main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL What a mess...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Scott,

Thank you for your posts.

As we all know, the 501st Legion does not need any defense, its overall reputation is defense enough. I understand that you are extremely busy and presently occupied with all present Legion activities. I am sorry that you had to come on these boards and reply to the childish remarks of (one) individual. To add, your response made me feel "that much more" proud to be a member of the 501st organization.

Keep in mind that (as you can see from Dwight's previous posts) he feeds on drama, would argue with a fence post and has been "anticipating" your posts to argue. Reading your post, once again, makes me proud to be a member of the Legion. You have nothing but respect from myself and the other 501st members throughout the Legion for your dedication and hard work.

Dwight,

I contacted Scott in regards to the bashing of the 501st Legion on these boards. It is Scott's right to be aware of any of these types of negative remarks towards the Legion and my responsibility to tell him.

I am truly sorry that you have such bitterness towards the Legion. Your post of the 10+ local 501st members that you have issues with bothers me a bit considering that only 3 active (local) members have posted any types of arguments on these boards in a very long time.

The 501st Legion DOES NOT support nor encourage conflicts of its members with other board members of any kind, especially SW related sites.

The Legion cannot direct which boards our members choose to be on nor does the Legion support its members to use the Legion as an argumental tool in any way or fashion.

For any Legion members on these boards at this time and/or reading this post, I would like to encourage you to please assist me in ceasing all posts on this FCJK site immediately.

501st members,

I almost guarantee that Dwight will be posting soon after this one. Reminder - Some people feed on drama, please don't encourage this by another post.

We are done here.

Thank you,

Matt

2. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Well said Matt. I'm done here. Have a nice life.

3. Sithmauler

Sithmauler Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2006
    Wow, picking on the 501st, I'm speechless.

4. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Never had problems with them or never bothered to look?

You're right. Julia was causing problems before she joined the 501st. It's the ignorant-girlfriends-syndrome. Sticking up for your buddies without really knowing what the heck is going on. Noble but no excuse. That said, you are deliberately avoiding what I've said again and again and putting words in my mouth. This isn't about "an entire population." It's about the local branch. You speaky the English?

Great. So go sit in your tower with your other conclusions. We wouldn't be any worse off. Again, this drama was started by one of your people. And it continues only because your people continue to sit around here and make childish demands like "if you have a problem with someone, PM them." Good advice they might well have taken themselves so we wouldn't have this whole drama to begin with. You're forgetting who's picking the fights. Or maybe no one told you that either. It doesn't matter. They're all here, and now so are you. You're running out of armor.

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Isn't this something that could be discussed in private messages?

6. fgdinterceptor

fgdinterceptor Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2006
    Well put, Hama. I have no idea what the hell's going on, since I'm pretty new to the forums, but after being a long-time Star Wars fan, and living in Jax, I thought I'd keep an eye out for our Jax fans. Like I said, I'm not familiar with anyone here and the things that have happened to bring on all this drama, but Star Wars fans and people alike, it's ridiculous the banter than that of this forum. I'd love to be a part of some of the events and such around town, but after reading the constant bickering, I'm not sure. It is disappointing we all have one thing in common, which is Star Wars. We can't celebrate and embrace this, instead everyone has their opinions and want to butt heads, causing conflicts such as this.

(this is where you add the sappy violin music)

To all you so-called fans, if that's what you are, let's grow up and do what we were meant to do. I know everyone's got their own issues, which is fine. There are ways to discuss things diplomatically, and a way to represent not only Jacksonville, but the Star Wars community.

I am not here to criticize anyone here, or start another debate. I think Hama has made things very clear on what needs to happen in order to get things back in order. Much props to the way you've handled things. =D= I fully agree to a "re-vamping" if you will. Whatever it takes. This is like a bad relationship. If you've ever heard of Dane Cook, then you know how he feels about those "nothing fights." If we strip away all the bull**** and get back to the basics, then we'll be able to get along and do some great things in Jax, things that will get back to every other Star Wars fan, and they'll see we here on the First Coast have our sh!t together.

Every single one of us remembers Star Wars. I was only 4 when I saw ROTJ in the theaters. I was hooked from there. My dad and brother were just as crazy about it. My brother and I fought all the time. When we didn't fight, I had Luke in the Slave 1, My bro had Vader in his Tie Fighter, and we'd battle out for intergalactic supremacy (in our backyard, living room, wherever we ended up!). What I'm getting at is this: We loved it. We didn't fight, because there was that thing we had in common. Granted, my Slave 1 would always beat the crap out of his Tie Fighter, but we had a blast. We are all huge fans, we are all compassionate. Somewhere we lost track of this, and the reason why we're even on this forum, the reason we go out in full costume to special events, and just get together to hang out and discuss things (not me--I said I was new, remember?).

ok, I'm spent. everyone, regardless of your personal issues, God Bless and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

7. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    fgdinterceptor - It would be awesome to see you at the next meeting where we get the "re-vamping" done to the group. Stay tuned. It can only get better and I know most of us can't wait. It actually looks like the "drama" may be finally over at this point. It's about time. =D=. Back to business and what we are actually about.

8. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, and if anyone wants to come out here to the studio and help us get this feature length Star Wars film done, that'd be groovy, too!

Coffee and cookies and pizza and goodies served all throughout!

9. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    I am also trying to get a house warming party together..either this weekend or next..all are welcome..becuse from 1/01/06-1/27/06 I am going to be busy with my sis wedding.

10. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Sounds pretty gravy all around.

Dwight, when is it good to come out there? I can't promise more than I'll try and I'd like to help.

Sinclair, get with the boss for anytime that might be good with us to warm your place up, hehe...

Merry Christmas Guys!

11. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    Today I slept in. My body needed a rest. But generally we're out there from morning til evening. Just call my cell and I'll let you know who's all there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.