14. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Axe, never fear for the supply of sprinkles and bacon. As long as I remain the apprentice to Minacia Brightstar the crew of the Pride's Revenge will not run out of supplies.

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Sprinkles and the Dark Side go hand in hand. Chocolate is also of the Dark Side.

Now, chocolate and sprinkles together...sinful perfection. ;)

16. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    White chocolate has to be of the Light Side! :)

-Axe

17. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    I am with you Minacia, chocolate only enhances our wonderful sprinkles....
    Beenca can't seem to concentrate on the message she is trying to send. It seems that the trooper TK1010 is willing her to the dark side. She is feeling powerless to resist. His is a strong pull, she is falling to the dark side whether she wants to or not.

18. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, looks like we owe you guys in FL a visit now. Perhaps some of us can make it to MegaCon in Orlando? Guess I should start to plan on that now. Any other BIG cons (aside from Vulkons) that may be worth the flight or car ride?

BTW, it was really cool to get to finally meet you Stacey. You are such a sweetheart!

19. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Thanks Ian, you and Anita helped to make my Dragoncon experience so much more fun. I hope we can coordinate a trip to Megacon this year. If you and some of the Rebels will be there I will see what I can do to get some Fandomenace folks there. In my opinion, Megacon would probably be the best con to plan a trip from Atlanta for.

20. TK-1010

TK-1010 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    Hey Jace......you might want to look into the ACCEXPO in Fort Lauderdale by all of us in late November. I am pretty sure it will be an imperial controlled area, especially at the entrances from what I have been told.

21. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    I know this is a little late and "other" events surrounding the Atlanta trip served to muddle her actual contributions, but congratulations and Kudos to Stacey113 for her exemplary representation of The Fandom Menace at DragonCon! Your willingness to sacrifice a small portion of your time in order to represent us as well as further communications and good will with other Fanforce chapters does not go unnoticed. As club gamemaster, with the authority vested in me, I grant you 5,000 experience points! Just one word of advice, though...Don't fall into the "identity trap"... that is don't expect everyone to behave and respond in the same manner you would have them. "Your enthusiasm serves you well but it can be used to serve the dark side of the force." :)

-Axton Tredway, Co-Chairman

22. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Do you have a link to this ACCExpo? Not familiar with it. Honestly, with expenses this year between Celebration II and DragonCon, I won't be able to make it to any cons until January. Overspent a bit on the credit cards. Guess I need to get out and sell more sprinkles.

The Dark Side is fun. Come on over. It'll be a hoot! - Minacia

Okay...using the words hoot and darkside together just seems VERY wrong!

23. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    It's rumored with some authority that the event is somehow co-hosted by some "nerf-herder"! That's enough of a reason why we are not part of that venue! Its been rumored by some organization ...EDIT.....(of my own choosing for the sake of not offending the "criminal in question" or those who get nervous arround inflamatory statements)..DISGUTING!!!!"Me thinks thou dost protest too loudly"-William Shakespeare

24. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, my question still hasn't been answered. What is it? I've never heard of ACCEXPO. Is it a Trek convention? Star Wars? Comics and Gaming? A little bit of everything? Who are the guests? What's the URL to their website. And Axe...those are some pretty slanderous statements to make. Can you back them up? Can the other organization he worked with back it up? Why has no one turned the promoter in for fraud if that is the case?

25. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Jace, ACCEXPO is a small local exhibition that is trying to be a con. They will have Richard Hatch as the guest, but that is about it besides a dealer room. That is why I suggested that we meet up for Megacon in February to give everyone a chance to save up after Dragoncon and Celebration 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.