main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA We're first! We're first!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    That is ****ing sad to see the film stock destroyed...I mean COME ON!

3. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The eyewitness concerned had tears in his eyes telling the tale...

Also, on Hayden in RotJ, he had no idea until the DVD was about to come out when someone said to him that he was on it, apparently the footage came from a costume test, he wasn't even acting.

That's why he never matches eyelines with Yoda or Obi Wan.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Now that is really crap. They could have at least gotten him there to do the bit.

5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    No wonder he looked goofy and in a jestful mood!

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, thank the maker that I still have my Original Trilogy! I'm going to ask my daddy to copy it over onto DVD for me when he gets his new toy!

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Why thank the maker? He doesn't want you to have the OT, which is why it's been destroyed and re-made so many times. :p

8. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I was going for a SW feel, but if I must, I'll re-phrase.....

Thank God I still have the Original Trilogy!

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    What did God have to do with making it?

I have my THX 1995 widescreen trilogy copies, not the same as DVDs though.

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks to soneil we have copies of the laser disc versions on DVD. But I'm not sure how original original they are. I think they were slightly retouched or something. soneil?

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The main laser disc rips doing the rounds are the THX 1995 "faces" versions, which are the same edit as the theatrical versions, but have the original print cleaned up, transparency issues with cockpits etc fixed.

The ANH dvd from that series also has the option to have the opening crawl subtitled "A New Hope" or not, and all 3 have production art, early draft screenplays, and the option for isolated music score.

Given recent "discussion" on piracy, I will say that I don't have a personal problem with people having bootleg DVDs of the O-OT, so long as they have purchased at some point the non SE version on VHS and I'm also fairly certain those people would buy an official version of the untouched trilogy on DVD should one ever get released.

I'd hope though, that however it was obtained, it wasn't purchased from someone making money from a film they didn't make.

12. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    I remember ages ago, when watching ANH on a Beta max tape (thats how long ago it was) seeing cars infront of the temples on yavin, both parked and cruising by. I remember this because of the comment made by my cousin at the time, why would there be cars there when they had landspeeders in backwater planets like Tattooine.

I have never seen that original ever before and thats going back a good twenty odd years. And I have seen all the OT many, many times over. Even in digitally redone ROTJ, when the chase is on to get to the deathstar core, when three tie fighters are in pusuit you can see the cell still that they are painted on. If they are going to re do the OT's over again, er again, at least take the head of the Sarlacc Pit monster and have it the way it was before.

Symmbian

13. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The version I gave Dan & Sal is pretty good. I'm no expert but it certainly looks as good as regular DVD quality to me. Each film's got a comentary and there's a 4th disc with some good special features - several I'd never seen before. I don't think they have the features SM mentioned.
    Since GL has no intention of ever releasing them, then I don't consider it piracy for folks like me who have bought the originals on video and bought the new special edition DVD box set. Pretty much what SM said I guess. Downloaded them from a now closed down file sharing network. I was lucky to get them when I did. Kart's seen them but I don't know if he's got a copy yet. So Nat or anyone else who do have a legitimate bought copy of the original trilogy, I feel no guilt about doing copies of the DVDs for you. A little hard where I'm located though so Sal might be able to get them for you easier.
    Somewhere I've also got some sound samples from the first cinema releases. For example, wedge and beru's voices were both dubbed over in the version's we're familiar with but not in the first cinema release.

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I beleive we once had the video versions of the OT, but they have since gone to Cashies, along with a lot of our movies and CDs. But we do have the OT DVD box set (speaking of which, are they just going to release a PT box set, or just the 6 movies?).

I don't know that we can actually discuss the doing of copies on here, but yes if you can provide the discs we will be able to do a copy (Kart, yours is coming). Just PM me if you want a copy.

And Hawk, or whoever, my apologies if this is against the TOS. Feel free to remove this post if needs be.

15. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I'd like to be able to edit my own special edition- as some stuff is okay, but some of the original stuff i Prefer- Jabbas musical bit and the new ROTJ end music (gotta love Yub Nub!)

and the dewback was cool (The dvd CG jabba is a lot better)

BUT at the end of the day, It's not my movie to tinker with!

16. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like your taste. Sounds like you like/dislike the same parts as me.
    The DVD set I have of the o-ot has an extended music video of the original song from Jabba's palace. It's called soemthing like Lapti Nek (can't remmeber exactly). I didn't even know a music video of that song existed before I got it. :)

17. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    hee hee- that song is on the original Soundtrack Box bonus music disc along with the ewok music and Jabba's baroque music!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.