main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to Fan Audio

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Azeem, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApertureCaged

ApertureCaged Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    What about a Fan Audio Forum Mod; Who would that be?

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I'd imagine any of the fan film forum mods. I've been asked to keep an eye out for audio news and to PM it to Azeem, so I'll keep an eye out till we know for sure.

3. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Well, shoot. Butler has been a JR mod for a while over at the fanfilms board. It kinda makes sense for him to be it over here.

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I've already done up new graphics for this board... they're uploaded and just waiting for someone to change the links...

Fenn

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Woot woot! :p

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Rich: I'm not sure about that modding idea. I'd have to be more PC, and it might rub someone the wrong way as certain other things are dealt with.

7. Tahsh

Tahsh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 1999
    So, will this be a place to discuss things like the Dark Forces Audio story that one of my classmates got for me?

Or just fan film related stuff?

Either way, I see this as a way to get to know other users.

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I'd imagine the DF audio would remain Literature-based, since it's based on the William C. Deitz graphic novels, in turn based on the games.

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    This forum is very new at the moment, so we don't even have guidelines. Perhaps we should start a general social thread for stuff like that?

Or maybe we could use this thread as the general social thread?

10. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Maybe one thread each for the original Radio Dramas and the later Audio Drama presentations, then sorta make those the official threads for that kind of discussion. Maybe a guidelines thread that could be "sticky" to tell people the general idea of what the forum is meant to be about.

11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm not an fan audio maker (though I hope ultimately to do an audio drama to flesh out some important and only hinted-at backstory for my film), just a fan and an interested party, so I'd hold my opinions about this board in less importance than the actual fan audiomakers. (There has to be a better way to say that. Fan filmmaker just rolls off the tongue. We need an equivalent title for you all.)

I agree that it would seem probable that the main location for discussion of the official radio dramas would be Lit. However, I can see that there could be a place for discussing them (from a different perspective) here as well. However, I think a thread for each production is overkill. A single thread for all official audio dramas should be sufficient - at the most, I'd think one for the trilogy radio dramas and another for the audio productions of EU materials, like TotJ, DF, and DE. I doubt there will be enough discussion to warrant more than that.

I think it would be quite ironic if Nate were a mod here, as he fought vehemently and persuasively against this board's existence. Still, he seems the most intelligent candidate.... Hmm. I don't know.

And, just out of curiosity, is there a reason we are seeing so many threads labeled "Official"? Have we been having many problems with unofficial threads? I just think it's getting a little repetitive.... Personal preference only, however.

-Paul

12. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I can tell ya now on the mod thing: Ain't gonna happen. I'll be modding Tac's Fan Audio board and . . . other things that I can't really discuss much just yet. Suffice to say, I'd feel it a conflict of interest.

I'd prefer to just be a promoter for the genre, rather than at all be "on-staff" for TFN.

13. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    And if you'll direct your attention up above, I think you'll notice that the new forum graphics have arrived... :D

Fenn

14. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Fenn: graphics are snazzy, my friend.
    Nathan: Your right. Your a big potty mouth. You realize the f-bomb isn't really meant as a comma, right?

15. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Looks great Fenn!
    Keith

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Well, it's CLOSE to a comma. :)

17. raiderjainasolo

raiderjainasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    You used the exact picture of Threepio that I was hopeing you would use! Nice job!

18. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Hmm... I could mod this. I mean, I already do it at forum.swcity.net.

19. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    We have two pages in the fanaudio forum. whoooo. I think we may have a shot at being noticed.

20. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Don't forget 19 topics! :) Anyone care to make it 20?

Keith

21. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    A general question, and I didn't know where to put it:

Obviously, the fan audio forum is for discussing and promoting fan audios. Would that include fan-written and recorded parody songs? Just out of general curiosity.

22. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I wouldn't have a problem with it. This is "FAN AUDIO", so I would assume music is audio. Therefore, go for it. ;)

23. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    On humor songs and such, isn't there also a music board somewhere? Or a humor board?

Maybe that's a 3-board topic.

24. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    There's a Music section at the JC... I'd say you could take discussion of professional parodies there. (We're an allowing bunch. Heh.) We also had a Star Wars fan music thread but it's pretty quiet.

There is no humor board. Which is good, because 90% of all SW humor is unbelievably unfunny. ("Episode II: Send in the Clones" and "Episode II: Electric Boogaloo" jokes come to mind.)

I'd say that any sound-based fan work, be it narrative or musical, should hang out here.

Rick McCallum loves you!

25. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Since we're discussing fan audio in general: I sent news updates on several of the projects talked about on this board to Azeem. I had been intending that ages ago, but finally got around to it. Twas part of the setup originally that we'd have to send him news as none of the site regulars will be around here much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.